Career Officer
# 61
10-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Been waiting for the Fireplace since Day 1!

But 200,000 for a Federation Conference Table? Yeeeeah, even if I had the dilithium this time, I wouldn't bother.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Captain
# 62
10-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Since our fleet started up a week ago, we missed out on all the good stuff. Unless they drop the prices and make them steadily available, I do not think these featured projects will be worth the effort. I wish these featured projects were unlockables, so that the devs can concentrate on defining the endgame.

Last edited by linyive; 10-03-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 63
10-03-2012, 05:06 PM
All of this is cosmetic and to be honest rather ridiculous, when perhaps they should be working on such things as perhaps different types of star-base layouts, to exteriors and interiors. Or even better, give us more independent things to build, specially for those that dont fleet?
Republic Veteran
# 64
10-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Yes, we reuse assets. It is commonplace not only throughout the games industry, but in reality, in business, in industry, and even in Star Trek Cannon (both on screen and backstage).

We have made a lot of assets already. It would be idiotic to build a brand new chair every time we needed a chair. Just as Starfleet wouldn't get the corps of engineers to design and manufacture a new chair every time they needed a new chair. They would likely get some copies of a chair they already had the plans for.

That said, what you see is not 10 seconds of work, and Implementation does matter, as that often requires more time than the asset creation in the first place.

I'm sorry if you are disappointed with this project. Don't queue for it, don't spend your Dil on it, and save it for one you do like.
Oh Snap

200k is not a lot...then again I'm in a fleet, not a 5 man task force.

I like the Fed room, it looks like a conference room you find in Star Trek, efficient.

Lt. Commander
# 65
10-03-2012, 06:10 PM
well. it's the project our fleet's been waiting for.
Starfleet Veteran
# 66
10-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
Too bad my fleet leader left STO nad we've missed the past two projects . I think my fleet died too..
If they've been inactive for a month, I believe Fleet Leadership is supposed to transfer to the next highest ranking active person.

Raptr profile
Career Officer
# 67
10-03-2012, 06:32 PM
I don't suppose those trophies on the wall in the Fed projects are optional/capable of being altered, are they?.

Frankly, I didn't care for the Enterprise project (fanboy sentimentality should stay with the fans, outside the game/series/whatever, not in-universe) and I don't much care for being told that if my fleet has a use for a table and some chairs, then surely they must be absolutely gagging for some more sentimental crap on the wall. And if not, well, then YOU CAN SIT ON THE FLOOR FOR ALL I CARE!

It's not just that it's there. It's the idea again it's being decided for everyone what their fleet would be so sentimental about as to decorate their starbase with. Now with the Enterprise set, nothing else was lost by passing on the project. At the very least then with this one I'd need and expect to be able to set those trophies to match prominent ships in the fleet. (It's a small image, so it's hard to see, but I'm pretty sure the middle one is a Miranda and would definately not be there.)

Honestly though, starbase customization has been something of a disappointment. The art's fine, that's not the issue, but the level of customization is just not up to Cryptic par. So I very much doubt even changing those trophies will be possible. Remember when character and ship customization used to be (rightly so) one of your selling points, guys? Did you forget? (Not that I'd not love to be wrong about this.)

Also, you always just post the one picture. There usually is a little more in the project than is shown in that picture, so I won't cry foul at the absense of a display screen just yet... but I've got a hunch you needed that space for the admiral's bronzed "My First Flotilla" TM playset.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 10-03-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Hi, I'm Ereth, and I am addicted to editing...
Captain
# 68
10-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Lot's of complaining about decoration ...

It's ok work. More stuff for fleets to work on if they want. Otherwise, shrug it off and go have fun.

Otherwise, I read that EVE Online has some very pretty captain's lounges
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
10-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys! This is just what we were looking for and if we can build it before Monday we can use it for our Council meeting.

As always I love some of these special projects.
<div align=center>http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/205090/New_new_WP_Banner_copy.png</div>
Starfleet Veteran
# 70
10-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Yes, we reuse assets. It is commonplace not only throughout the games industry, but in reality, in business, in industry, and even in Star Trek Cannon (both on screen and backstage).

We have made a lot of assets already. It would be idiotic to build a brand new chair every time we needed a chair. Just as Starfleet wouldn't get the corps of engineers to design and manufacture a new chair every time they needed a new chair. They would likely get some copies of a chair they already had the plans for.

That said, what you see is not 10 seconds of work, and Implementation does matter, as that often requires more time than the asset creation in the first place.

I'm sorry if you are disappointed with this project. Don't queue for it, don't spend your Dil on it, and save it for one you do like.
Yeah do you see paramount reselling the same episodes as brand new? No, they resell OLD episodes VIA DVD/Digital/ usually as higher quality versions based strictly on current technologies. But again, there is no point in buying the same episode if you are satisfied with your current. Ontop of that, do you see paramount chopping up season 6 Discs into 1,000 pieces and selling them off individually?

Whereas you guys at cryptic declare it a "Special Feature" then in your own blog posts claim how innovative it is, and cling onto the mentality that you are releasing an entirely new product. Misleading business models are misleading, if you guys release things new, you should release new things, especially at the costs you are selling them for and the amount of time we have to wait for them.

Furthermore, actual effort should be put into these projects. Not things, anyone 1st quarter student can come up with.

"Should we have to remake a chair when we have 80 laying around" Answer, If it costs money ( and yes dilithium does translate into zen ) then Yes, you should make a new chair, you shouldn't re-use old chairs that FYI, don't even match the layout, it was a lazy crop out of the prometheus bridge layout and a slap onto the "new" base layout.

I think you are just ashamed that we caught you on it. As such, rather than being ashamed, maybe you should listen to your base more, this isn't the first "Special Feature" project to disappoint the masses, in fact, most of them have been doing just that. Do something to fix that, don't call US out as if we were idiots to the reality of STO, we know exactly how much effort is being put into what. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

PS: AS a business model, those of you at cryptic should be looking to create things people want, not what people don't want. So tell me, is creating a constant stream of disappointing content, a worthy business model? If you don't listen, we aren't heard, ultimately we will get sick of yelling and leave, business model structural collapse.

Also I want you to ask yourself something, is 200k for some fire and a rug really worth it? Is 200k for a table and some already premade stuff that has existed over a year, really worth it?

Tell me, if you don't care if we buy it, why are you creating it?

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 10-03-2012 at 08:14 PM.