Starfleet Veteran
# 31
10-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrevt1100 View Post
Ok this has probably been covered but I haven't found it so I figured I would cut to the chase with this question. Small fleet, grinding dilithium but not even half way on the current special project. What happens to the current one when the new one starts?
If the mission is queued it stays queued until completed or replaced. If the mission is active then it remains active until completed and cannot be swapped.
Career Officer
# 32
10-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
If the mission is queued it stays queued until completed or replaced. If the mission is active then it remains active until completed and cannot be swapped.
Thanks for the info robdmc. Much obliged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Used to be brobinson1263. Now I have to use something different for a forum name. Guess I'll use my motorcycle model.
Forum Member since October 2009 - LTS since February 2010
Thanks for the custom Avatars back. Now I have to find my old sig
Empire Veteran
# 33
10-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Yay, we finally get a fire in the fireplace...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Career Officer
# 34
10-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Still waiting for the one that adds a pole to the stripper table. I'm counting on you, Tumerboy! A dancer doing the nerve tonic dance would suffice, pole or no.

Fireplace looks awesome, though. Finally, a KDF project I want my fleet to complete.
Empire Veteran
# 35
10-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
As a graphic designer, I've done 3D modeling, 10 seconds is an exaggeration obviously, but not by much. Pretty sure you can find that rug and fire/logs on KDF maps. But are we really making the argument that chairs and a table, and a bunch of logs is difficult and challenging to make? Really?
Kinda sounds like you need to join the Cryptic dev team and show em how it's done...
Maybe we'd get some free and super awesome changes if you were there.
Ah, well, I guess to do what you really want you'd have to be in charge of PWE and/or CBS and/or Cryptic, so I guess we're stuck with the poor Developers doing what they are told to do for now, huh?
Ah well, carrying on as normal until then...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Career Officer
# 36
10-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
i concede the fed chairs are a copy and paste job. thats fine.

you still have not told me how long it would take to create one kdf chair with its little details, one mugato rug, the bone skull, the table (however basic), the fire and logs and do his copy and pasting. i still want to know how much time we are adding to that initial 10 seconds.

and the implementation part is still important to whole the process, and i dont think that can be ignored. i respect the guy who sits down and codes it all in and does the boring bit as much as the artists who makes them.
I'll save you the waiting the 30 second load times to visit your bridge. Here's mine!
Lieutenant
# 37
10-03-2012, 12:47 PM
The KDF upgrade looks pretty nice, but that FED one is terrible. Cheap and lazy copy/paste job. As much as I'd like to rant about what they should do instead, its pointless. STO is only here to keep Cryptic afloat while they work on Neverwinter and if you don't believe that, ask yourself why they ignore all the community feedback and why there are only about 5 people maintaining this game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 38
10-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
It's nice. We as a fleet will do it as we have the rest.

But it's soon going to reach a point where we want PRACTICAL extras. We're well into Tier III now and dilithium is beginning to dictate project times. The necessity of a bang for our buck needs to be addressed Cryptic. Give us things we can use.

Also please don't neglect the exterior of the starbase. Give us things actually happening and changing. For fleets that will have spent hundreds and hundreds of potential pounds/dollars on their bases thus far. I think it's time you used that to make proper decks like the Science, Engineering & Tactical floors that are custom made, not just copy-n-pasted rooms from already existing areas. It's plain to see the Engineering deck is actually Cap's Table, it's obvious the Tactical deck was used for a couple of missions involving the Klingons and the less said about the sci deck that is in fact a deck from your ships jumbled up, the better.

Fleets are putting a lot of time, organization and resources into these grind fests of yours. The LEAST you can do it make it worthwhile. Get Tumorboy to get off his arse and give us a starbase, not just an "Ops" deck.
Here's a signal boost. Spot on.
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
10-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbflordkrueg View Post
Kinda sounds like you need to join the Cryptic dev team and show em how it's done...
Maybe we'd get some free and super awesome changes if you were there.
Ah, well, I guess to do what you really want you'd have to be in charge of PWE and/or CBS and/or Cryptic, so I guess we're stuck with the poor Developers doing what they are told to do for now, huh?
Ah well, carrying on as normal until then...
That would be the day~ lol.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Career Officer
# 40
10-03-2012, 01:16 PM
[quote=mewi;5937891]Which leads us to another point, 200k for Fire......... If I ever thought of a definition for the word scam, cryptic would probably be the first to come to mind.[/QUOTE

Actually, fire is also available in the foundry so it is not a new creation in game either. Haven't seen the rug though.