Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
10-09-2012, 06:23 AM
In answer to your questions: yes, you can have more than 5 on your team, but the excess of 5 will be your reserve. This will be a 5v5 so you will have to decide at tournament time who will actually be on your roster, or if you will rotate.

Like I said, most of the "banned" items will be up for consideration, this is not a hard-and-fast list (yet). I will try to take all opinions into consideration, and I will adjust the ban-list accordingly.

Important Note: I will likely be changing the format of the ban-list shortly to just be a straight-up "these things are banned", and remove the tier system. As interesting as the tier system is, I've been told (and I agree) that enforcing it would be almost impossible.
Rihannsu
# 22
10-10-2012, 01:10 AM
I withdraw from the event due to patchnotes. I doubt that SVR will still field a team, I'm out
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 23
10-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
I withdraw from the event due to patchnotes. I doubt that SVR will still field a team, I'm out
if this is the same game i saw online asking about it then on vent asking about it, i think warned him that all the previous tournys failed because of cryptic's shorthanded patches.

good job cryptic for ruining a community event before it even starts.
Community Moderator
# 24
10-10-2012, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ertihan View Post
We still need two moderators. Please PM me if you're willing to volunteer for this duty. Please be aware that as a moderator you are not permitted to participate as a PvPer, to maintain neutrality.
Still need a moderator? I can make the time Saturday, just let me know what you need me to do.

Also, I'll let my FSF fleet Shadowcats know about this, there's a few who like to PvP so they may be interested in forming a team.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Captain
# 25
10-10-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Rather than withdraw from the tournament, i strongly suggest that the tournament be postponed until all parties fully understand the implications of these system changes.

It would also afford the organiser more timeto get the relevant infrastructure for the tournament in place rather than being rushed into it.

I personally want this to become a community diarised event so i on behalf of the Pandas really want it to succeed.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 10-10-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Lieutenant
# 26
10-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Rather than withdraw from the tournament, i strongly suggest that the tournament be postponed until all parties fully understand the implications of these system changes.

It would also afford the organiser more timeto get the relevant infrastructure for the tournament rather than being rushed into it.

I personally want this to become a community diarised event so i on behalf of the Pandas really want it to succeed.
Agreed, Naz. I'm postponing the tournament until we can get a handle on this patch. *sigh* Cryptic, why do you do this to us?

kalecto, thank you for your kind offer. Please respond with your @handle when you can so I can add your name to the mod list. Hopefully, you'll still be available the week after, as due to Cryptic's wonderful patch schedule I am going to have to postpone it one more week.

Borticus, if you guys are releasing another patch on the week of the 20th, please let us know .

Havam, please don't withdraw . I know the patch sucks, but this event could still be fun! I'll give everybody one more week to prepare, so please consider staying in!

Last edited by ertihan; 10-10-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 27
10-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Perhaps it might be a good idea for the teams to get together regardless and still setup some matches for some fun pew pew? Test/brainstorm amongst each other and at least get some good pew pew in since we've all cleared our schedule anyway.

That's more the point of these events over showing who has the biggest swinging ****.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo - Didn't watch your stream but was told about it by a little birdie. Since you want this public and all. Lulz. BTW we never wish death on any of you. And wanting a fight so you aren't pugstomping isn't a crime. kkthxbai Hai Pax, Priest, Neo.
Lieutenant
# 28
10-10-2012, 07:00 AM
I don't have a problem with hosting a practice tournament. I don't have the resources to offer any sort of prize for winning this, though, so it'll just be, as you say, fun pew pew.

Anybody who wants to join in is free to do so. This is completely casual, although I'd recommend we still follow the rules of the tournament so as to make the practice meaningful, but I'm open to lifting restrictions if enough people request it.
Empire Veteran
# 29
10-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ertihan View Post
I don't have a problem with hosting a practice tournament. I don't have the resources to offer any sort of prize for winning this, though, so it'll just be, as you say, fun pew pew.

Anybody who wants to join in is free to do so. This is completely casual, although I'd recommend we still follow the rules of the tournament so as to make the practice meaningful, but I'm open to lifting restrictions if enough people request it.
Sounds like a plan. If voice comm is needed -X-treme TS is available upon request. I'm sure most from -X-treme will attend if not all, and perhaps a couple others may be available.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo - Didn't watch your stream but was told about it by a little birdie. Since you want this public and all. Lulz. BTW we never wish death on any of you. And wanting a fight so you aren't pugstomping isn't a crime. kkthxbai Hai Pax, Priest, Neo.
Commander
# 30
10-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post

It would also afford the organiser more timeto get the relevant infrastructure for the tournament in place rather than being rushed into it.

These patch notes are big time changes. I agree, we should postpone.

It will also give October more time to organize his tournament to a point it will be a very smooth event.