Republic Veteran
# 81
10-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmt View Post
It doesn't matter if u divide $13 by 1 or by 20 players. $13 are 2 much for this few pixels.
It took a person some time to make that pixel, and add that pixel in the game, and made sure that pixel worked (most of the time) , and detail that pixel, and added other pixels to that one pixel depending on what that pixel is. that's not cheap.

Welcome to the digital age

if you are spending the whole 13 or whatever on your own, and not getting help from fleet mates, then well you might have a problem.

Cryptic keeps making something signature worthy almost everyday now, I 'm taking a break

Last edited by neoakiraii; 10-04-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Captain
# 82
10-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
[color=orchid]
...the amount of effort they put into this... is BY FAR, not worth the amount they are asking for...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
[color=orchid]
...They do not equate the amount of dilithium overall being spent, whereas, Cryptic is trying to get people to do these dilithium sinks for as little effort as possible as they ( the devs can put into it ) hence lazy, or worse, try to chop some premade into little pieces and sell you it one tinsy little bit at a time, and slap in an endless supply of little lazy ad ins they find laying around the "Old Design Junk" bin so you don't even get to the more interesting parts, making those lazy parts look like that is as good as it will get...
After Perfect World bought the engine and title from Cryptic, the company has been struggling with creating new content. Fleetbases and fleet ships are stitched together by using premade content. Cryptic took the ship textures sold in the c-store, moved a slider in Photoshop to alter the skins, slightly changed their stats, added the word 'fleet' to their name, and then resold them to the public. If I had the pieces sitting before me, I bet it would take me about three to five minutes to repackage each ship. How long do you think it took them to make the "TNG" Admiral outfit? It was a five second touch-up of the original. How about the Mirror Universe ships? Each Mirror Universe ship is a two minute retexture job.

*shrugs*

What can I say?

I am a professional graphic and web designer.

When it comes to creating newly designed content, Perfect World has only made a few pieces. Most of those pieces are c-store ships, the Jem'Hadar and Founder characters and weapons, the exterior of DS9, elements to two featured fleetbase upgrades, Bajor, and a handful of fleet weapons.

Cryptic did not put any effort into designing the fleet and advanced armors. Each of the new armors are older ones with respecs. While we are on the subject, the fleet and advanced armor and weapon specs are worthless. Unless there is some type of weird glitch, the new weapons, armors, and shields are just as weak as Borg gear. Heck, you cannot use the new gear in STFs, for the remodulator barley works on them. Where is the incredibly powerful gear we were promised?

After I noticed all the retextured and overpriced content, I started to change my zen buying habits.

I am now considering other options.

Last edited by linyive; 10-04-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Captain
# 83
10-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Seriously what proof is needed? That is the purpose of the featured projects. It's the purpose of the whole darn system. Do we have to get the Architect and Agent Smith in here to explain this crap with as many words possible for some of you to get it?!?!?!?!??!

Irregardless of the fact that it's a DL sink to get the value of DL back up... I will happily hand over DL and clap like a freakin' seal, and do you know why??? Cause it's my DL and that's what I feel like spending it on and if you or the rest of these cry babies don't, I don't care to hear about it.

It's a status symbol... that we have crap loads of DL.... Also, why does everyone complain about this when the projects go for 60 and 80k a pop and only give EXP, for those you truly get nothing of substance...

What they should do it put some new crap in the DL store that wont be superseded by another store...
  • Not weapons that are basically useless now that Advanced/Elite Fleet gear is here.
  • Not consoles that are basically useless because better can be had via the DOff system and exchange by proxy.
  • Not ship equipment that are basically useless because better can be had via STF and crafting (though the Aegis needs either warp 14 or some other gimmick to complete with STF in my opinion)

Then perhaps I would have a choice and might spend more of my crap loads of DL on stuff.
It's a download sink to get the value of download back up, and you'll gladly give your download because it's your download and having so much download is a status symbol, and you think they should put some new stuff in the download store, because you'd have a choice and might spend more of your download on stuff?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Ensign
# 84 KLingon Rocking Chairs?
10-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the seventh Starbase Featured Project in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Whos gonna sit in those rocking chairs? Midgets?
Commander
# 85
10-04-2012, 08:44 AM
200k dilithium for 6 chairs and a table? Are you mad the newest ships (T5) cost 160k dilithium.

