Commander
# 21
10-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Red with electric pink, purple, and white highlights. It's like rainbow electricity with a hint of antiproton beam.
^ They are powered by the Byfrost, OP.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Lieutenant
# 22
10-11-2012, 01:39 PM
The Temporal Disruption Device is counted as a tricobalt instead of a chroniton torpedo. Despite all that writing of chroniton in the description. you can test it by putting tact console that boost there damage.
Career Officer
# 23
10-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfloresii View Post
The Temporal Disruption Device is counted as a tricobalt instead of a chroniton torpedo. Despite all that writing of chroniton in the description. you can test it by putting tact console that boost there damage.
Sadly this is true, with all of the mis-fire bugs that still plague the tric. Also, there is a chance that the Temporal Device will create a tricobalt/Gravwell-thingy too; one happened to me yesterday.

I get why they don't make it Chroniton, but really the boost from the 2 pc set only adds like another 800k damage to a torp of that amount, sooooo...
Lieutenant
# 24
10-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Sadly this is true, with all of the mis-fire bugs that still plague the tric. Also, there is a chance that the Temporal Device will create a tricobalt/Gravwell-thingy too; one happened to me yesterday.

I get why they don't make it Chroniton, but really the boost from the 2 pc set only adds like another 800k damage to a torp of that amount, sooooo...
It really needs to be changed / fixed to be buffed by Chroniton

Last edited by liquidraven26; 10-11-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Career Officer
# 25
10-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Since these weapons have the infinity symbol, does anyone know what Mark level they operate at VA? Mk X, XI, XII?

Also, why are they rare quality, IMO they should be very rare quality.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Lieutenant
# 26
10-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know what the Temporal Device looks like? Like a Chroniton or a Tricobalt or something else? Thanks.
Career Officer
# 27
10-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
Since these weapons have the infinity symbol, does anyone know what Mark level they operate at VA? Mk X, XI, XII?

Also, why are they rare quality, IMO they should be very rare quality.
The space weapons are Mk XII.

For some reason, the ground weapons qualify as Mk X. The rifle counts as split beam and the pistol is a stun pistol.

The quality level is determined by the number of modifiers on them. Special items don't display mods but have them baked in.

The Chronitons have a CritDx2 mod (and a chroniton proc replacing the anti-proton proc; the antti-proton energy type is just there to support beam boat console loadouts) and the torpedo has a CritDx2 mod.

Green weapons have 1 mod, blue have 2, purple have 3, "ultraviolet" have 4 and orange have 5. Additional procs count as a mod, which is why hybrid weapons are short one mod.

The exceptions are the Spiral Wave Disruptors (a 5 mod weapon that is purple) and Quad Cannons (a 4 mod weapon with higher base damage that is purple).

Generally, special ability consoles are always blue unless they dramatically alter the ship's role.
Career Officer
# 28
10-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepopeofbeers View Post
Does anyone know what the Temporal Device looks like? Like a Chroniton or a Tricobalt or something else? Thanks.
It's a chroniton with a bit of extra color. Fires slow.

If a regular torpedo is a baseball, this is the TDD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3I1hlNEdC4

Except the TDD is SLOWER.

Either fire at less than 2k distance or fire before the target's shields are down and hope they don't notice the torpedo as you're stripping their shields away in preparation for the impact. Fired blindly, most targets won't live long enough for the TDD to even connect.
Republic Veteran
# 29
10-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Since this thread is on the topic of the Lobi weapons, I was curious...does the torpedo work with torpedo boff abilities?
Career Officer
# 30
10-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Talking about the Temporal Disruptor, it works with both High Yield and Spread, just like any Trico. I really like them, and the fact that I could get them as of lvl 1 is awesome. I had them as of lvl 8 along with most of the other special consoles and they are a friggen blast to lvl with. My favorite thing to do was hit HYT, Target Subsystem Shields, Subspace Jump and release the Temporal Disruptor.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?