Captain
# 91
10-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
You do realize that the "reactive shields" from the 3 set piece Aegis power, only affects the hull on the ship and not the shields?

It only activates if the shield facing being targeted is under 20%, and if the shield goes down so does the resist!
Yes, and yes. Had 6 ships of 4 different types in that furball (keldon, galor, jem heavy assault and jem DD), ALL of my shield and hull heals as well as omega3 unused , no field gens and STILL kicked their arse with an engie.

Whats your point ?

I pull my borg engine OFF for combat because the reactive shielding is better than the autonomous regeneration.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-04-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Career Officer
# 92
10-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Yes, and yes. Had 6 ships of 4 different types in that furball (keldon, galor, jem heavy assault and jem DD), ALL of my shield and hull heals as well as omega3 unused , no field gens and STILL kicked their arse with an engie.

Whats your point ?

I pull my borg engine OFF for combat because the reactive shielding is better than the autonomous regeneration.
Then I misread your post, I apologise

You would not have been the first person who has had to be corrected on that matter, just wish the devs would update the tooltip to stop the confusion.
Captain
# 93
10-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Then I misread your post, I apologise

You would not have been the first person who has had to be corrected on that matter, just wish the devs would update the tooltip to stop the confusion.
NP, didn't mean to be mean bit I hate it when peeps rip on the AEGIS set, it's not the best but it's works very well.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 94
10-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs
Yes, we reuse assets. It is commonplace not only throughout the games industry, but in reality, in business, in industry, and even in Star Trek Cannon (both on screen and backstage).
...but, you are not in the television industry.

Do you want to know the irony behind your statements? BioWare just got busted for recycling levels and content in "Dragon Age II". As a matter of overall fact, the fans went into a major uproar.

Quote:
Article: "No Reused Levels: Details Of Dragon Age 3 Emerge"
By John Walker on April 11th, 2012 at 12:30 pm.

Having asked for feedback on DAII, the strongest messages in the voluminous replies was that players wanted BioWare to stop reusing levels, feature decisions that matter, and to once again allow equipment for followers.
If you want to be the best in this industry, while winning over zen paying customers, you should learn from the errors made by your competitors.

"Star Trek: Online's" problems go beyond recycled game elements. All the endgame content has zero context. You want people to buy endgame content, but you refuse to give them a reason to buy stuff. No story. No leveling. No overall goals.

Buy a c-store ship for $25? Okay, why? Can I use it for leveling? Can I use it to play new featured episodes? Where is the depth to this game? All the endgame content is solely geared towards grinding.

Fleetbases are virtual reality sweat shops, which have zero purpose outside of giving the illusion of progress. Will we be able to save the universe by building these fleetbases? How about those season seven colonies?

"Star Trek: Online's" endgame is an endless feedback loop that gets you to nowhere. You don't win the game. You don't make more leveling progress. You don't get special ranks for reaching each tier. You get recycled equipment and empty promises.

---- EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING ----

Why are the advanced and fleet armors, shields, and weapons weaker than the Borg gear? People are putting endless resources, effort, time, and physical money into building these bases, so why the hell is it not paying off?

Why do all of the endgame armors look like the regular low level ones?

We are paying to obtain powerful and unique weapons to tank and win the game, so where the hell is it all hiding?

If you want to be the best in the industry, you do things better than your competitors.

You don't become their clone.

No sir, you are not entitled to my money. You have to earn it.

Your sincere zen paying customer,
~ Linyivee

Last edited by linyive; 10-04-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Career Officer
# 95
10-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post

Do you want to know the irony behind your statements? BioWare just got busted for recycling levels and content in "Dragon Age II". As a matter of overall fact, the fans went into a major uproar.

If you want to be the best in this industry, while winning over zen paying customers, you should learn from the errors made by your competitors.

"Star Trek: Online's" problems go beyond recycled game elements. All the endgame content has zero context. You want people to buy endgame content, but you refuse to give them a reason to buy stuff. No story. No leveling. No overall goals.

Buy a c-store ship for $25? Okay, why? Can I use it for leveling? Can I use it to play new featured episodes? Where is the depth to this game? All the endgame content is solely geared towards grinding.

Fleetbases are virtual reality sweat shops, which have zero purpose out side of giving the illusion of progress. Will we be able to save the universe by building these fleetbases? How about those season seven colonies?

"Star Trek: Online's" endgame is a endless feedback loop that gets you to nowhere.
Well said and wholly true. The devs wont listen though, to busy with fingers stuck in their ears going lalalalala.
Captain
# 96
10-04-2012, 09:24 AM
I like that bear skin rug. I want one on my Fed ship. Hmmmm, I wonder if a raiding party is in order?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Lt. Commander
# 97
10-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Lot's of complaining about decoration ...

It's ok work. More stuff for fleets to work on if they want. Otherwise, shrug it off and go have fun.

Otherwise, I read that EVE Online has some very pretty captain's lounges
You know people really need to drop this, if you dont like it go play Eve.
Community Moderator
# 98
10-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
After Perfect World bought the engine and title from Cryptic, the company has been struggling with creating new content.
Very minor correction:

PWE didn't buy the "engine and title" from Cryptic; PWE bought Cryptic. It is now a wholly-owned subsidiary.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Captain
# 99
10-04-2012, 09:43 AM
"It is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Haddon industries"

Couldn't resist.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Career Officer
# 100
10-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:

Fleetbases are virtual reality sweat shops, which have zero purpose outside of giving the illusion of progress. Will we be able to save the universe by building these fleetbases? How about those season seven colonies?

"Star Trek: Online's" endgame is an endless feedback loop that gets you to nowhere. You don't win the game. You don't make more leveling progress. You don't get special ranks for reaching each tier. You get recycled equipment and empty promises.

---- EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING ----

Why are the advanced and fleet armors, shields, and weapons weaker than the Borg gear? People are putting endless resources, effort, time, and physical money into building these bases, so why the hell is it not paying off?

Why do all of the endgame armors look like the regular low level ones?

We are paying to obtain powerful and unique weapons to tank and win the game, so where the hell is it all hiding?

If you want to be the best in the industry, you do things better than your competitors.

You don't become their clone.

No sir, you are not entitled to my money. You have to earn it.

Your sincere zen paying customer,
~ Linyivee
I think I'll just keep quoting this until things change.

I expect to be quoting it for the foreseeable future.