Ensign
# 11
10-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Nub !!! I have spent nouthing on this game. All my gear has come fom grinding out Dilithium and E/C untill I have enough to get what I feel is good gear for "MY" ship. Who are you to dictate what PvP'ers are and Are not allowed to use. If you don't like what people are using do the hard graft and get some consoles. But this is what we are getting at. You are crying about peoples builds. People that have been playing since BETA !!!! Why should they bow to what you want and say. I think it is totally out or order to socially criticise someones hard work at something they enjoy doing.
Empire Veteran
# 12
10-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
OK then what is the point of the thread again then ?
Nice troll thread... very under the radar there. lol

Point? hmmm... everybody Wang Chung tonight?

In all sincerity:

Use whatever you want; Keep the crying out of the game; use the forum and support tickets to complain.

Otherwise, I'll always laugh and drink your tears. Call it a fair warning.
Career Officer
# 13
10-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I for one welcome our new Unfounded overlords.
Empire Veteran
# 14
10-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I for one welcome our new Unfounded overlords.
**Raises Glass**
I remember, before we escaped, when Reg and I were together at the menta...
**Slips off soapbox falling flat on his face... but saving his glass**

Ahmahlriyht.
Career Officer
# 15
10-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
bah, ranting on unviersal consoles is so pre-f2p :p

Get with the time man! Universal consoles no longer gives an unfair advantage to anyone, as they are available to everyone (well, not everyone of both factions, but basically everyone). Broken/borked abilities/consoles are another matter alltogether, but I think AMS and siphon drones are the only ones that qualifies atm.

To hear people rant over P2W is like hearing pensioneers ranting about how much better the world was before phones/internet/cars/inddor plumbing etc.

Last edited by bluegeek; 10-05-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Commander
# 16
10-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthemaster View Post
Nub !!! I have spent nouthing on this game. All my gear has come fom grinding out Dilithium and E/C untill I have enough to get what I feel is good gear for "MY" ship. Who are you to dictate what PvP'ers are and Are not allowed to use. If you don't like what people are using do the hard graft and get some consoles. But this is what we are getting at. You are crying about peoples builds. People that have been playing since BETA !!!! Why should they bow to what you want and say. I think it is totally out or order to socially criticise someones hard work at something they enjoy doing.
It's amazing you haven't spent a dime on this game having been here since beta. How did you manage to hold a subscription?

I hear this phrase "been around since beta" being thrown around a lot lately. I came in almost a year after beta, but I'm finding a lot of ppl using this phrase are mediocre players at best (not sure who you are, so this isn't referring to you). I only got to be an above average player because I was open minded to those that are better players than me, and learned as much as I could about how the mechanics of the game works. Being around since beta has nothing to do with skill level. I came from a fleet where most of there players have "been around since beta."

There are a few fleets left holding out on using p2w consoles because they still truly feel they hurt pvp more than they help. You ought to be glad about this. If a fleet like the pandas decided to say "screw it" and start running premades and organized theta, anchors, and AMS runs, you would certainly see a lot more tears. Ive really only seen 2-3 premades using p2w consoles in an organized fashion. It's devastating when used as a team. We still beat those teams, but it was much more difficult. A team loaded with consoles vs a team of equal skill with no consoles will almost always come out on top.
Commander
# 17
10-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feargan View Post
People have been proposing Gentleman's Accords and Peace Summits and Weapons bans and silk panties in which to PvP. While I have nothing against any of those things, I have a proposition of my own for all of the STO PvP community:

NO MORE TEARS

UNFOUND has been preparing for PvP since its inception; getting stomped, rolled, and mercilessly devastated, over and over and over again. Not once have we cried foul (Except at AFKers; Everyone hates them). Now that many of us can hold our own in PvP, the lessons we've learned have made us prepare for many contingencies, such as the need for hold resists. We still get roflstomped from time to time; we roll and get rolled; we have epic battles. We don't gorram cry about any result or tactic. We understood that One Does Not Simply Enter STO PvP. Now, I love tears as much as the next troll, but this river of sadness is pathetic. We have taken and are taking the time and effort to be competitive in PvP and most of what we hear is whining, crying, and how bad the sand itches. Stop crying and have the guramba to accept defeat graciously.

Out of respect, we avoid anything TRULY bugged until repaired (Such as things that cause weapons to stop firing until a re-log). If it can't be countered, it's bugged; otherwise, use whatever is available. Go cry to your mother about how unfair it is that you were beaten mercilessly with your own limbs. I, for one, would hate to see the queues become one big "Care Bear Stare" contest. If you lose, grit your teeth and say nothing or just type "gg", then go get better. Want a specific game type that doesn't use certain equipment? Make a private game using OrganizedPvP Channel or whatever to fill it. If you think something really needs to change, make a forum post to discuss the issue with civility or submit a ticket.

Never grant your enemy the satisfaction of your tears. -Feargan
Challenge. PM or mail @PaxOttomana for date/time/accept. You may make the rules.

Thank you for this post, and your strong willed attitude.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes.
Commander
# 18
10-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Just out of curiosity, besides critz and pandas, how many fleets are left that don't run consoles?
Career Officer
# 19
10-03-2012, 08:00 AM
I cant remember fighting this unfound guys.. :/
Commander
# 20
10-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
Just out of curiosity, besides critz and pandas, how many fleets are left that don't run consoles?
TRH and Mateo said upon agreement they won't.