Career Officer
I love my dreadnought, it my be getting left behind in the current power creep of new ships but it's still the one I play the most.
I know I could max my dips, tanking etc on other ships but I play for fun and that little bit extra oomph just doesn't of set the joy I get from flying my dread, now on to the topic.

I don't like the idea of saucer sep for the dread or the idea of a shot gun lance, what I feel would be better is a redesigned saucer, trimmed on the sides a bit more angular, same for the hull.
The reasoning for this is Starfleet has a limited number of these powerful ships but they are getting outdated against new designs. How best to make the best out of what they got, instead of a complete resign of the main weapon why not make it more useful. Adding amour and decreasing its mass would make sense. On a warship why have such a large saucer designed for families etc, trim the edges to reduce weight and inertia, add extra RCS at the same time.

If I had any art skills I would draw an idea but I dont.

The up side of this, give the ship an improved turn rate and low inertia, as an extra bonus increase the Tac levels by one level each.

My Fleet dread, I can only hope......
Career Officer
# 2
10-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Ideally, that would be the fleet dread. A bbit more hull and shield, better tac slots, an increased turn rate, and an extra tac console. Leave the rest alone...
I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!
Lt. Commander
# 3 reply
10-03-2012, 08:40 AM
here is my idea for a fleet dreadnought give it a new design with tier 5 bridge officer layouts. bive it more hull and the ability to deploy ablative armor ion emergencies let her be able to field dhc and keep spimnal phaser but increase firing arc to 90 percent and lower turn rate a little she is meant to be a huge slow turning whale with lots of armor but superior firepower also increase her cannon firing arcs too or maybe replace the spinal lance with 2 dedicated quad cannons one front one aft with increased firing arcs.
Commander
# 4
10-03-2012, 08:41 AM
What you mean 5 brigde officers
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-03-2012, 09:19 AM

Tier:5
Type: Cruiser
Hull:45,000
Standard Shields: 6,000
Weapons: 4 fore and 4 aft weapons

Crew:1,200

Bridge Officers:
>>>>Tactical: Lieutenant Commander
>>>>Tactical: Lieutenant
>>>>Science: Lieutenant
>>>>Engineering: Commander
>>>>Universal Or Engineering: Ensign

Device Slots:4
Consoles:
>>>>Tactical: 3 or 4
>>>>Engineering: 4 or 5
>>>>Science: 2

Turn Rate:6.5
Impulse Modifier:0.15
Bonus Power:+10 weapons power and +5 shield power

Abilities:
>>>> Cloak
>>>> Phaser Spinal Lance

for me sound good
...now see my dedication plaque
USS PEACEMAKER
- NCC-511217-A
and Screenshot With Two Steps From Hell Music Mix
- Brazilian Fleet - lvl 20_Tier5 / Emb,DiliM,Spi lvl 9
Commander
# 6
10-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by litchy74 View Post
I love my dreadnought, it my be getting left behind in the current power creep of new ships but it's still the one I play the most.
I know I could max my dips, tanking etc on other ships but I play for fun and that little bit extra oomph just doesn't of set the joy I get from flying my dread, now on to the topic.

I don't like the idea of saucer sep for the dread or the idea of a shot gun lance, what I feel would be better is a redesigned saucer, trimmed on the sides a bit more angular, same for the hull.
The reasoning for this is Starfleet has a limited number of these powerful ships but they are getting outdated against new designs. How best to make the best out of what they got, instead of a complete resign of the main weapon why not make it more useful. Adding amour and decreasing its mass would make sense. On a warship why have such a large saucer designed for families etc, trim the edges to reduce weight and inertia, add extra RCS at the same time.

If I had any art skills I would draw an idea but I dont.

The up side of this, give the ship an improved turn rate and low inertia, as an extra bonus increase the Tac levels by one level each.

My Fleet dread, I can only hope......
I am Barrack Obama and I Approve this message xD