Rihannsu
# 11
10-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Hmmm.... I have been pondering it. I haven't made a decision quite yet though.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 12
10-05-2012, 04:51 PM
You know, I might actually take part in this one. Since the mission has to be so short it shouldn't even take me that much time. If I aim for making a 15 minute mission, it will probably end up being around 45 minutes.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 13
10-05-2012, 06:13 PM
The one I'm writing could be adapted to be a klingon centric mission very easily, but for my first foray into using the foundry I'm sticking with federation.
"... I really don't care if you try to make money, Cryptic. I do care when you have to insult my intelligence by saying it isn't about money, and use a hot button issue like 'content quality' in order to push that narrative." -Iconians
Lieutenant
# 14
10-05-2012, 08:46 PM
I am planning on competing in this one as well. The first one I've competed in so I'm half-excited and half-worried.
Career Officer
# 15
10-06-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm happy to see so many klingon missions being developed. However, I'd like to remind Brandon, that KDF Foundry does not allow us to use doors in the Deferi, Cardassian or the Romulan sectors. Missions that focus on those series, will need to use doors located elsewhere. (Pi Canis, Eta Eridani, and Omega Leonis) are the only sector blocks currently with doors for the KDF. Players should be informed of this foundry limitation so not to ding missions for not using the normal door for those missions.

And, since we're on the topic, what's the status of opening up these sector blocks to the KDF Foundry Missions? I'm sure I'm not the only one that is wondering about this.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 16
10-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
I'm happy to see so many klingon missions being developed. However, I'd like to remind Brandon, that KDF Foundry does not allow us to use doors in the Deferi, Cardassian or the Romulan sectors. Missions that focus on those series, will need to use doors located elsewhere. (Pi Canis, Eta Eridani, and Omega Leonis) are the only sector blocks currently with doors for the KDF. Players should be informed of this foundry limitation so not to ding missions for not using the normal door for those missions.

And, since we're on the topic, what's the status of opening up these sector blocks to the KDF Foundry Missions? I'm sure I'm not the only one that is wondering about this.
This is something I considered when making the challenge, but I know our KDF Foundry authors are resourceful and would come up with something to make it work I was in the editor the other day and was looking at KDF door options and I saw the Orellius was an option. Is it not?

As for more sectors, this was touched on recently in the latest Priority One KDF interview for the question you asked: http://priorityonepodcast.com/wordpr...s-way-kdf-q-a/
Quote:
Q: Soriedem: Klingon Foundry missions are limited to two sector blocks. There is a definite lack of doors in any of the other areas of the galaxy. When will the Empire be released from these restrictions and be able to truly go out into the galaxy and explore strange new worlds?

STO Dev Team: This is a great point to raise! Currently, KDF missions can start in any of the following sector blocks: Omega Leonis, Eta Eridani, Orellius, and Pi Canis. While we cannot promise anything for the immediate future, we will be looking at how we can allow Klingon Foundry missions to start from doors that exist beyond these 4 sectors, and hopefully to all the sectors that Klingons can currently visit.
So, hopefully in the future

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 17
10-07-2012, 10:57 AM
You're right about Orellius. I didn't see it earlier, since my entry won't be taking place there. Selective vision and all - lol. I did see the response. I was just hoping that there would be some movement on it. It does limit storytelling opportunities, because how many times do we have to meet a battlegroup somewhere before going on a solo mission - lol
Rihannsu
# 18
10-07-2012, 11:42 AM
One Idea is to simply use a TW gateway at Qo'nos to go to the starting map. I'm considering doing so to reach the Gamma Quadrant.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 19
10-07-2012, 01:40 PM
I really hope people get a buzz of mine the same way I did playing 'Past Perfect'.
Though I hope I'm around to publish it more!... Being in the Armed Forces can really suck for a Trekkie!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
# 20
10-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Good luck everyone. I really like the premise here. I'll sit this one out, but I'll vote for a winner. These contests are fun.