Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 101
10-04-2012, 12:22 PM
That table isn't very imaginative. All the cool existing tables that could have provided inspiration in decades of Star Trek and they choose something from Ikea. It's the 25th century so why is it a crappy glass table. There's already computers built into tables today so they could have done that or had a starmap/base schematic.

Come on use your imagination!!
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,196
# 102
10-04-2012, 12:51 PM
If it came down to getting one of two options faster than the other: fixing content leading up to endgame OR adding endgame content ... what would the consensus be?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,381
# 103
10-04-2012, 01:56 PM
KDF are the big winners in this set of projects. The Whole room is brighter.

Mantel
Chairs
Rug

On the flip side:
The federation project was meant to go there. What I like is that it fills the void in that glass room. Something needed to go there. It almost feels right. It also feels rushed.

The biggest let down to me was the gold ships. They look out of place standing in front of them and they are not in a straight line

They are also not on shelf's or hooks like on our ships in the mess hull. They are just floating there. Some are put with the nacelle in the wall. The deep space science vessel and the heavy escort models look like they have the phase device from ST:TNG Pegasus (Stuck in the wall). While the Miranda is a foot away from the wall.
http://i.imgur.com/7ReTT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oOT5f.png
http://i.imgur.com/bxSxA.png

Also the table top is at your ankles when walking on it. I took the screen shots at an angle where the shiny glass top didn't wash out everything.
http://i.imgur.com/fynHR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OJYax.jpg

If you have to choose between the two get the kdf. If you have ocd and are irritated that the area is empty knowing there should be something in there the entire time then you will suffer after when you look at these ships. I am glad the space is filled though.

Last edited by robdmc; 10-04-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 790
# 104
10-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
That table isn't very imaginative. All the cool existing tables that could have provided inspiration in decades of Star Trek and they choose something from Ikea. It's the 25th century so why is it a crappy glass table. There's already computers built into tables today so they could have done that or had a starmap/base schematic.

Come on use your imagination!!
I think a table with a little hologram of your starbase or a starship, or a few of those laptop like computers Picard always had, would have been so cool.

I mean come on, have you seen the consoles on the Timeship? THEY ARE EPIC with actual working non static displays..... But then again, those are lock box goodies, where is seems at late all the real nifty stuff goes.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Schissler/Online Multiplayer Gaming View Post
(In regards to STO Delta Rising): "Where a fun casual game once sat proudly, a horrible grind fest now stands. All this expansion has made me want to do, is log in less."
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,528
# 105
10-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw51825 View Post
Oh you mean duty officer hell where a player who may not be willing or able to pay for zen and stock up on 2000000023829387324987 duty officers can go and 'participate'?

I tell you you think the dilithium costs are bad? I think the market needs the drain. I can tell you its the 5000+ duty officers required that really makes it a pain in the ass. I have a nearly full roster of DOFF's and i cant contribute a single one because none of them are the roles required right now. And they're the only things left to do. I try to keep room for the refugees colonists and prisoners i sometimes get. What fun that is.
Makes ya want more DOFF roster slots, don't it?

Guess what they sell in the C-Store? I don't think that's accidental. Even if you're buying fleet DOFFs with fleet credits, or busting Purple DOFFs down into an army of Whites, you need the extra space. (Maybe you're already close to the 400 cap, but I'm only a little over halfway on one of my characters)

I'm not saying I like or agree with some of the DOFF requirements, mind you.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
# 106
10-04-2012, 02:51 PM
My fleet didn't finish the Fed project yet (but it's on the counter so it will be finished in about an hour).

I am sitting in a chair in front of this smooth fire at the moment on our KDF base and it looks really sweet... ehm... I mean Warrior style ^^
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 609
# 107
10-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post

Also the table top is at your ankles when walking on it. I took the screen shots at an angle where the shiny glass top didn't wash out everything.
http://i.imgur.com/fynHR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OJYax.jpg
Did anyone else remember when the dev came in here claiming how much time it took to implement these? Yet not only do we get poorly designed additions, we get untested garbage. Effort? What name so?

"Cryptic: We always deliver"

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 10-04-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 108
10-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Did anyone else remember when the dev came in here claiming how much time it took to implement these? Yet not only do we get poorly designed additions, we get untested garbage. Effort? What name so?

"Cryptic: We always deliver"
That happens on a lot of objects honestly. If I had to guess, it's because the textures and the invisible walls they use to actually make them seem like it's an object don't always line up. This aplied to the floating crates by the tailor also, why ships can't get anywhere near close enough, etc. The Crytpic engine has a lot of limitations. With DX12 on the way, we'll probably never see a finished DX11 either. Yet again, beta testing on Holodeck at its finest.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 609
# 109
10-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
That happens on a lot of objects honestly. If I had to guess, it's because the textures and the invisible walls they use to actually make them seem like it's an object don't always line up. This aplied to the floating crates by the tailor also, why ships can't get anywhere near close enough, etc. The Crytpic engine has a lot of limitations. With DX12 on the way, we'll probably never see a finished DX11 either. Yet again, beta testing on Holodeck at its finest.
Hey if you don't go up to that platform you wont see the uglyness right? I mean, for anyone with even a hint of aesthetics would probably scream at the completely out of place goldships. They should of put some kind of internal fishtank spanning that side :3 that would of been way nicer, but no ... we get recycled junk that is completely out of place, and a table that was poorly designed.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 110
10-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
They should of put some kind of internal fishtank spanning that side :3
A giant fishtank would be super cool, but that requires imagination to conceive.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 PM.