Lt. Commander
# 31
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi7 View Post
I hope the uniforms could conform to Trek threads more down the road. Oh well.
I think they've done a good job, if you look at some of the shots. Sure they've customized them a little, but I like them better than the First Contact uniforms.
Am I the only one who spent years believing they were purple?
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-10-2009, 03:35 PM
The STO Trailers must be the first of their kind, that actually convice people NOT to buy the product. Bad voice acting and newbie machinima really doesn't cut it. Is there no money for decent PR left?

Example how to tell a story with ingame graphics:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuwa8Io5FnM
Why not something like THAT with a character from the game?
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Not a bad video. I'll echo what others have said, the voice acting was pretty lame. The guys over at STOked deliver better sound quality than what we got here. Keep tweeking tho, I'm rooting for this game to succeed.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-10-2009, 04:26 PM
one thing we have to remember is, alot of people hate star trek simply because it's Star Trek.
No other reason....
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
It's not too bad, but 'alot' of the footage in it was just taken from the 'Fleet Actions' video. I prefer the video's where we are ingame things are explained, as well as footage with the UI
I tend to agree with you, though I deffinitely don't mind any look I can have at the game at this point. ;-)

Seeing large scale fleet battles, or even small scale for that matter, gives us some glimpse into the cooperation and coordination that is going to be developed by fleets.

On a side not, someone else said it sort of looked like a psychadelic light show and I can see where they were getting that. The phaser fire seems a lot more rapid than in the series, even when there are large battles. Ship phasers seemed to be fired in longer pulses and in far fewer numbers.

At any rate it will be interesting to see how it plays out at launch, after beta refinement.

Any way you look at it, I'm just excited to see this game come to fruition.

I can't wait to put together the fleet and start getting to know some folks!
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-10-2009, 04:57 PM
um the trailer was pretty bad ,not in a good way.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkiller View Post
The STO Trailers must be the first of their kind, that actually convice people NOT to buy the product. Bad voice acting and newbie machinima really doesn't cut it. Is there no money for decent PR left?

Example how to tell a story with ingame graphics:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuwa8Io5FnM
Why not something like THAT with a character from the game?
That is an AWESOME trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuwa8Io5FnM

Like this one http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...ematic-trailer

Cryptic should take note. These trailer fire up gamers to want to buy your product. I LOVE Star Trek but, have yet to be thrilled about this game. Fire us up Cryptic, put out more info. (namely about the Klingon Faction) and a great Trailer.

Because I Love Star Trek so much, I will play STO with fingers crossed that it's done well.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-10-2009, 05:29 PM
BOO! 7th and 8th fleets?! Bah... the 4th Fleet claims Starbase 24! At least that's been our stance going on a couple weeks now. Hehe.

Not a bad video... but nothing exciting or innovative either. We definitely need to see more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardog00 View Post
That is an AWESOME trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuwa8Io5FnM
Yeah if you want to play something that looks like it's running on the Cartoon Network. WoW graphics are outdated and garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardog00 View Post
Great video up until the :50 mark when the lightsabers came out. The rest is garble as far as I'm concerned. As I've said elsewhere... the constant focus and attention on Jedi by LucarsArts has made Star Wars dead to me. It used to be the greatest saga ever told... then after the original trilogy and the subsequent books afterwards (Zahn Trilogy, Rogue Squadron series, etc)... it's crashed and burned.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-10-2009, 06:12 PM
now i really cant wait for the release....
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-10-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm going to have to agree with the masses. Whats the deal with this voice acting? What the choppy camera?

Still waiting to see what this game is really about. The waiting game...... bah.