Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
10-03-2012, 12:13 PM
The borg proc is broken. It does not work on most stf borg.
Captain
# 12
10-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
I disagree ACC as I find ACC weaker then DMG. I already get 99% to 100% hit rate without ACC so ACC adds little to DPS. BORG is useless as well since over half the Borg in STF?s are not classed as borg so you get no bonus. The only mods worth while seem to be the crit based ones.
Having an overflow of ACC against your target adds to your critd (and I think crith). It may not be as much as a straight critd (or crith) mod, but it would still be more than 5 damage per mod that DMG gives you.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I have not looked into it for a while, but the DMG modifier on torpedos was broken. The damage calculated when you use HY was the same as if you woulndt had any modifier.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Are there even any procs that are still working? Not kidding, I can't tell the difference, please answer this.
Being here since 2011 Spring
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
10-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Having an overflow of ACC against your target adds to your critd (and I think crith). It may not be as much as a straight critd (or crith) mod, but it would still be more than 5 damage per mod that DMG gives you.
You might be surprised at that if you run the numbers. If you are lucky you might get 1% crit chance from ACC that means 1 in 100 shots is an extra crit hit but most of the time it is much worse than 1% bonus.

DMG on the other hand will have 100 shots with extra damage so the way I see it is the extra crit damage from ACC is as useless as DMG and if you are getting the acc crit damage you would be better off with the crit mods.

Last edited by pottsey5g; 10-03-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Captain
# 16
10-03-2012, 01:45 PM
wait you can buy fleet weapons for your ships? Where do you go, I have looked everywhere on my starbase.
Career Officer
# 17
10-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
wait you can buy fleet weapons for your ships? Where do you go, I have looked everywhere on my starbase.
If you level your Industrial Fabricator (Engineering) high enough, you can get fleet space weapons from a NPC on your OPS level. The fleet I'm part of just finished the Tier II upgrade and we have Advanced Fleet Weapons.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Captain
# 18
10-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
If you level your Industrial Fabricator (Engineering) high enough, you can get fleet space weapons from a NPC on your OPS level. The fleet I'm part of just finished the Tier II upgrade and we have Advanced Fleet Weapons.
nice, are they good? I was think of getting the Spiral Wave beams for my AC to replace my mark 12 borg beams for something higher in dps and can hit the target more for pvp.
Commander
# 19
10-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
You might be surprised at that if you run the numbers. If you are lucky you might get 1% crit chance from ACC that means 1 in 100 shots is an extra crit hit but most of the time it is much worse than 1% bonus.

DMG on the other hand will have 100 shots with extra damage so the way I see it is the extra crit damage from ACC is as useless as DMG and if you are getting the acc crit damage you would be better off with the crit mods.
have run the numbers, overflow accuracy = higher critical chance and critical severity. so not only do you crit more often, you do more damage when you do crit. all my characters have maxed accuracy, and with bonus acc weapons damage increases. bonus accuracy is a % not a flat number. the more you have in the skill the higher the bonus.

if you have only 3 ranks in starship weapons targeting you're not going to get much of a boost. at 9 ranks, 99 equates to ~132 (~140 w.accurate trait) accuracy with [accx3] mod. if your target gets slowed or stopped that bleed-over from what i've seen is around 70% crit rate for the duration. dmgx3 can't match that. even on a target moving at full speed crit rate is ridiculous (not that i'm complaining mind)

and then there's bonus crit severity...if you haven't seen it then you don't know...obviously you haven't or you'd know why accx3 is popular. it does require that skill to be maxed however...as even 6 ranks only gives a ~109 total bonus. and of course it helps to have at least 6 ranks in energy weapon specialization too. even more bonuses to crit chance and severity. \o/
Captain
# 20
10-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
nice, are they good? I was think of getting the Spiral Wave beams for my AC to replace my mark 12 borg beams for something higher in dps and can hit the target more for pvp.
The Advanced ones are... interesting. All standard types(no hybrids) available with [DMG]x3 and a forth modifier of your choice. Probably would be better to save up EC for [ACC]x2 or x3 weapons off the Exchange for PvP, as the Advanced Fleet ones max out at 1x [ACC] which will be just as accurate as your [Borg] weapons with it. For STFs, well, this thread was made and I was thinking of making a similar one.

I thought there were Elite Space Weapons coming, but I can't find them in the Engineering Tier listings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorusnonn View Post
Are there even any procs that are still working? Not kidding, I can't tell the difference, please answer this.
Polaron and Disruptor procs are working for sure, though it takes a fair bit of sustained fire to stack enough of either to be noticable, and I've seen sub-system disable icons from Phaser and Phased Tetryon pop up now and then.