Survivor of Romulus
# 11
10-09-2012, 08:01 PM
What information do you require? Ask and ye shall receive.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Ensign
# 12
10-09-2012, 08:43 PM
What tools do i need to download to write missions for others to play them? Map generators, ship & npc stuff, etc. Thanks in advance for your help.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
10-09-2012, 09:22 PM
You don't need to download anything, not like modding in other games. Just start up Star Trek Online, and at the character select screen click the button near the top that says Create Content.

You'll need to create a test character. You won't really play this character, its just there to playtest maps with.

If you are a Gold player or a lifetime subscriber, you get 8 mission slots automatically. If you are a silver player you will need 10,000 dilithium to buy slots.

Kirkfat made up a nice tutorial video for all this here: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...-i-by-kirkfat/
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Ensign
# 14
10-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Awesome, thanks drogyn1701
Career Officer
# 15
10-09-2012, 11:51 PM
I usually throw a little combat into my missions. Even if the whole mission were possible to complete without engaging in combat, I'd probably still throw in a couple of encounters. To some extent, I believe you need to tailor your missions toward the medium. If I were writing a television show, I'd probably not have more combat than seen in the other ST shows. Although, I think Dereliction Duty could almost be converted straight over to a television script maintaining just about the same number of combat encounters (of course the whole thing would have to be condensed).

If you want to make a non-combat mission that's great. But if it were me, I'd probably throw in some loudmouth in the bar who you can fight with.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.