Career Officer
# 61
10-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
What about Leech?
Leech is fine, I just had this confirmed by a very reliable source . It's also resisted by power insulators. If you're speced right, you shouldn't see more than 5 less power, which can be easily dealt with. It also doesn't stack as it used to, meaning if you are fired at by more leech equipped ships, you only get 1 leech debuff and not more. As far as I know, this has been in place months ago, but some ppl are just using this argument for no reason. As I'm sure they'll continue complaining about other addressed issues.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Captain
# 62
10-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
what about maco? leach has drain has a cap now doesn't it? but it can boost you more when buffed i believe.
If by cap, you mean draining almost -50, then I guess so. The drain is just as bad as the siphon drones, only it's a passive buff to energy weapons.

My fleet mate had max points into flow capacitors and some flow capacitor consoles, and I was routinely getting shutdown, despite my engines being at 52/30, aux at 38/25, and shields 74/55. And this was after I hit Red Matter Capacitor. I recall my engine power being at about 4.

This was last week.

If there's a cap, it's a pretty high up there.

Last edited by shookyang; 10-03-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 63
10-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
If by cap, you mean draining almost -50, then I guess so. The drain is just as bad as the siphon drones, only it's a passive buff to energy weapons.

My fleet mate had max points into flow capacitors and some flow capacitor consoles, and I was routinely getting shutdown, despite my engines being at 52/30, aux at 38/25, and shields 74/55. And this was after I hit Red Matter Capacitor. I recall my engine power being at about 4.

This was last week.

Was your fleet mate using lolarons? Bc it sounds like it. How many points in insulators do you have?
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
Empire Veteran
# 64
10-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:

This was last week.

all that was not all from leach, even if everyone shooting you has it. insulators are your friend too
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 65
10-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
Was your fleet mate using lolarons? Bc it sounds like it. How many points in insulators do you have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
all that was not all from leach, even if everyone shooting you has it. insulators are your friend too
Yes. But, out of my 5 deaths in this one on one, it was happening every time he shot at me. So, either the proc is happening way too often or it was the leech. It also lasted more than 5 seconds.

Next time he's on, I will have him confirm it again.

As for power insulators, none.

Well, except for the 2-set MACO bonus.

Last edited by shookyang; 10-03-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Career Officer
# 66
10-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Yes. But, out of my 5 deaths in this one on one, it was happening every time he shot at me. So, either the proc is happening way too often or it was the leech. It also lasted more than 5 seconds.

Next time he's on, I will have him confirm it again.

As for power insulators, none.

Well, except for the 2-set MACO bonus.
What I would do: add at least 6 in insulators. Then ask your friend to remove the leech and have a fight without leech. Then have him add it back, and have a fight with leech. You'll see leech its not such a big deal as you think right now. Lolarons are quite capable to drain the life out of you, especially if you have no insulators. With 6 in insulators though, you should be fine.

Edit: when kirking in stfs, many times I completely shut down the npcs, due to the fact they run 50 all power levels. And this only using lolarons. So yea, as dontdrunk said, insulators are your friend.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.

Last edited by trueprom3theus; 10-03-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Captain
# 67
10-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
What I would do: add at least 6 in insulators. Then ask your friend to remove the leech and have a fight without leech. Then have him add it back, and have a fight with leech. You'll see leech its not such a big deal as you think right now. Lolarons are quite capable to drain the life out of you, especially if you have no insulators. With 6 in insulators though, you should be fine.

Edit: when kirking in stfs, many times I completely shut down the npcs, due to the fact they run 50 all power levels. And this only using lolarons. So yea, as dontdrunk said, insulators are your friend.
I'll have him fire at me with a different energy type, and then again with polaron.

I've fought many ships using polaron, and none of them have devastated my subsystems to the point where I couldn't even turn because I was going so slow.
Career Officer
# 68
10-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
I'll have him fire at me with a different energy type, and then again with polaron.

I've fought many ships using polaron, and none of them have devastated my subsystems to the point where I couldn't even turn because I was going so slow.
Remember polarons are boosted by flow capacitors too. So as many points in flows somebody has, as bigger the drain gets.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
Rihannsu
# 69
10-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Oh, and whom ever believes that Carrier Pets Suck.. Obviously does not understand how to use Bird of Prey Pets.

I enjoy Leaving them on Follow, aiming at a target and then telling them to attack that target for a True Blue Decloaking Alpha Strike. I've gotten quite a few players with that maneuver. I think of it as paying homage to Razor Fleet.. "Form on Wing... Target is X... Go now!"

Also remember, Fed Carrier pets are more Control and Defensive Based. Where as the KDF pets are more Damage and Offensive based. Remember that, Ghosty/Mav
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Commander
# 70
10-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I find the notion that carrier pets in general are in anyway a trade off to be a bit silly. It may appear so on paper but pets add so much more than damage with their clutter and all of the additional debuffs.

I'm happy to see some thought on this issue. I hope that it is indeed a work in progress.