Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Empire Veteran
Since it's October, I thought it would be fitting if I asked what rather dark and twisted thoughts you get while doing things in the game.

For me, I get a sick satisfaction out of destroying Boarding Party shuttles anytime I see em, because that means I'm purposefully killing 10 people each time it happens.

Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-03-2012, 03:56 AM
Staring at my Caitian and Orion BOFFs to see what they'd look like as a hybrid.
Blue cat lady.
Career Officer
# 3
10-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Since it's October, I thought it would be fitting if I asked what rather dark and twisted thoughts you get while doing things in the game.

For me, I get a sick satisfaction out of destroying Boarding Party shuttles anytime I see em, because that means I'm purposefully killing 10 people each time it happens.
Get help

/10Char

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 4
10-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Most of them deal with the fact that the slave trade (re: DOffs and BOffs) is the grizzly underbelly of the Federation's economy. And that the lowest classes in that society (white DOffs) are actively used en masse as building materials.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-03-2012, 06:17 AM
only dark twisted thoughts i get on the subject, "why am i playing a glorified mass murderer?" lots of simulated computer violence and starfleet do not engage in wars like this or cause wars, rather show a diplomatic solution. and the klingons, well thats fine as long as there is enough honor of course .
Captain
# 6
10-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varool View Post
only dark twisted thoughts i get on the subject, "why am i playing a glorified mass murderer?" lots of simulated computer violence and starfleet do not engage in wars like this or cause wars, rather show a diplomatic solution. and the klingons, well thats fine as long as there is enough honor of course .
This!
Some dev realy didn't get what Trek is all about...it's rather sad, that the owners of the IP allow game developers to create games like this.

On other occasions: i won't go into details, but it is something cruel and bizarre that should be done to the guy who made all the ugly ship models.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Career Officer
# 7
10-03-2012, 07:37 AM
I have said it before and say it again. This game plays more like Terran Empire online than Federation online.

When you dress your chars as terrans and use terran ships and act like a terran this game just falls into place
The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

Lieutenant
# 8
10-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Well, my first thought for this isn't really dark but whenever i have a DOFF die on a mission, i wish i could go through a funeral event on the ship. I feel like i'm not properly burying them.

Also, i would like to add on to the OP, by saying that torpedo spread on boarding ships is very satisfactory.
Captain
# 9
10-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Wondering why there's no blood what-so-ever in this game, why my bat'leth can't amputate appendages and why there's no 12 gauge pump shotgun available in the weapon merchants inventory.

Too violent ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Get help

/10Char
Tried to once, got kicked out because they don't take 'hopeless cases'.