Lt. Commander
Greetings all. A while back, PWE_Branflakes asked me to compile a list of Foundry bugs that exist. As much of a good idea as this was, it didn't get completed in a timely fashion for a bevy of reasons. Time, keeping up with things, you name it. So that's why I decided to make this big ole list a thread instead: that way, I can update the list and the status of various bugs on it whenever, while at the same time updating the list with bugs and feedback that others might post in the thread.

So here it goes:

ALIVE
1. Fire Extinguisher 01 Does Not Appear - FX asset "Fire Extinguisher 01" does not appear at all when laid down on a map.

2. Occasionally stuck in floor on maps With built in platforms - In "To Helna and Back", I do get the occasional report that a player has been stuck inside a platform that they beam onto while on maps. This platform is a cooked-in part of the map and is not something that can be moved, nor has changing the height value of the spawn point helped. It also repeatedly spawns players afflicted with this bug into the platform repeatedly after they've beamed out and tried to re-enter the mission again. It will continue to affect them until they drop the mission and re-hail it for it. It is an extremely occasional bug, but when it occurs, usually results in a 1 star review because players cannot resolve the issue.

3. NPC Contacts will not spawn if it has dual objectives - This is a weird one I found the other day. If you set an NPC Contact to become visible DURING its own objective (which is usually the only way an NPC can be set to become visible if it is attached to an NPC Contact Objective in the story flow), it will NOT become visible if a second NPC Contact Objective is added for that NPC later on in the story flow. In other words, the Foundry derps.

4. Dialogues attached to interactable objects do not always appear after the object is interacted with during map preview - This is an annoying one. When previewing a map in the foundry, often times a dialogue box that has been placed on the map and set to become visible when an object is interacted with will simply not appear. The current work around for this is to simply click the "Reset Map" button, and it usually appears properly once the map is re-run through, but it nonetheless results in a waste of time for most Foundry authors.

5. Countless UI bugs with the Foundry toolset - I literally cannot list all of these. Just go mess around in the Foundry. Change some settings on character costumes. Try typing in some dialogues. You WILL be assaulted by any one of a legion of user interface bugs that make using the Foundry anywhere from unbearable to impossible.

6. Wander Spinning Ships - I have heard reports that ships set to wander are only spinning in space after the mission is published. I have heard other reports that wander, and the speed of wander, is just broken all together.

7. Foundry Slots Unpurchasable - This should be simple enough. Despite how much dilithium you have, or how mandy Foundry slots you have, the option to buy them is grayed out.

SEMI-RESOLVED
1. Klingon mission bridge officer dialogues only show one bridge officer despite being programmed otherwise. - Although this looks mostly resolved, I have several points in my mission "Time the Enemy" where the non-ideal science officer has spoken the lines of the science officer when another science officer was already either slotted to my ship or on my away team and would have been more appropriate to deliver the dialogue. Strangely, at other parts of the mission, the appropriate science officer DOES speak the dialogue, which definitely means something is still kooky with this issue.

RESOLVED
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Here's some:

ALIVE
1. Importable Projects missing maps on import. I did some testing for Zero on this one. Imported the same mission twice, and missing the same map both times.

2. Along the lines of Hav's #4, I have notice dialogues linked to component complete not showing up on one test and showing up on another. In this case tied to a npc group. I destroyed the group but the dialogue didn't pop. Next test it did.

3. Have also had reports of people sinking into the floors, but very sporadic and I have not experienced this myself since Season 4. My mission "Over There" was one of the problem children back then, but it seems to be fixed now.

4. Side and bottom menus minimized for no apparent reason. Not really all that bad since I can easily drag them back to their usual sizes, but still.

5. Interact icon appearing in the middle of a map, far away from the interactable object. This has only happened to me once. I wanted the player to access one of the aft consoles on the Galaxy Bridge, so I put a martini glass in it. However the interact icon that normally hovers over the object instead hovered over the middle of the bridge, right near the captain's chair. I got around this by adding a reach marker objective, then spawning the interactable glass only while the player is already at the station.

