Lt. Commander
# 1 The Path to 2409: 2389
06-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Infighting continues among the leaders of the Romulan colony worlds. While basic needs are being met and Starfleet is delivering supplies and replicators to every world that will accept their help, the Romulans lack a stable government and the chain of command of the military is chaotic.

Throughout the course of 2389, five Romulans try to seize the emperor's throne, more than two dozen people declare themselves praetor, and at least a dozen more claim the role of supreme commander of the Romulan fleet. Most of these erstwhile leaders fall prey to quick assassinations. A fortunate few are simply ignored.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Great read, Epic!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2009, 12:04 PM
"The council faces its first controversy when it votes to send six ships as a token force to assist the Federation's recovery efforts in Romulan space. Popular opinion is against the decision, and polls show that most Cardassians feel that they should reserve their resources. The Federation Council's decision to cut funding for Cardassian reconstruction by 30 percent makes aid to the Romulans even less popular, and support for the council plummets."

I smell something....

Could it be a Card/Romulan alliance coming? It's an unfamiliar smell :p

I would like this though. I'm a huge fan of adding factions. I'd really prefer 5 way FvFvFvFvF, but I'll take as many as I can get
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Whoo, another year closer!

must re-read. Shut UP work!

Quote:

The Klingon Empire takes advantage of the confusion with lightning strikes into Romulan space. The empire takes control of the Tranome Sar and Nequencia systems in a matter of days, and is poised to strike deeper into Romulan territory. The Klingons temporarily halt their advance when Starfleet sends a fleet to protect the Romulan/Klingon border, but tensions remain high and there are reports of minor skirmishes between Federation and Klingon starships.

Garak's coalition wins a narrow victory, and in its first act reforms the Detapa Council as a representative body. The council faces its first controversy when it votes to send six ships as a token force to assist the Federation's recovery efforts in Romulan space. Popular opinion is against the decision, and polls show that most Cardassians feel that they should reserve their resources. The Federation Council's decision to cut funding for Cardassian reconstruction by 30 percent makes aid to the Romulans even less popular, and support for the council plummets.

... She announces that all of the academy's red matter was on board the Jellyfish when it disappeared, and that the Vulcan Science Academy has pledged to do no further red matter manipulation research without the full knowledge and cooperation of the Federation Science Council.

Cogley-Shaw says that while the expansion of the lawsuit may mean that it will remain tangled in the courts for years to come, its ultimate resolution may mean an end to the forced servitude of more than 600 EMH Mark I holograms. And, as Starfleet re-equips more of its starships with holoprojectors to expand the usefulness of photonic "tools" such as the Emergency Command and Emergency Medical Holograms, someday those lifeforms may be considered Starfleet officers with all of the rights and privileges of their rank.

My points of hmmm...

First of all, does anyone believe that ALL the Red Matter was aboard the Jellyfish? Just seems... let's say full of it.

With the Klingon raids into Romulan space, I have a question- when the Federation task force arrived to hold the border, would it be the tactical border or the cartological border, i.e., is the Federation fleet essentially enforcing the losses the Romulans sustained and granting them to the Klingons?

And while I agree with the Detapa's decision, (even if it is more of a gesture than a serious drain on their resources), the Feds SHOULD really think that, even while being stretched, they should support the culture that is divided but siding with them- lest they want that other side to take over.

Lastly, WTF is the idea with the expansion of the lawsuit. Okay, it'd cover B4/Data/whatever the thing is that was the kill but not really the writers came up with for Data, but... I see serious complications arrising from the "emancipation" of all holographic lifeforms. Heck, how long before Quark's Vulcan Slave's begin demanding fair pay? Or Dax's holo-opponents sue her for pain and suffering? ECH's refusing to return command to the ship's legitimate captain or replacement captain? etc... (Here's an idea, holo-engineers; STOP MAKING THEM LIKE PEOPLE. They're programs. Think about it <_< )
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2009, 12:12 PM
very informative, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Great read indeed, each timeline update keep getting better and better i think. More in depth and information appear every update.

keep up the excellent work Rekhan.

NOTE: Only 19 years to go, almost into the last decade of the 24th century!

Keep them coming.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2009, 12:20 PM
An excellent read as always!
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Nice info on several of the events leading up to 2409. Does this mean Garak will be leading Cardiassa in the game, or will he be removed from power and the hardliners take over?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-17-2009, 12:23 PM
AWSOME. It touched on quite a few things I was interested in. It was great hearing from Garek again, What trial were they talking about with the EMH, the thing about his book? or were they talking about sentiency? I also enjoyed seeing that the Klingons are going to takeover the Romulan Empire like they did in "All Good Things..." ahh, good stuff!
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelance View Post
Nice info on several of the events leading up to 2409. Does this mean Garak will be leading Cardiassa in the game, or will he be removed from power and the hardliners take over?
I'm sure in 20 years, he will have been replaced multiple times, lol.