Career Officer
# 41
10-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Guys, previous weekly updates have been far more informative than this, when there was less to talk about. I mean, you've spent a good portion of this thread discussing PvE.

I'd like to propose that somebody that actually plays STO take over for Makai. Forums and IMs can only get you so far. He's done great in the past, but this is just feeling totally half-assed.

Doff changes. Siphon fixes. Danube tuning. Stasis pistol resists. Feedback on the Temporal powers, and a promise of resists/counters.

And all of that in an environment where we finally FINALLY had some good back-and-forth with a Dev that seems to "get it" for the most part. This update really doesn't do this week any service.
except that doff changes, siphion fixes, danube tuning and the "promise of resists/counters" doesnt actually count for a weekly pvp update because they havent actually been done yet. and to be fair i did mention some of those things.

having a nice back and forth with a dev doesnt mean anything until something is acutally done about it. Too many past "promises" that have just disappeared with the wind...

nice proposal, feel free to write next weeks weekly update wed night/thursday morning is the best time, right after the tribble patch notes are released is a bit early (ive only done one update that early)

just lemme know so i wont make a duplicate thread, however if i dont get a notice ill make my usual "half-assed" PSA. (kinda like this game... hmmm...)

good day to you sir/madam.
Career Officer
# 42
10-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
Good point. I'd still like to see sci give up healing abilities and engy pick them up though. Sci should IMO be more cc based.
i remember in the past though how it was a sci that would delay the death (shield heals) and the engy that would perform cpr (hull heals)
Commander
# 43
10-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
i remember in the past though how it was a sci that would delay the death (shield heals) and the engy that would perform cpr (hull heals)
I remember those days as well. The versatility of universal ship powers has made it easy to heal both shields and hull on one platform now. Those days have come and gone I'm afraid.
Captain
# 44
10-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
Well its been a damn long time since i read a class description for a new toon, but perhaps they should it to reflect the heals being for self preservation so players aren't tricked into engy's.

Also need to remember that the majority of engies (or any other class) DONT pvp, so the biggest thing that's team oriented for them is a STF.

-------------------------------

It's the ships that trick new players into picking
Engineers, they see Kirks and Picards ships
Think to themselves , yes there the ship I want to
Fly they were great I'n the movies and series.

Then after leveling them up realize how poor a
Choice they made I'n there first STF or first
PVP most quit I'n the fleets I've been I'n when
They realize there a support / Co star and not the
Star of their own show.

The character creation screens need to be
More specific to the perks amd limitations
Of the three classes..... The same player would
Be more happy picking a Tac and a cruiser than
Picking a Engineer and a cruiser

Perhaps a difficulty level could be placed on the
Characters and ship selection for the classes
Of ships made more plain so someone won't pick
Engineer thinking he must pick that class I'n
Order to Caption a cruiser.
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 45
10-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Don't worry guys, we've got fancy tables for our Starbases now!

... and they're bugged to the point where they don't work. I'm shocked.
Star Trek Online: Where the Developers would rather have you pay for the same ship over and over again instead of addressing (by their own admission) heavy power creep and the real underlying issues, despite their assurances to do so.
Rihannsu
# 46
10-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
if they made the engie's 2 self heals castable on others, eng is fixed, undisputed king of healing. would just have to change a 0 to a 1 in a line of code for 2 powers, 3 if you throw in nadian too, and its done. least amount of work possible to make a nearly nonviable class the best at what its supposed to be the best at.
lol i like it, careful with your prediction though ,remember the thousand lines of code F@W fix....lost count of the iteration we're in, or the maco, those single lines of codes can be real buggers

bold part is all I'm asking for
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Rihannsu
# 47
10-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Except that Engineers are originally not supposed to be healers, but tanks. They have become healers because that's the least bad thing they can do in PvP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Lt. Commander
# 48
10-05-2012, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Except that Engineers are originally not supposed to be healers, but tanks.
Why do you think that engineers were supposed to be tanks?

This is Star Trek, not some fantasy MMO. While it makes sense that one can hold aggro against a dumb monster by taunting it so that the dumb monster won't go after the truly dangerous attackers, it makes no sense that one could reliably hold aggro against smart opponents without being a true threat.

Therefore the concept of tank simply should not work in Star Trek, not even in PVE.

(Yes, obviously the NPCs in this game are stupid, but in the context of the universe one would expect that the enemies are just as intelligent and cunning as the heroes and not all that easily distracted.)
Rihannsu
# 49
10-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
Why do you think that engineers were supposed to be tanks?
Because the game sais so?

And a tank is not just someone who can take damage, he is also a threat that needs to be removed and cannot be ignored. In games, this is usally achieved by giving them "attack me or be debuffed" abilities.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Rihannsu
# 50
10-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Well in the hope that Bort is reading this.

Check your data. Eng captains, working as intended, aka 3 sci 2 tacs premades working as intended?

MW does not clear GVP , which clears subsytems debuffs that ET covers, working as intended?
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 10-05-2012 at 05:23 AM.