Lt. Commander
# 1 Lowbies in Fleet events
10-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Hey Cryptic, I have no problems with low level players wanting to do these, what I have a problem with is going into a Fleet Alert and me an just another VA player getting teamed up with 3 low level people in Lowbie ships. Either these morons are trolling or this needs to get fixed, don't put us in the same team as lowbies please. I'm sick of having to carry these people in instances, and if I bail I get a damn timer on me. /endrant
Commander
# 2
10-02-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't understand how letting lower-level players in on Level 50 play helps anything.

If nothing else, the lack of weapons, console slots, and higher-level consoles/weapons weakens the team's speed, damage, and overall defense/ability to keep most/all of the 5/15 ships in the fight.

Is there not a way to put 10-level groups in place? Like make available a queue of "Fleet Alert, Levels 10-19", "Fleet Alert, Levels 20-29", etc.? They wouldn't even have to be marked as such in the actual queue; the server can slot people into the appropriate queues.
Captain
# 3
10-02-2012, 11:42 AM
post deleted

This is just too funny to comment on.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-02-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
I don't understand how letting lower-level players in on Level 50 play helps anything.

If nothing else, the lack of weapons, console slots, and higher-level consoles/weapons weakens the team's speed, damage, and overall defense/ability to keep most/all of the 5/15 ships in the fight.

Is there not a way to put 10-level groups in place? Like make available a queue of "Fleet Alert, Levels 10-19", "Fleet Alert, Levels 20-29", etc.? They wouldn't even have to be marked as such in the actual queue; the server can slot people into the appropriate queues.
Beats me but it's a pain in the butt dealing with these people. I usually do instances with friends premades but sometimes I just wanna get on and do these for kicks. Kinda just bums me out when I see these tier 2 ships and junkers. Kills my reason to bother playing till my friends are on.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveldra View Post
Hey Cryptic, I have no problems with low level players wanting to do these, what I have a problem with is going into a Fleet Alert and me an just another VA player getting teamed up with 3 low level people in Lowbie ships. Either these morons are trolling or this needs to get fixed, don't put us in the same team as lowbies please. I'm sick of having to carry these people in instances, and if I bail I get a damn timer on me. /endrant
Ah its the same old rule for stf's don't play pugs and you won't have the problem.

While you can pug fleet events they are really ment for fleets.
Lieutenant
# 6
10-03-2012, 06:36 AM
yet in fleet battles like starbase 24 or mirror universe there are level limitations, anyone in the same 10 level bracket are in a group. there are no players higher or lower, i cant imagine it being that hard to correct fleet mark battles with that kind of limitation
Career Officer
# 7
10-03-2012, 11:19 AM
^^

This is what has me wondering. This capability already exists, we just need it applied to the new events.

While, yes, ideally you do these with your Fleet, a lot of time you wind up pugging. Our fleet is working on T4 assets at this point, and projects are taking A LOT of Fleet Marks. We need people grinding those as much as possible, whenever they have time, whether they can scrape together an all Fleet team or not. When I have to fight through an Alert with somebody in a Connie, knowing we have no hope of finishing within the time limit, and trying to maximize the 2-hour FM bonus events, that is just intensely frustrating.
Captain
# 8
10-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Don't PuG Fleetmark events, and you won't have to suffer those lesser creatures crippling your ability to get a perfect score.

Of course, if you can't find 4 other VA's who like you enough to do Premades/private matches, that's YOUR problem, not the Que's, the Que actually works perfectly-that variability is part of the DESIGN.
Career Officer
# 9
10-03-2012, 12:40 PM
The obvious solution would be to, instead of having the missions at level 50, reduce them to level 10, and then downgrade VA's to lvl 10...

It would work, and Low leves wouldn be as "useless" in thoose missions, while having VA's is still a big bonus.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
10-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Just auto block anyone over commander from Fleet alert and set it at commander levels

Anyone past captain on the others

and Admirals only get STFS

Because im sick of carrying VA's who do Nothing useful