Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 31
10-10-2012, 08:45 AM
I Was So Looking Forward To This :c

Thx Cryptic For Blowing Up The Last Thing We Have That Adds Something To This Pvp Other Then Your Horrible Queue System With 3 Pvp Maps.

Nice postpwned spam guys.

Bye.

Mt
Banned
# 32
10-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I'm not personally privy to our exact patching schedule, but I'll look into it.

I'm fairly certain that this weekend is a good time for it, actually. Not a lot of time to plan, though.
I just want this here for posterity.

You guys just buy mechwarrior and leave this trash pile of a game.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post

You guys just buy mechwarrior and leave this trash pile of a game.
I believe that was actually in reference to last weekend. Now we know why the big emphasis on being that particular weekend though.
Commander
# 34
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I think Critz opted out. But I think they did on the "unofficial" post. I don't think they know you pushed it till the next patch comes out..

Please include AMS onto that list, not because it's annoying but it bugs out your evasive when one goes off.

As for the 45 minute rule, I think there shouldn't be a time limit. It makes a match all the more epic and "real" in terms of endurance of a well put together team. If people buckle under pressure after 45 minutes, then that's an area they can work on.

How about we accommodate the Critz guys with special time frame for them to play on?

Of course your tournament structure would have to be based on a point system.

So determine how many matches each team will play, schedule the Critz to play the teams available at applicable times. In which they'll have their games played already and be set aside to either elimination or playoffs or finals w/e you want to do after that.

But of course, if they're ok with this.

I'm thinking 3 matches, so they'll most likely play TRH, FES, and maybe XTreme since I think these three fleets are their time zone friendly.

So in order to advance to the next round you gotta score 2 wins?

I really want this thing to work, so let's try to break it down

Hypothetical

Group A Time Zone Mountain Time - Eastern
Critz
TRH
Xtreme
FES

Group B European
Angry Clowns
Elysion
Sad Pandas
TSI

So 3 wins makes you advance, and 2 wins makes you runner up? Anyway, at least it's something for you to work with.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 35
10-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
I try not to get too defensive around here, but here's the facts:

The aforementioned quote is from a post I made on Wednesday 10/3, indicating that last weekend would've been a good time for the tournament.

The patch that affected cooldown categories went live on 10/10, after that weekend had come and gone.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
# 36
10-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:

The aforementioned quote is from a post I made on Wednesday 10/3, indicating that last weekend would've been a good time for the tournament.

The patch that affected cooldown categories went live on 10/10, after that weekend had come and gone.

Exactly well said.

I also don't think we should be basing tournaments around patches... frankly if your not good enough to adapt your team builds within a day or so... you where not going to be winning anyway.

I don't think this last patch should really effect team builds much anyway.
Ensign
# 37
10-12-2012, 03:58 PM
We the 106th might join but I cant say that to 100% yet. Some of us might need to work or have other things to do. We hope we can join in on the fun tho.

Galilleos
Banned
# 38
10-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:

Some warning would have been nice. especially incase of an emergency reschedule of an event. Or in this case patch side.
Commander
# 39
10-15-2012, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ertihan View Post
kalecto, thank you for your kind offer. Please respond with your @handle when you can so I can add your name to the mod list. Hopefully, you'll still be available the week after, as due to Cryptic's wonderful patch schedule I am going to have to postpone it one more week.
Handle: @Alecto
Commander
# 40
10-15-2012, 09:01 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto

Last edited by kalecto; 10-16-2012 at 04:23 AM.