Rihannsu
# 1 I learned something today.
10-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Apparently you can create missions of any faction as any faction. I still don't have KDF foundry char(on holodeck foundry, Emani{my avatar} only exists on Tribble Foundry), but I was able to make a stub of a mission anyways. http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/#/d5go6lv

But... you can never test play the mission at all. You can write it, but you can't test it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 2
10-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah, you can make the mission independent of your Foundry character, unfortunately all of the "allies" will be hostile to you based on your faction. Theoretically it wouldn't matter if you didn't have any friendlies besides NPC Contacts and then used enemies that are hostile to both Fed and Klingon.

Although, I suppose you could also make the mission with all of the enemies/allies reversed (ie use a fed team instead of a klingon team) and then swap them around at the end. It won't be exactly how it will be when you play through, but it might be enough to roughly balance it and make sure that it more or less works.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Rihannsu
# 3
10-03-2012, 07:30 AM
well.... it wouldn't even let me do map previews. It would give me this message that said I was the wrong faction.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
10-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Just had a flashback to early South Park where every episode ended with "You know, I learned something today..."

Anyway yeah, if you're on a fed Foundry toon, you can build a KDF mission, but not test, and the same if you're on a KDF toon building a Fed mission. Been like that forever, but I suppose if you never tried it before, you'd never know, lol. Not like its really stated anywhere...
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lieutenant
# 5
10-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Wouldn't take you very many custom missions to equal current KDF content. I'm sorry i just wanted to say that.
Rihannsu
# 6
10-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Hmm... I might make a replica of my Seh'lat Barbecue mission on Tribble.

It's simple enough that I could place most of the stuff without playtesting.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
10-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by connortreeves67 View Post
Wouldn't take you very many custom missions to equal current KDF content. I'm sorry i just wanted to say that.
Oh we've already surpassed it in terms of volume. I and others have suggested to Cryptic that they take the best of our KDF missions and turn them into official content (still giving us credit, obviously) that people could use to level. Dstahl said its a possibility. Not holding my breath though.

Mark you can always publish a test version then withdraw again to make changes. A lot of us do that anyway. And if you don't have a KDF toon at all I can test it for you, just let me know
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Rihannsu
# 8
10-03-2012, 09:05 AM
I have a KDF VA. But yeah, I might take you up on that anyways.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
10-03-2012, 09:41 AM
No worries, I see you post a lot recently but I wasn't sure how new or not new a player/founder you were. But yeah I'd still be happy to playtest for you, or anyone else for that matter, just send me forum PM or in-game mail to @drogyn1701.
Career Officer
# 10
10-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
well.... it wouldn't even let me do map previews. It would give me this message that said I was the wrong faction.
Set the mission to be Fed, then create then whole thing and then at the end switch it to KDF.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.