Lt. Commander
# 21
12-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Bad microphone + file compression can do that... or perhaps just excessive compression.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
every MMO is gonna get negitive responses, there's just no pleaseing some people. these folks will go from new MMO to new MMO complaining all the while that it's not PERFECT at launch. these folks honestly just don't get MMOs. MMOs are an evolutionary thing, they're not going to be perfect right out of the box.

However STO looks fun and definatly fills a much needed niche in the MMO world, so I look forward to it
I get so annoyed at times at how some people are so stupid lol. I gave up a long time ago in uderstanding those who automatically hate a game that either A.) Hasn't come out yet or B.) That they've played for maybe a few days lol. :p

My response to those kind of people are A.) "Ok the game hasn't even come out yet, how the hell can you judge it on footage that was probably made when the game first started...?" or B.) "If you hate the game so much, shut the hell up, and leave this game so the people who actually enjoy it can play..." LOL

Tbh the tralier lacked a little, but who cares lol, if someone judges an entire game b/c of one non-perfect trailer then there's something wrong w/ them lol. I did find that huge battle epic, preety intense seeing all that phaser fire. Can't wait to get into a battle like that
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-10-2009, 12:50 PM
I like the video trailer (except the voice acting) and have already bought the CE x2. I do have to say it was not as edge of my chair exciting as the SW:TOR trailer. I hope this game is awesome A) Because I spent $173 on 2 copies of the CE and B) Because I wasted money on that C*@# game Champions online and hope Cryptic redeems itself. Champions was horrible garbage.

As a life long Star Trek Fan I am excited to play this game but, If SW:TOR is as good as KOTOR games were then my Monthly subscriber fee will go there. FINGERS CROSSED.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-10-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm really looking forward to playing STO Feb 2nd, 2010. However, trailers such as "Starbase 24", in my opinion, have way to much focus on action. Maybe I'm a hardliner, but thinking back to the Star Trek episodes the only large scale battle I remember was from DS9, the dominion wars. The best Star Fleet could pull together for the Return of Voyager (Endgame) was 18 ships to defend Earth! In Star Trek TNG, when they had to defend the Neutral Zone they could only come up with a handful of ships. Another episode, defending the Klingon home world, they had a rag tag team of ships, some not even fully completed, and that was only 15-18 ships.

All to say, I think these common place battles are becoming too "Epic." However, the comment made earlier is true, that STO does have to appeal to Non-trek fans, who want the action. So, the famous catch-22.

I for one, however, will be quit content warping straight out of the Alpha Quadrant starting Day 1, in order to "seek out new worlds and civilizations." To boldly go where no man has gone before," but even more important, to get back to some sort of sanity that vaguely seems familiar to the Star Trek Series I grew up on. in which diplomacy reigned, battles were a last resort, and epic battles were not common day occurrences, which previously, would have exhausted star fleet of all their ships in one day.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I found the trailer OK, but what more can one ask for from a game not out of Beta?

I cant wait to just go exploring and see what is to be found, that is what will make this game appealing to myself. The nay Sayers will be here, and be gone in a couple months, then hopefully STO can fill the nitch so many fans have been waiting for
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentTyler View Post
I found the trailer OK, but what more can one ask for from a game not out of Beta?

I cant wait to just go exploring and see what is to be found, that is what will make this game appealing to myself. The nay Sayers will be here, and be gone in a couple months, then hopefully STO can fill the nitch so many fans have been waiting for
I agree here - it's pretty early on and I actually kind of like the fact that I don't know every detail about every aspect of the game. Call it an explorer's mentality, to boldly go, etc. etc... but I plan fully on getting into the episodic content and exploring (50:50) from the get-go, and hopefully cooperating with members from my fleet in both areas of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-10-2009, 01:57 PM
It is being released on February 2nd.

Yes, very early in development.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerain View Post
It is being released on February 2nd.

Yes, very early in development.
no one said 'very early.' It's early with respect to the closed/open beta being short, meaning a lot of developmental tweaking will take place between now and then. Especially considering what little information has been released so far.
Lt. Commander
# 29 They fought ,well..
12-10-2009, 02:19 PM
These events show grim undead.. The cloaked Romulan Applauds the dedication shown and resources not invading his system.
-----------------
2 new Kidds i n the goat barn agree
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-10-2009, 02:22 PM
I think the Admiral is the guy in that screenshot from the 10 Reasons Trekkies Will Love thing a few days ago.
I don't know why people are hating the voice acting. Sure it's not Oscar worthy but it's decent enough for a trailer.