Lieutenant
# 1 Remodel Club 47
10-04-2012, 04:40 PM
How much of a chore would it be to:

1. Put Club 47 down on its own level of ESD?

2. Make it much, much larger, like Club Caprice in Champions Online?

3. Take the current Club 47 and make it into, I don't know, something that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb? A quiet crew lounge or something? Maybe have the elevator down to Club 47 be there?

Just something I noticed, little quality of life issue. As you're going around the ring of ESD, you have three sections that are all business, then suddenly... Bang. There's Club 47. It's just hanging out there like a vestigial... thing. It's too small to be a real social gathering point, you can't really get a good roleplay going in there, it feels just too small and cramped to sell itself as an actual 'club'. Not of the type it's trying to be, with the flashy dance floor and the techno music. It's just big enough to be, like, a coffee shop or something.
Career Officer
# 2
10-04-2012, 06:14 PM
It's already been remodelled (actually it used to be more of a crew lounge as you mentioned and looked very dull as a result). People simply don't use it all that often, another remodelling won't change that.
Joined August 2008
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-04-2012, 06:25 PM
isnt much point , considering in a few months there will a dance floor on your starbase
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Career Officer
# 4
10-04-2012, 06:33 PM
My understanding is that it's modeled after the disco bar McCoy was in in STIII.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
10-04-2012, 06:39 PM
It's not my favorite, and I agree with your points, but there are more important things to address before C47 imo.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 6
10-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
It's not my favorite, and I agree with your points, but there are more important things to address before C47 imo.
Ship interiors!

Dead serious. I get the aesthetic they were going for at launch. I totally recognize they were designed in many cases by talented ILM artists.

But your work looks more "Trek" to me with walls and lighting that contrast, gentle slopes and angles, curved walls, and, above all, carpet.

I recognize that a lot of skilled people worked on this game, Taco, and I think they did a fantastic job with Klingon architecture and pretty good outdoor terrain but there isn't a Fed installation in the game I wouldn't like more if you did it.

Fed architecture has a look. It isn't boxy or spartan. It kinda is on the Defiant, I guess, but even those interiors have their graceful notes.

If C47 ever got re-done, though, I'd probably just want it MORE like the STIII Disco bar and even then I'd rather see Vic's added or Sisko's than see C47 revamped.

And Vic's would be cooler since Klingons could go there. (Without griefing.)
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
*snip*
many things i ceratainly agree with.

Quote:
and as long as the unsocial iems (fire suppressors, party paoopers, BTD, etc) are disabled it would be a nice place to RP.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
# 8
10-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Ship interiors!

Dead serious. I get the aesthetic they were going for at launch. I totally recognize they were designed in many cases by talented ILM artists.

But your work looks more "Trek" to me with walls and lighting that contrast, gentle slopes and angles, curved walls, and, above all, carpet.

I recognize that a lot of skilled people worked on this game, Taco, and I think they did a fantastic job with Klingon architecture and pretty good outdoor terrain but there isn't a Fed installation in the game I wouldn't like more if you did it.

Fed architecture has a look. It isn't boxy or spartan. It kinda is on the Defiant, I guess, but even those interiors have their graceful notes.

If C47 ever got re-done, though, I'd probably just want it MORE like the STIII Disco bar and even then I'd rather see Vic's added or Sisko's than see C47 revamped.

Agreed. Hathon is very pretty.

A full Galaxy interior would give me an excuse to finally get a job! Get on it Taco!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 9
10-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I have too much to do for S7 already!
Rock throwin ain't easy.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I have too much to do for S7 already!
Rock throwin ain't easy.
wonk wonk woooooonk

Edit: i'm not gonna speculate on the "rock throwing" cooment, or how it provoked a Tholian being launched by catapult minigame thought.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...

Last edited by darkstarkirian; 10-04-2012 at 07:24 PM.