Survivor of Romulus
# 111
10-04-2012, 03:53 PM
About the KDF side, the chairs and the whole project are cool, but any reason to only two of them have fur, and the others not? And is not too asimetric, in front of the fireplace. Aside this, the whole project looks really good to me.

About the Federation side, a blue-glass table with chairs are ok, but for a 200.000 dilithium price, everyone wanted something more unique or not gived a recycled impression.

I know the limited time project is something novelty, a eye candy. But need or to give a better impression or have some special function.

As sugestion, you can leave some options to alter minor parts of the projecto, like the type of the chair and table or other thing to make the fleet admin the right to make the starbase with more unique look.
PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
Captain
# 112
10-04-2012, 05:10 PM
The table is horrible... anything set on the table actually rest on an invisible plane below the blue glass... the chairs are much too far back... and the 3 dots on it arent even aligned to the center of it?

Who the heck designed this thing? Fire them... its really bad...

Also, while I'm at it... what is up with the trophies? They arent evenly spaced and atleast 2 of them are clipped through the wall... (not to mention that the last one is a kitbash of akira pieces.) And why no option to change them?'

This project was one I was waiting for... and its so shoddily designed its shocking.
Republic Veteran
# 113
10-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
The table is horrible... anything set on the table actually rest on an invisible plane below the blue glass... the chairs are much too far back... and the 3 dots on it arent even aligned to the center of it?

Also, while I'm at it... what is up with the trophies? They arent evenly spaced and atleast 2 of them are clipped through the wall... (not to mention that the last one is a kitbash of akira pieces.) And why no option to change them?'

This project was one I was waiting for... and its so shoddily designed its shocking.
Agreed. This took all of 30 seconds in 3Dmax - and considering that this is what the pays the bills these days, it's shockingly bad.

Get your house in order gentlemen.
Lieutenant
# 114
10-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post

The chair distance isn't such of a big deal, but the round things on the table aren't even centered to...well, anything as far as I can see. If you're gonna charge 200,000 dilithium for these projects, can you at least make sure they look up to snuff? Come on guys, get on the QA team already!
Starfleet Veteran
# 115
10-04-2012, 05:54 PM
@branflakes

Is there any plans to touch up this project on the fed side?
Captain
# 116
10-04-2012, 06:40 PM
*sigh*

There are areas of the game that are dying (literally dying out) for attention, but instead, we get tables...
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 117
10-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Did anyone else remember when the dev came in here claiming how much time it took to implement these? Yet not only do we get poorly designed additions, we get untested garbage. Effort? What name so?

"Cryptic: We always deliver"
Yeah it was hilarious them claiming it takes time to test these things out after they are made - or copied!! What a joke - and a lie or you would not have had a enterprize picture behind a plant - or do they close their eyes while testing? I guess it would be too much time for them to visit the base with the project up to see if everything looks ok. If someone does and there is this many mistakes then they should be fired!
Career Officer
# 118
10-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Heh...

Guess I'm not so upset about my Alt-Base still working on the Open the Window one...

32 000 in..., 168,000 to go...

LoL
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-05-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 119
10-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Yeah it was hilarious them claiming it takes time to test these things out after they are made - or copied!! What a joke - and a lie or you would not have had a enterprize picture behind a plant - or do they close their eyes while testing? I guess it would be too much time for them to visit the base with the project up to see if everything looks ok. If someone does and there is this many mistakes then they should be fired!
Whoops I did a cryptic ( Click Here )

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Career Officer
# 120
10-05-2012, 12:40 PM
I have to agree with others, the recycled content factor combined with the awful and lazy placement of these items is simply unacceptable. The value of this item is about $12.50 in real money, its not a dollar or two.

Anyone that does this quality of work and presents it to customers should be fired, and who ever approved this should be as well.