Commander
# 41
10-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the seventh Starbase Featured Project in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Too bad my fleet leader left STO nad we've missed the past two projects . I think my fleet died too..
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Community Moderator
# 42
10-03-2012, 02:23 PM
I believe the Limited Time Projects should be both decorative and functional.

But aside from chairs you can sit in, I'm not sure what kind of functionality I'd want from a conference area.

Alternatively, purely decorational projects are way too expensive and ought to be cheaper. I understand the reasons for having Dilithium sinks in the game, but this stuff seems priced way out of range for small fleets to be able to sustain buying them.

At current exchange rates, this would be somewhere over 1000 Zen in Dilithium.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
10-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Make content not useless crap that cost to much.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
10-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
...but this stuff seems priced way out of range for small fleets to be able to sustain buying them.
Yep. If they had more of these projects (maybe even scaled down a tad) at a more reasonable pricepoint, they'd accomplish more as dilithium sinks. Big fleets would still snap them up and they'd be bought by more small fleets. As it stands, a lot of small fleets are skipping these projects entirely.

If they aren't bought, they have no value whatsoever as a resource sink.
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
10-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepcalm View Post
People seem to forget the fleet credits ... which this project alone will provide enough of to buy ten fleet ships. From the look of it, these are for giving large fleets a big project that everyone can get credits from, instead of the smaller ones that can fill up before half a fleet can even log in.
My fleet has 80+ Fleet ships provisioned (I think 4 have been bought), the ships are just blah in my opinion. The only thing I use my fleet credits (over 2 million accumulated so far) for is white DOFFs to pump back into the Hungry Hungry Hipp... errr... Starbase. Fleet Credits are a joke in my opinion (why add so many new currencies after a bunch were removed just a season or two earlier because there were "too many"?)

As for these projects... Why wait 3 months to add something to the game that has been available since before the season even started? (the rug and fireplace were shown as the big draw for KDF bases since well before they were even on tribble and the table and chairs have shown up on the map, along with the dance floor and UFP Logo in the Transporter room, since starbases first came out. Seems to me, the reason for the 2 week intervals is so that it looks like new content is coming out regularly when it was all really made months ago and the designers don't have to worry about doing what the players want, they already have all the projects they are going to add made.
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
10-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
At current exchange rates, this would be somewhere over 1000 Zen in Dilithium.
$10 more than they would have otherwise.... (greedy gold-diggers)

Why make Z-Store stuff people want to buy and at a decent cost when you can just use dilithium sinks and over-prices per-char unlocks to make your money? Sure you are making tons of money now, but what happens when the majority of your players realize you don't care about them at all and decide to stop playing (or at the very least, stop spending money on this game)? I've had several friends who have quit STO and gone back to a subscription based MMO because at least in that they feel like they get their money worth (and have fun, rather than have mindless grinds). (and yes, I know grinds are all over MMOs, but some do a better job of hiding them in things people actually enjoy than others)
Commander
# 47
10-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah, sorry. My fleet makes decisions in officer chat. That doesn't cost 200k dilithium, and people are actually on there, as opposed to the starbase.
Lt. Commander
# 48
10-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Can we take a moment to breathe concerning costs?

Would we prefer smaller costs for the scale of the project? The answer is overwhelmingly yes.

However, If you're in a big fleet (like i've ended up joining) you find a LOT of items are just GONE before you can contribute anything. 200k Dilith might look obscene (and it probably is from a pure benefit standpoint) But everyone in a fleet should get a chance to contribute not just the lucky few on line at a specific time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 49
10-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw51825 View Post
However, If you're in a big fleet (like i've ended up joining) you find a LOT of items are just GONE before you can contribute anything. 200k Dilith might look obscene (and it probably is from a pure benefit standpoint) But everyone in a fleet should get a chance to contribute not just the lucky few on line at a specific time.
Isn't that what the rest of the Special Projects are for???
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh you mean duty officer hell where a player who may not be willing or able to pay for zen and stock up on 2000000023829387324987 duty officers can go and 'participate'?

I tell you you think the dilithium costs are bad? I think the market needs the drain. I can tell you its the 5000+ duty officers required that really makes it a pain in the ass. I have a nearly full roster of DOFF's and i cant contribute a single one because none of them are the roles required right now. And they're the only things left to do. I try to keep room for the refugees colonists and prisoners i sometimes get. What fun that is.