Cryptic is proud of customization options which players have with their characters, even Mr. Sthal spoke about it in one of Ask Cryptic or State of Game. Space stations were have to be unique for every Fleet, right now I'm all most sure that all stations look exactly the same.

Instead those so called spacial projects you should give Fleet leaders or any other person with correct fleet permission to use foundry and design which elements should be put in actual interior. Depending on which elements were used in project game system will calculate cost for Fleet project.

For example I'd like to put three ship models on wall in Ops and a chair under them. Each model have base cost: 2500 GPL, 50 dilithium and 2 Self sealing steambolts and chair require 50 Provisions. So Fleet must pay 7500 GPL, 150 dilithium, 6 Self sealing steambolts and 50 Provisions to activated new project for furniture.

This will make each Starbase unique, not that "special projects" same for every Fleet. When will you start listening what people really want?
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Captain
# 86
10-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
<snip>[*]Not ship equipment that are basically useless because better can be had via STF and crafting (though the Aegis needs either warp 14 or some other gimmick to complete with STF in my opinion)
Heh, I got the reactive shielding triggered on 4 different energy types simultaneously last night in one mission, IF thats not a great gimmick for a ship set then I dunno what is.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Ensign
# 87
10-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Heh, I got the reactive shielding triggered on 4 different energy types simultaneously last night in one mission, IF thats not a great gimmick for a ship set then I dunno what is.
U get reactive shielding 4 every energytype that is hitting ur ship and it can stack up to 10 times each.
But afaik it give u only some hull resits and compared with the borg set its not that great.
Career Officer
# 88
10-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
You do realize that the "reactive shields" from the 3 set piece Aegis power, only affects the hull on the ship and not the shields?

It only activates if the shield facing being targeted is under 20%, and if the shield goes down so does the resist!
Career Officer
# 89
10-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmt View Post
U get reactive shielding 4 every energytype that is hitting ur ship and it can stack up to 10 times each.
But afaik it give u only some hull resits and compared with the borg set its not that great.
Correct, it only adds a resist to the hull and not the shield sadly..
Career Officer
# 90
10-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Yes, we reuse assets. It is commonplace not only throughout the games industry, but in reality, in business, in industry, and even in Star Trek Cannon (both on screen and backstage).

We have made a lot of assets already. It would be idiotic to build a brand new chair every time we needed a chair. Just as Starfleet wouldn't get the corps of engineers to design and manufacture a new chair every time they needed a new chair. They would likely get some copies of a chair they already had the plans for.

That said, what you see is not 10 seconds of work, and Implementation does matter, as that often requires more time than the asset creation in the first place.

I'm sorry if you are disappointed with this project. Don't queue for it, don't spend your Dil on it, and save it for one you do like.

No, I'm sorry but that's just not good enough anymore. There was a time when the Cryptic team was a fraction of it's current size, and all it's time seemed to be spent developing Neverwinter. The only features we were getting were spinoffs from that cookie-cut into the STO platform. But we understood because Atari were bleeding the Studio dry. We waited over a year in a content drought and waited.

But times are different, you're team has more then DOUBLED according to your boss, and again, we understand time needs to be given to bring them up to speed. And we understand you need to make sinks ingame to keep the ingame economy stable, and we understand PWE/Cryptic needs to make money in order to continue. But starbases are your baby, it showcased Season 6 and a similar holding will showcase Season 7. You can't expect to put the bare minimum or effort in anymore. We were promised content, fixes and greener grass. We've been given a massive financial sink that you could not be bothered to develop properly before shipping out. Four decks, one brand new and cool, but empty of anything unless paid for over and over. And three extra decks that are a botched copy-n-pasted job from a Friday afternoon.

You can't hide behind greedy owners anymore. We've been lead to believe that times were changing and things were improving by DStahl - time to step up and make it happen.