Commander
# 111
12-25-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Added +1.5 to the Y on that spawn point and republishing.
No other changes have been made.

I have received one other REALLY weird comment.
Apparently for some people, the TOS Klingons in the mission are spawning as Vulcans ??
What the heck ?

Only seen a couple reports of this, and not seen it myself, but ... What the heck ?
I did notice one of them seemed a bit Romulan like but I just assumed that was the lighting or something ol

And seem as were all doing it, im just adding a short sentence to my Mission Brief at the start as people are having problems knowing where to go at the start... it those say, just not clear enough apparantly lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Rihannsu
# 112
12-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Added +1.5 to the Y on that spawn point and republishing.
No other changes have been made.

I have received one other REALLY weird comment.
Apparently for some people, the TOS Klingons in the mission are spawning as Vulcans ??
What the heck ?

Only seen a couple reports of this, and not seen it myself, but ... What the heck ?
I don't get it myself. they looked fine to me...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 113
12-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
I'll take responsibility for that. I came back to this game only about a month ago since I played during beta/launch. I saw the Foundry Challenge and thought it would be awesome to see how my first created mission held up. Once I re-read that the challenge was for a follow-up to established content, I realized that I probably should not have submitted it. Apologies on that.

I'll understand just fine if it's disqualified from voting or what have you. I'm just glad to see people playing and having fun with it. And thank you for the compliment. Yours was a lot of fun as well.
I just got a review where a reviewer decided to take a star away "because I was using the foundry challenge to promote my mission".

So, for future reference, I'll set the record straight.

1. Please see my post above from earlier today. This was all an error on my part. I tried to withdraw the mission but was told it would be fine. There was probably a bit of miscommunication there.

2. I'm not trying to promote anything, other than having fun sharing a story, nor would I want to break any rules to do so. This isn't a business, and certainly not that serious.

3. Just my opinion: Missions should be rated based on the quality of the mission itself... not on what you personally "think" of the author. Reviewing missions based off of personal judgment is petty, and it ruins the fun of actually doing the work.

So, I am apologizing again, as I don't want to be misunderstood. I enjoy being part of this community and I love to write stories. I'll request to be withdrawn from the list of posted missions.
Career Officer
# 114
12-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
So here's an interesting thing

I know I mixed the name of the Reuben James up a couple of times.

Reuben James
Rueben James

Easy mistake.

Glad to know that the folks at Cryptic made the same one.
Just saying.
If you play their mission.
You'll see.
Haha! I think I made this mistake a few times myself. So far my missions been getting some decent reviews, although some of them complain of things outside my control, but as such you just deal with what you can. Others seemed to find the combat too hard or the mundane tasks of fixing the ship too boring. Makes me really wish there were assets for the TOS interiors that I could have used to further along the story, but I guess you can't make everyone happy.

One of the players totally noticed something I didn't in that Echo's should actually be Echoes in my mission title. I'll have to see if it's even possible to change the mission name after the challenge.

Otherwise people seemed to enjoy it. I've been really humbled by some of the feedback I've seen. It's rather rewarding that people take time to play the mission and send me back feedback.
Commander
# 115
12-26-2012, 12:09 PM
It's shocking how rude people can be when given a little scoring system and a comments box.
Sometimes it's tempting to email the person back telling them where to stick it but that would be making yourself lower than them!

In my opinion all the entrys for this challenge are enjoyable and in a couple of instances inspiring so I hope no one new or old here gets deterred.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Lieutenant
# 116
12-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
I tend to be pretty forgiving with spelling and gramatical errors.
Such things can be fixed.
To arbitrarily rate down to a 1 or 2 just because of spelling , feels kind of ... well ... mean.

if you liked the story.
The action was good.
if It was fun.
and you still rate down to 1 or 2 stars ?

sorry , just makes no sense to me, and feels vindictive and mean.

Write a private email to the author and mention constructively about how to improve the spelling and grammar. Comment on what worked and what didn't.

getting a 1 star review with just "spelling mistakes" as a comment is a slap in the face.
1 star means the mission was broken. Spawn points were frakked up. It was boring. Etc Etc

Not just spelling mistakes.

Whatever, to each their own.
If spelling and grammar is SO overwhelming a consideration in your ratings, that's your decision. But I implore you to have a go at constructive criticism instead of "i am downrating this mission I enjoyed to a 1 star because of spelling"

Private emails work great.
Just sayin.

shaking my head in disbelief
Just to clarify for me

1) errors don't mean auto 1 or 2 stars.
2) But if everything is great and there are constant spelling mistakes, it can't be a 5 star mission sorry. Five stars is perfection (or really close) in my opinion.

If you goofed once, hey it happens. But let's say every other screen the character is talking about Captain Cirk who captained the Enterprize NCC-1701.

Or instead of using saying their ship, each and EVERY time it is there ship, when talking about who commands it.

This is fingernails on the chalkboard stuff. If they have a great story, you bet your ass I'm sending them a private mail as well as a review.

Last edited by tanadanat; 12-26-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Career Officer
# 117
12-27-2012, 07:35 PM
i'd like to thank everyone that has taken time to play my kdf mission: Imperium. Thank you.
Rihannsu
# 118
12-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
i'd like to thank everyone that has taken time to play my kdf mission: Imperium. Thank you.
It was awesome! The map where you have to crawl through the guts of a wrecked ship was AMAZING!!!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 119
12-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It was awesome! The map where you have to crawl through the guts of a wrecked ship was AMAZING!!!
Thanks. i'm proud of that map.
Career Officer
# 120
12-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
Thanks. i'm proud of that map.
It's a really great map, Man.
I was wildly impressed