6. Speaking of Galaxy Bridge, I think that random invisible wall is still there between the ready room and bridge.

UNKOWN
Not Foundry specific, but it just cropped up in a foundry review: What about the insanely powerful Warbird, is that bug still lurking? I think I remember reading about it. I tested the mission as published and the ally ships on the map defeated the warbird with no help from me (They were frigates no less). It's possible this person had it on elite, or is simply not a very good player, but I thought I remember reading something about how the warbird mob got tuned up.

Also, have heard reports of people not being able to set waypoints for their boffs. I believe Evil70th experienced this while testing one of my missions. Have not personally seen it.

Not a bug but please fix
The liberated Borg only showing up for lifetimes. There's no reason for Cryptic to let the rest of us play with it in the foundry.... but still, please

A bug, but please don't fix

Please don't take away the Thunderfalconcougarbird!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2012, 01:34 PM
I'll add a few for investigation.

1. Adding sky layers in space causes visible clipping and texture overlap on custom space maps. To replicate, add multiple sky layers and play test.

2. Platform icons cover objects underneath them. I'll call this a bug because these icons were added to make things easier and they've made things much worse. So, they can't be working as intended.

3. The "new" search does not show new missions. This is due to the auto-republishing of missions.

4. Space wander doesn't work.

5. The arrow buttons to expand and collapse side windows of the Foundry do not work.

6. Changing the mission name doesn't save until publishing.

7. When previewing the maps, popup blue bubbles do not work until the "reset" button is hit.

8. Maps reappear after deleting them, after the next restart of the Foundry.

9. npcs shoot through some props and not others. For example, they can't see through an invis wall, but they can see through a building.

10. Many of the objects in the details are not classified properly. There are vases and a bench under buildings. The barge of the dead exterior is under "interior."

11. I don't know what is causing it, but I've been losing the ability to copy and paste, using cntl c and cntl v. It's been acting very strange.

12. Many times if you don't manually click the X on the screen in advanced dialogues that show OOC, MissionInfo options, it will be permanently frozen on the screen, with no way to get rid of it, except for restarting the editor.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2012, 01:58 PM
There's a workaround for the advanced dialogue window bug. You have to go back to the original dialogue that it was stuck on, then you can get rid of it like normal. Still its irritating and needs fixing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Costune Bug - Some default costumes are randomly forgotten when you edit and republish a mission
Lt. Commander
# 6 Help
06-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Ive completed my mission for Foundry Challenge #3 : Holodeck Hypocrisy however when i tested my mission (temporally published) A glitch krept in...

Whenever it is suppose to go to the next map it instead shows dialogue in the story that shouldn't occur until alot later when I have to return to the map (you board the station then leave)!?
Those anyone know of any glitch that could cause this because I have put soo much time and effort into this mission and a day before publish this happens!
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1
Ive completed my mission for Foundry Challenge #3 : Holodeck Hypocrisy however when i tested my mission (temporally published) A glitch krept in...

Whenever it is suppose to go to the next map it instead shows dialogue in the story that shouldn't occur until alot later when I have to return to the map (you board the station then leave)!?
Those anyone know of any glitch that could cause this because I have put soo much time and effort into this mission and a day before publish this happens!
Are you using the same map twice without duplicating it? This is probably better posted in a thread of your own asking for help.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Part of the problem may be ricky that you can't go back to a map a second time, if you try, the objectives and dialogue will get screwed up. As it stands, maps are 1 use only. If you want the player to go back to that map what you have to do is use the "duplicate map" button, which will create a new map with all the geometry and npcs of the old.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Part of the problem may be ricky that you can't go back to a map a second time, if you try, the objectives and dialogue will get screwed up. As it stands, maps are 1 use only. If you want the player to go back to that map what you have to do is use the "duplicate map" button, which will create a new map with all the geometry and npcs of the old.
OMG THANK YOU GUYS!
This close to the release date I was crying with frustration lol
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
06-21-2012, 05:21 AM
I don't suppose we can get an update to the original post, based on fixes (if there really are any, the only one might be the purchasing slots issue if that is truly fixed) and if we could get a Dev side response that could at least update us as to where in the pipeline any of these fixes might exist, if they exist at all.

At bare minimum I am hoping for acknowledgement that these issues are even within the awareness of someone on the development side.

Last edited by castsbugc; 06-21-2012 at 05:24 AM.