Commander
# 21
10-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
I cant remember fighting this unfound guys.. :/
Their fleet name depicts that reality. lol.
Commander
# 22
10-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
TRH and Mateo said upon agreement they won't.
Wasn't aware you had joined the no console club. Good to hear. Anyone else out there?
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-03-2012, 08:35 AM
I've gotta say, i pulled all the P2W crap off of most of my ships & they are better off for it. More dps, better survive-ability, less QQ'n at me. I keep the theta on my EWP cruiser for the improved CC,( & the lawls) but thats about the only thing i run anymore. I'll throw on isometric to kill dan00bs when faced with them. Generally speaking, the consoles are crap.
Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
Commander
# 24
10-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I've only got Torpedo PDS and Metreon Gas.

Feels more like P2L consoles than P2W. :/

I got rid of my GPG console, tho, when I rerolled my first Sci toon and never got it back, for what it's worth.
Lieutenant
# 25
10-03-2012, 09:14 AM
You know, I gotta say that overloading on P2W has never really helped me. Typically, I'll include one or two, but usually only if that particular console makes sense for my build.

For example, on my science ship I do include Graviton, because that ship uses tractor beam repulsors and one of my tactics is to repulsor the healer some 20km away and then graviton to keep him there while the rest of my team beats on his team-mates.

I DON'T include theta mainly because it serves the same purpose as graviton, or at the very most I might REPLACE graviton with theta, but why on earth would I put AMS on that ship? It doesn't mesh with the build, it causes my viral matrix to enter cooldown, and it just plain doesn't make sense.

Now I understand some people can't afford every console, but usually you can afford one or two. To be honest, I don't see the problem with them as effectiveness is usually determined more by your piloting skill and knowledge of when to use abilities than how many P2W consoles you've got on you.
Commander
# 26
10-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
Wasn't aware you had joined the no console club. Good to hear. Anyone else out there?
Are we talking about jump console? We tried addressing the Scramble Sensors thing by testing it. Nobody got back to us, but despite this we took the fundamental step in honoring the proposed agreement found on the Subnuk proliferation treaty post. Page 7-13 is the content you might want to look into.

But we haven't run consoles, and if you've seen them, please fraps, @handle, mail to me please and thank you. Which is exactly what Horizon is doing on that same thread on a claim made by Regulus about Critz running P2W.

Well the Pandas haven't officially committed to it. Instead Naz has questioned the delivery of these terms in the form they don't appear to be as an accord. But I'm confident they'll bend in favor of having something totally official and thereafter we can write something up all together and set an example for the entire community and Devs to appreciate.
Captain
# 27
10-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ertihan View Post
You know, I gotta say that overloading on P2W has never really helped me. Typically, I'll include one or two, but usually only if that particular console makes sense for my build.

For example, on my science ship I do include Graviton, because that ship uses tractor beam repulsors and one of my tactics is to repulsor the healer some 20km away and then graviton to keep him there while the rest of my team beats on his team-mates.

I DON'T include theta mainly because it serves the same purpose as graviton, or at the very most I might REPLACE graviton with theta, but why on earth would I put AMS on that ship? It doesn't mesh with the build, it causes my viral matrix to enter cooldown, and it just plain doesn't make sense.

Now I understand some people can't afford every console, but usually you can afford one or two. To be honest, I don't see the problem with them as effectiveness is usually determined more by your piloting skill and knowledge of when to use abilities than how many P2W consoles you've got on you.
qft, 1 or 2 consoles that enhance your build can be pretty powerful. too many and you lose your punch.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Lieutenant
# 28
10-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Precisely! I mean, my fleet and I have fought teams that brought every P2W console in the game. We had Graviton, Theta, AMS, jump, Recluses, everything. And guess what? We beat them. On our side we had only one Recluse (who was a healer so that only sort've counts) and everyone else was in something normal (except for our Bugship, but he's special that way).

And at one point we had a build that involved every P2W that man could devise. Yes it worked, but I had the feeling it would've worked better without half the stuff we brought. Plus Critz beat us into the ground regardless.

The key to a good build is focus. Your build must have a purpose, a reason. Are you bringing Theta "just because"? Then you're doing it wrong and will probably get stomped.

On the other hand if you have a specific goal in mind ("sci ship, bring theta and repulsors, and push their healer 20km out and wrap him in theta so he can't get back in time") then you'll probably win.
Captain
# 29
10-03-2012, 10:30 AM
The only P2W thing I use is Impulse Capacitator, and that's only recently. For a long while I was just using Evasive Maneuvers with evasive Conn doffs for cooldown.

Only reason I'm using Impulse Capacitator at all is because I PvP in a hit-and-run BoP that isn't designed to slug it out with enemies. I also generally keep the Impulse Capacitator for 'oshi-' moments when I'm out of tractor breakers and I'm tractored, or when I really need to make a break for it. Otherwise I usually stick with Evasive Maneuvers, Pattern Omega, or both at once.

Everything else is skill. Well-timed decloak+alphastrikes, quick bit of fighting to try finishing you off if initial attack failed to kill, and then breaking off. Smart players know how to counter my tactics and make things harder for me.
Commander
# 30
10-03-2012, 05:04 PM
There is something to be said for gritting ones teeth and suffering through. I'd rather do my part to make sure they know what is wrong and push them to fix it.

That seems more fun to me.