Captain
# 11
10-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Crew dosn't matter, in STFs borg torps and exploding ships will wipe most of it out anyway, and in pvp theta radiation everywhere does it even faster if the torps dont do it first. I think most people just ignore crew and accept it will be all or mostly dead the whole time.

The Fleet Star cruiser is probably the best tank/ healer Fed side, the free oddy isn't as good. The Sci oddy or Eng oddy can tank about as good but costs more and has slightly less hull, slightly more shields, less turnrate and universal boff slots. However the universals aren't so important as the Fleet Star cruiser has the ideal heal/tank layout and you would probably need to use the universals for a same or similar layout on the oddy anyway.

So if you just want the cruiser on one character the Fleet Star cruiser might be a slightly better choice and better price, but if you plan on using it on different characters from time to time maybe go with a sci oddy or eng oddy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Crew dosn't matter, in STFs borg torps and exploding ships will wipe most of it out anyway, and in pvp theta radiation everywhere does it even faster if the torps dont do it first. I think most people just ignore crew and accept it will be all or mostly dead the whole time.
So true. After every stf battle my crew is almost all dead in my Sci Oddy but I still survive. I think it's one of the least important stat in considering survivability.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-06-2012, 06:54 PM
I have a Tac Oddy. I don't use any consoles to prevent or help speed up recovery of my crew and I don't need too. You see, when I go to RED ALERT my crew all roll down the windows to get a better view and...yup hard vacuum solves the rest.

This issue has been a little pet peeve of mine about STO since my first Miranda back at launch. Crew should not be turned into paste unless the hull is below 50%.