Lt. Commander
# 61
12-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagash303 View Post
The Starbase24 looks like it will be under heavy continously klingon attack. Must be PvP Quest Area. The mentioned General will dish out Quests that mainly look like "crush the federation" maybe even "beam over to Starbase24 and kill the federation Admiral". There could even be a PvE variant too.
My only concern for this video is that there are too many klingon ships exploding compared to federation ships exploding. I assume the beta testers were sitting in the fed ships My advice: punish them with pain sticks, set them on water&bread, use unique klingon interrogation techniques until they beg you to test klingon ships
I was going to offer an alternate to your first paragraph, but I like your second paragraph so much, I'll just concur.
Lt. Commander
# 62
12-16-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm generally really psyched about this game, but this video and the "Klingon Trailer" are the two things that have done the most to shake my confidence in the awesomeness of what is to come on February 2nd.
My concern is the voice acting. Is this what it will be like in the actual game, or is this just something that some guy in the Cryptic marketing department who doesn't know how to act threw together on his office mic? Because, and forgive me for being so disparaging, but the voice acting on the two vids in question is truly abysmal. The actors in both are trying so hard to make their voices sound like caricatures of "toughness" that they convey no emotion whatsoever. It's like they were done by people never actually watched any Star Trek and have really poor understandings of what the Federation and Klingon people are all about. I will buy STO, but I think I could not play this game more than a week if there was an abundance of acting this embarrassing.

However, since this may not be the actual in-game voice at all, I will end on a positive note by saying that I think the crazy complexity of the space combat visuals will look great when actually rendered by a graphics card at full resolution, and will surely add some real visceral intensity that will do the Trek world justice.
Lt. Commander
# 63
12-17-2009, 10:30 AM
this battle where the klingons are winning makes me sad... we can't lose!
Lt. Commander
# 64
12-18-2009, 12:51 AM
--Sing to Flintstone's tune--
"Klingons! Meet the Klingons.
Their your modern space-age family." *enter Klingon smily here*

Wow. That was an immense battle for both sides. Can't wait to try that out.
If that was PvP, then you better hope that all of Khemorex Klinzhai is not there at the same time.
That could end up in a one sided battle.

I can hardly wait for a chance to try this out, before buying it.
This MMO already looks way more interesting than Champions Online.

I know how it is with reviews. At gamespot it got a lot of negatives, but here it's just the opposite.
Same thing as I posted a negative comment on YouTube for the J.J. ****-A-Prise exterior design of the Enterprise. I just did not like the proportions (saucer too big, neck too big, secondary hull too small).
If your not on the bandwagon for how great ST XI is supposed to be, your the enemy.
Lt. Commander
# 65
12-25-2009, 09:34 PM
sh*t sto looks to damn good in that vid:p
Lt. Commander
# 66
12-25-2009, 09:41 PM
A good vid indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 67 Needs something
12-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok.. While the begining of the trailer was awesome.. with the view of the station.. It just did not have the "feel" for me.. no music.. lots of flashing lights.. and I mean lots.. and a boring voice.. I know that much much more could have been done with a trailer about one of the most anticipated games by Trek Fans.
Lt. Commander
# 68
12-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Liked the Starbase 24 video. Also noticed a "Veil of Space" episode there as well. Very Cool! Loved the way it ended!
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-03-2010, 07:54 AM
that vidio was amazing! i hope i get to see a spiderweb of lasers in game like that ! (just not aimed at me )
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-10-2010, 04:36 AM
I haven't had time to read all the posts...the only downside to this video for me was the dialogue. My word it was bad.

First off it was cheesy. Nothing wrong with a little cheese, but when it's got such a strong odour it spoils the experience.

Secondly the voice acting was terrible - reminds me of those youtube videos filmed by pre-teen kids where they're trying to put on a deep or scary voice.

Aside from that it was great, can't wait to get into the combat on Tuesday!