Lt. Commander
# 31
12-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Sorry, I'm at a toss-up between STO and SW:ToR. SW:ToR has been leading the way for me for the most part; however, if I see some Klingon info (that mythical blitzkrieg) and/or see if there will be six months or lifetime subscription offers (similar to Champions Online) that could sway my vote.
Well, I ended up voting for SW:ToR. Sorry, Cryptic, but they've released so much more info on the game. And while STO has more videos to watch, they're essentially the same thing: space pew pew with debris/asteroids. I do like the videos with the devs generally because they actually provide information. I think one of the biggest factors in my decision is that BioWare has been consistent in releasing information and Cryptic has not. We know just about every Federation ship and only two (with evidence to four) Klingon ships. With SW:ToR we know what all eight classes will be as well as several planets. There are other discrepancies about STO that we just don't have with SW:ToR.

Now, having said that, I still plan on purchasing STO and playing it indefinitely. The only thing to really change this is going to be if the ball is dropped regarding Klingons and their information release. Well, that and if I can never play a Romulan in an expansion within the first year.

YMMV.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I'd have voted long ago, but I can't be honest until I know about how the Klingon faction is going to be. So since Cryptic isn't forthcoming with their info I'm not forthcoming with my vote.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Wow...vote however you want but I'm pretty happy there's going to be an STO at all! Give'm a break or get a degree to make games and then you can definitely make sure you get what you want out of them. Yes I'd love to know more about the game myself but I don't resent them for not having it out right now. Maybe it's SO GOOD that they're waiting for us to experience it for ourselves(I hope!)?
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufnitza View Post
I'd hate to burst your bubble, but I don't quite share your pink fluffy view of "the new" BioWare.

While yes, I have been a fanatic of BioWare for years, and they fully deserve it because of the epic games they've brought to us(Baldur's Gate 2: SOA and Neverwinter Nights are enough to support that), I must say that ever since the acquisition by Electronic Arts, the quality of their games has declined.

As a fact, I have bought Dragon age:Origins, and I am deeply saddened by the fact that 2 months after the release, even with patch 1.02, it is unplayable for me because of the notorious bug (thread leak, whatever) that's been plaguing the game on AMD multicore processor systems. I mean, come on... what kind of testing did they perform internally? And moreover, why is it taking so long to get out a fix for this? It's a shame that a game with a story and plot so full of win as DA:O is rendered unplayable and nothing is done about it (it took them 2 weeks only to acknowledge the existence of the bug, despite the countless threads on their forums).

IMHO, the EA acquisition of BioWare has been the worst move ever for BioWare, and (I really hope I'm wrong here) it will be their undoing. I just hope that SWTOR will not be a disappointment because of EA, since we all can agree that BioWare >>> EA, but alas, EA is the leader of BioWare.
If you think game breaking bugs are a new thing for Bioware, then you're really wrong. My roommate's XBox copy of KOTOR was unplayable because there was a game breaking bug in the underwater part. There other game have had similar bugs too.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-02-2010, 10:37 PM
How did Alan Wake make the list on an article for pc.ign.com?