Career Officer
# 1 crono mines
10-19-2012, 04:14 AM
ok, tired of these stupid 1v1 matches where a guy comes in and just keeps laying crono mines out. sure omega clears the debuff but wtf? arent damperns suppose to as well? i know people dont like 1v1 matches but it does help to keep dog fighting skills boned up.
i swear if its not some brain dead moron in team play killing 3 ships with just a few tric mines its the guy going into 1v1 using crono mines like its a form of skill. its in no way skill at all and i can list why. along time ago i could use csv on my target and blow the mines as well. now it seems csv passes right past tric mines and crono mines. cant tell you about the other mines because atm no reason to run other mines in team play but lame trics and 1v1 some guy thinks hes kirk sauce using cronos that just seem to debuff turn rates 24/7. least trics takes along time to lock on.
so is it me or is dampners not helping against crono proc? also it dont help against tb or vm. think it helps verse psw tho, and tbr. other then that is this a must have skill on an escourt? i have 6 points. but tractor pet spam still keeps me locked up for hours on end. crono just seems to keep me slowed and vm has the same duration no matter what.
Career Officer
# 2
10-19-2012, 05:19 AM
No, dampeners doesn't affect chrono procs. Least, not last time I checked. It was meant to have been fixed a while ago, but it wasnt'.

It shouldn't be helping against VM anyway. It's not a hold or slow. It's a disable.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Career Officer
# 3
10-19-2012, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
ok, tired of these stupid 1v1 matches where a guy comes in and just keeps laying crono mines out. sure omega clears the debuff but wtf? arent damperns suppose to as well? i know people dont like 1v1 matches but it does help to keep dog fighting skills boned up.
i swear if its not some brain dead moron in team play killing 3 ships with just a few tric mines its the guy going into 1v1 using crono mines like its a form of skill. its in no way skill at all and i can list why. along time ago i could use csv on my target and blow the mines as well. now it seems csv passes right past tric mines and crono mines. cant tell you about the other mines because atm no reason to run other mines in team play but lame trics and 1v1 some guy thinks hes kirk sauce using cronos that just seem to debuff turn rates 24/7. least trics takes along time to lock on.
so is it me or is dampners not helping against crono proc? also it dont help against tb or vm. think it helps verse psw tho, and tbr. other then that is this a must have skill on an escourt? i have 6 points. but tractor pet spam still keeps me locked up for hours on end. crono just seems to keep me slowed and vm has the same duration no matter what.
if someone chrono's you, you chrono them right back.

it may suck, but its a valid tactic. use faw to clear the mines or manually target them yourself. the more mine launchers hes running the less energy weapons hes running.
Career Officer
# 4
10-19-2012, 05:52 AM
I was being chronoed and that new set bonus from the temp set in a match just a while ago.

I think i'll slot a chron mine on autofire for my ship.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-19-2012, 06:09 AM
To the OP. All mines have changed. If you haven't adapted these many weeks later, that's not your opponents problem.

And if mines are why you lose, you would be wise to credit your opponents skill, otherwise it is a reflection of your skill...
Career Officer
# 6
10-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
No, dampeners doesn't affect chrono procs. Least, not last time I checked. It was meant to have been fixed a while ago, but it wasnt'.

It shouldn't be helping against VM anyway. It's not a hold or slow. It's a disable.
i remember borticus saying that skill would help against the proc, clearly its not. i have 6 points in it.i know vm is a disable but the skill says it it helps against it. really i cant see why i would want my escourt to even have points in this skill since the resist im looking for just does not work, ie, tb, vm and crno procs. if the guy is using tbr i can just hit brace for impact with an omega or just go out of range. but when tsi goes into the que and both tsi members are using the cat box with pets using tb and cronos, i expect that resist skill to help. yes i started my post on a rant, but its mostly a rant on a skill tree resist not working.
Career Officer
# 7
10-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echodarksided View Post
To the OP. All mines have changed. If you haven't adapted these many weeks later, that's not your opponents problem.

And if mines are why you lose, you would be wise to credit your opponents skill, otherwise it is a reflection of your skill...
so its a reflection of my skill that i used to use csv to clear mines and now that not possibly? really? faw hits stuff in cloak, csv will not. faw is broken. but csv used to target mines comming right at me with an emeny player ship infront of my cannon arch. now csv will still target the emeny player ship but the scatter seems to ignore the incomming mines.
so this is whats bothering me, the resist in skill tree not working and the fact if i just dont out right target the incomming mines csv will just pass by them.
Lieutenant
# 8
10-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
i swear if its not some brain dead moron in team play killing 3 ships with just a few tric mines its the guy going into 1v1 using crono mines like its a form of skill. its in no way skill at all and i can list why. along time ago i could use csv on my target and blow the mines as well. now it seems csv passes right past tric mines and crono mines. cant tell you about the other mines because atm no reason to run other mines in team play but lame trics and 1v1 some guy thinks hes kirk sauce using cronos that just seem to debuff turn rates 24/7.

You know Broken, if you had asked me, i would gladly have taken the 1 chron mine that i had equipped off that match.

@Minitrckin08

Jedi Master Yoda of Turkish RP Heros
Career Officer
# 9
10-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost1026 View Post
You know Broken, if you had asked me, i would gladly have taken the 1 chron mine that i had equipped off that match.

@Minitrckin08

Jedi Master Yoda of Turkish RP Heros
we just chatted in sto, please do not think this rant is on you. its more to people bending the system in thier favor? is that how i should word it? its really about many factores that i see happen in game and a skill i put 6 points into taht wasted a skill respec. just more dill to gather up is all. but really im sure that i listed my peve about faw, csv that targets a ship in arch, mines are in arch, but csv will not shoot thoes mines inless i target them and not the emeny ship in my cannon arch.
i should have just whent to my fleet leader to ask how i post my words since i cant seem to find the right words to use to get my point across.
but again very fun match, sure i hate the mines ( crono and trics) but fair play to you m8.a hard match is always fun. very lol to know we both had sub jump console on our ship and we both never used it.
for everyone that may read this how are you not mad that a skill tree resist to crono proc vm and tb just dont work? it does kill the time to get my system back tho when hit by psw and tric mines. so yes i am happy about that.

if i may list an example, go into pvp que, 2 carriers come in using tb pets and pets that spit out crono spam as well while another guy on the team is hitting you with vm with the vm doffs. so my 6 points into dampners are wasted because it does jeack of what it says it does? really? wtf?

Last edited by broken1981; 10-19-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Lieutenant
# 10
10-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
we just chatted in sto, please do not think this rant is on you. its more to people bending the system in thier favor? is that how i should word it? its really about many factores that i see happen in game and a skill i put 6 points into taht wasted a skill respec. just more dill to gather up is all. but really im sure that i listed my peve about faw, csv that targets a ship in arch, mines are in arch, but csv will not shoot thoes mines inless i target them and not the emeny ship in my cannon arch.
i should have just whent to my fleet leader to ask how i post my words since i cant seem to find the right words to use to get my point across.
but again very fun match, sure i hate the mines ( crono and trics) but fair play to you m8.a hard match is always fun. very lol to know we both had sub jump console on our ship and we both never used it.
for everyone that may read this how are you not mad that a skill tree resist to crono proc vm and tb just dont work? it does kill the time to get my system back tho when hit by psw and tric mines. so yes i am happy about that.

if i may list an example, go into pvp que, 2 carriers come in using tb pets and pets that spit out crono spam as well while another guy on the team is hitting you with vm with the vm doffs. so my 6 points into dampners are wasted because it does jeack of what it says it does? really? wtf?
we did, i posted this before we talked though