Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
10-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ertihan View Post
We still need two moderators. Please PM me if you're willing to volunteer for this duty. Please be aware that as a moderator you are not permitted to participate as a PvPer, to maintain neutrality.

Fleets and Teams Currently Participating
This list will be periodically updated as fleets/teams are formed.

Guide: Bold indicates definite participation, italics indicates potential participation, underline indicates individual participation, and * (star) indicates team leader.

Turkish RP Heroes - PaxOttomana has indicated TRP may participate, now awaiting team member names.

-X-treme - The following will be participating from -X-treme:
@nixtux *
@chaplin_charlie2011
@amidoinitright *
@spacepenguin121
@koopa27

Sad Pandas - The following are participating from Sad Pandas
@marctraider (MT)
@naz1911 (Naz)
@hurleybird (Jorf)
@bmr1580

SVR - The following are participating from SVR
@hellspawny
@redricky
@havam

Federation Emergency Services - guriphu has indicated FES may participate, now awaiting team member names.

Date and Time of Tournament
Note: The host (me, Hunter@ProjectOctober) is in Eastern Standard Time, just for reference.
Having spoken to some of the fleet leaders, it's been determined that this weekend is too soon; there is not enough time to prepare. For the time being, I have set the tournament date to be Saturday, October 13th. Time is to be determined, but I'm leaning toward 1:00PM, Eastern Standard Time.

If you want to sign up, please fill out the following form and post it in reply to this thread, and I will add you to the list:

Team <name>: - this will be your team's name. This is just a formality, to make it easier on me , so that I don't have to refer to you as "Naz and Jorf and ...". If you are not a fleeted team that's OK, that's what the next part's for, but you still need a team name, like "Pax's Team".

Team Members: - List the @handles of the members that will form your team. Please indicate which member of the team will serve as the team's leader (for organizational purposes).

Pledges: - Please indicate any pledged amounts of EC (if any). This is not a requirement, but if any participant would like to pledge some EC to the prize money, please indicate here the @handle of that participant and the amount of EC pledged.

Time Zones & Dates: - Please indicate here the best dates and times that your team can play. If possible, list several, because I'm going to be using this to pin down a time to host this thing.

Rules of the Tournament
Tier 1: The following Duty Officers and Consoles are banned as Tier 1. No captain participating in this tournament is permitted to carry any number of these.
- Subnucleonic Beam Duty Officer
- Siphon Drones
- Plasmonic Leech
- Aceton Assimilator
- Graviton Pulse

Tier 2: The following Duty Officers and Consoles are restricted as Tier 2. A team (of 5) is only permitted to carry one of these.
- Antimatter Spread
- Theta Radiation Vents
- Danube Runabouts (only one carrier is permitted to equip these. If the team has more than one carrier the other(s) MUST equip something else)

NOTE: each participant gets a say in the tournament rules. I am not interested in dictating these rules; I believe for everyone to have fun, they should have a voice in what rules they will be fighting under. These rules are subject to change until 48 hours before the tournament, at which point they will not be changed further.
Can you add @tick0 (Tick) and @USSEnterpiseZ (Bieber) to the Pandas please. Thanks in advance

Last edited by naz4; 10-07-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Commander
# 12
10-07-2012, 02:02 PM
What's the format for the competition? 5v5 Arena? Variable numbers based on who shows up?

Can we have more people on our roster than we actually bring to the fight, based on availability at the time of the actual fight?
Commander
# 13
10-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Critz is working on trying to get a team in there. If possible can you add us as tentative and throw my name in there. Any critz reading this should throw up your name to be added. Thanx
Banned
# 14
10-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Why is Plasmonic Leech even on the list for restricted items?

It's drain is not all that powerful, against any ship with Power Insulator ranks.
It's biggest boon is bonus power. Which you get fedside via Maco Shield.

I suggest you add Maco Shield to the list of Tier one items if you're going to ban Plasmonic Leech.

AMS is more problematic than leech is by far as well.
Career Officer
# 15
10-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Then you may as well ban KHG too, as they are arguably as good or better than maco

That being said, I don't care too much if plasmonic leech is allowed or not. I would rather not have it in, but it wouldn't be the end of the world either way.
Banned
# 16
10-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Then you may as well ban KHG too, as they are arguably as good or better than maco

That being said, I don't care too much if plasmonic leech is allowed or not. I would rather not have it in, but it wouldn't be the end of the world either way.
Nothing is better than a Resilient cap3, that has +10 SDR passive and +10 power levels anytime it's shot at. Nothing in a Shield anyway.
Career Officer
# 17
10-08-2012, 10:21 AM
For the way people currently play, definitely, but I'm thinking several steps ahead of that. I'm also thinking of the two piece KHG bonus with a full kinetic Wells build.
Banned
# 18
10-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
For the way people currently play, definitely, but I'm thinking several steps ahead of that. I'm also thinking of the two piece KHG bonus with a full kinetic Wells build.
Screw the wells

2 KHG is going to lose quite abit of durability. Mind you with as broken as the Wells and the Destroyer both are, it won't matter anyway.

Even down the line though the Maco is the superior shield. Especially once you start factoring in Bleed Builds. Like full on tranny torp Wells builds Every bit of Effective HDR will be a huge boon at that point. Resilient shields are why my Vorcha exists without hull heals and can still go toe to toe with DEM builds and trans torps. That effective bonus 50 percent HDR as long as the shield is up is just too good to pass up. (versus only 25 percent bonus HDR with a non resilient shield)

I never put my Res Cap 3 away on my Vorcha specifically because of the sheer amount of difference in bleed through damage. And it's proven every bit as tough as any ship especially in it's weight class that even runs KHG shields because of the sheer power of Resilients. If I had a Maco on my klink ship I'd be having an Orgasm everytime I got shot at. (where as now I only have an orgasm every time I kill someone in my vorcha )

I've been running Resilients for the last two and a half years squarely because of that. As long as I can keep my shields going, it takes very minimal effort to keep my hulls going.

Last edited by ghostyandfrosty; 10-08-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 19
10-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
Screw the wells

2 KHG is going to lose quite abit of durability. Mind you with as broken as the Wells and the Destroyer both are, it won't matter anyway.

Even down the line though the Maco is the superior shield. Especially once you start factoring in Bleed Builds. Like full on tranny torp Wells builds Every bit of Effective HDR will be a huge boon at that point. Resilient shields are why my Vorcha exists without hull heals and can still go toe to toe with DEM builds and trans torps. That effective bonus 50 percent HDR as long as the shield is up is just too good to pass up. (versus only 25 percent bonus HDR with a non resilient shield)

I never put my Res Cap 3 away on my Vorcha specifically because of the sheer amount of difference in bleed through damage. And it's proven every bit as tough as any ship especially in it's weight class that even runs KHG shields because of the sheer power of Resilients. If I had a Maco on my klink ship I'd be having an Orgasm everytime I got shot at. (where as now I only have an orgasm every time I kill someone in my vorcha )

I've been running Resilients for the last two and a half years squarely because of that. As long as I can keep my shields going, it takes very minimal effort to keep my hulls going.
im the proud new owner of a fleet resistant shield on my vorcha, ended up getting the one that have 15 resists to phaser, polaron and tetryon weapons, you know the most common and/or dangerous? seemed a bit more useful then an extra 10 regeneration. LOVE it so far, i might even be able to drop a hull heal and put EWP on it after all.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 20
10-08-2012, 02:17 PM
If there are any teams short a man (Jem'Hadar Attack Ship/ TAC) give me a shout will you! @drkfrontiers