Lieutenant
Good.

This message is for the ***** who can not read, the ***** who do not realize that a mission is CASTILIAN and not in English, and the idiots who are also cowards for not being able to answer the messages for the game because put you on the ignore list.

Petrraul, you can go to take a sack, and Cryptic, you have to fix this, do not deserve that effort comes after an ******* and **** you day.

http://i.imgur.com/KeumO.jpg?1

See if you now you have to have to answer as a human I guess you are.

A greeting.

Last edited by nenfis; 10-07-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
10-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Unfortunately everyone has to deal with the wrath of reviewers who don't even read what they're about to play. Someone I know has a mission where you fight against Klingons. He has a 1 star review saying "I don't like to fight Klingons". Like really?????
Rihannsu
# 3
10-06-2012, 07:17 PM
My first published mission got 1 starred by a guy who sucked hard at ground combat. Unfortunately for him that mission had no space combat, and LOTS of ground. He never finished the first 'boss'...

Another of my missions has a comment to the effect of "I'm bored of fighting Devidians". But that wasn't a 1 star. I think it was a 3 or a 4.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 4
10-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I think my favorite one star reviews were from a couple people who were mad that Captain Fukami criticized them in Dereliction Duty. It was funny, because that was kind of the point of that part, but at the same time it usually doesn't cause people to entirely drop the mission.

But, yeah, reviews can be brutal. The best thing is to just not take them too seriously. However, I know that when you get low ratings on a newly published mission it can make it very difficult for it to get played, which does really suck.

I still think they need a revolving feature of a random mission. Not every mission is going to be spotlighted, but I think there should still be some promotion of them nonetheless.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 5
10-06-2012, 08:25 PM
When it comes to reviews, there are three possibilities:

- the reviewer praises the mission.
- the reviewer doesn't like it, but explains why and gives you some constructive advice.
- the reviewer doesn't like it, rage-quits and give it a 1-star rating with little to no explanation.

If it's one of the first two, take it seriously. If it's the third, either ignore it or laugh it off.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-07-2012, 12:12 AM
I'll also add my two cents worth in here and say that you will never please everyone. In many cases I've had reviews that said, "The final battle is too hard" immediately followed by "the final boss was too easy", the same applies for mission is too long or too short.

When one starts getting contradictory feedback consistantly, it's probably as good as it gonna get.

As for those 1-star horsesh!t reviews, I choose to ignore them as 9 times out of 10 they were given by a complete fool who either couldn't figure out or neglected to really play the mission in the first place.

Don't take it personally.
Lieutenant
# 7
10-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Good.

Thanks for the support.

The truth is I'm used to have things like this, but working in a language that is not English, but what bothered me most is that I can not answer because I have in the ignore list. I am the first one if I find something wrong with a mission and I have reported it to repair missions you throw well, but I think I can defend these "reviews" is what bothers me.
See if Cryptic decides to review this form of qualification that I think we do not like anyone and put something better to qualify missions.

Greetings and sorry for the language I have to use an automatic translator.
Career Officer
# 8
10-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Well fortunately the reviews of your missions don't affect your skills, level, dilithium (unless you get a tip), hopefully not the reputation system etc, all they do is lower the overall rating of your foundry mission. This type of idiotic review is common, my 8 year old son is a foundry programmer, one of his missions "What's mine is yours by Admiral David Can") has even been reviewed by Starbase UGC and it's quite clear from the other reviews that the author is 8 years old but still asholes leave these kind of comments.

The solution I believe is to have a team of semi-professional reviewers chosen by Cryptic in much the same way the forum mods are chosen. These people will then give a carefully constructed review that is useful for both the author and for other players looking for a honest review of a mission. Normal players can leave a tip if they like but have no access to leave a written review or a star. Until this happens you are always going to have to live with the vindictive sad morons that inhabit this planet, just take refuge in the thought that they are a small if troubling minority of the human race.