Lieutenant
I found that Starbase Special Project planner can be unforgiving. In fact, it may act like a trap.

My fleet has taken Transwarp II special project in current slot, and Bartender project was put into the upcoming slot. I activate this project because I thought the slot looked empty, while the second special project is filled with other projects.

But, then I realized that Bartender project needs 250 dosi rogut and 250 romulan ale. So, I wanted to replace it with other special projects or just leave it empty, waiting for other special projects that are more doable.

Guess what, I cannot remove the Bartender project from the planner even though it's not active yet
What's going on? Can dev make the planner more user friendly?

I hope this could grab the attention of the dev so that something can be done.
Career Officer
# 2
10-05-2012, 09:06 AM
So where have you been last month?

I dont think there is a single sto player (but you) that doesn't know about that crazy bartender project by now. It went through the forums, all podcasts i can think of and so on...

thank god my fleet is DONE with that one, now i can sell my bottles on the exchange for some nice extra EC
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-05-2012, 09:10 AM
The only way you can remove or change a queued up special project is if you have something else available to swap it out with. My only advice I can offer is hurry up and unlock something else to swap in before your current project ends and pushes the bartender into the active project slot.

Raptr profile
Rihannsu
# 4
10-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
So where have you been last month?

I dont think there is a single sto player (but you) that doesn't know about that crazy bartender project by now. It went through the forums, all podcasts i can think of and so on...
Considering 90% of people dont read the forums on MMO's i would imagine there are thousands of people who either dont know or have walked into the barman project not knowing what to expect.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 5
10-05-2012, 10:32 AM
also a cancel button for future projects would be most welcome.

Career Officer
# 6
10-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Considering 90% of people dont read the forums on MMO's i would imagine there are thousands of people who either dont know or have walked into the barman project not knowing what to expect.
Well how about the zone chats...? STF team chats...? Or even the icons telling what you need BEFORE you queue it?

There is NO such thing as not being able to know in advance with these projects.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Rihannsu
# 7
10-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Well how about the zone chats...? STF team chats...? Or even the icons telling what you need BEFORE you queue it?

There is NO such thing as not being able to know in advance with these projects.
yes i know there are other ways that people might talk about it, and its quite easy to miss them too if you dont happen to be in the exact zone/channel when someone is talking about it, or have zone chat turned off. not everyone spends their lives in game or even bothers to use the channels.

and yes, you are right that the information is there, and yes its ultimately the players fault for not checking, but the barman project comes about half way through and its easy to become very lax in not bothering to check, or to have someone else select it , as in a fleet you sometimes have to rely on other people not to mess something up.

Survivor of Romulus
# 8
10-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah it can stuck to have such projects. Mine is the one that requires all those darn cannon turres. hate that. still not done.
Lieutenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
yes i know there are other ways that people might talk about it, and its quite easy to miss them too if you dont happen to be in the exact zone/channel when someone is talking about it, or have zone chat turned off. not everyone spends their lives in game or even bothers to use the channels.

and yes, you are right that the information is there, and yes its ultimately the players fault for not checking, but the barman project comes about half way through and its easy to become very lax in not bothering to check, or to have someone else select it , as in a fleet you sometimes have to rely on other people not to mess something up.
Thanks to back me up
Having an undo button is so simple even in our real life, we get this UNDO button in every software, from MS Windows to spreadsheet or other software you can name today.

So, come on , please STO developer, do something with this project thing. It just doesn't make sense to have a half-done application and blame the mistake to users. It's simply ILLOGICAL because the project is not even touched yet. What I'm referring here is project that WOULD be done after CURRENT project gets completed.

Again, I hope in the name of Vulcan logic, add a tiny tiny patch to allow us UNDO or RESET the upcoming project. Thanks ahead for the consideration.

Note: we are not in situation of WWII where we type with type writer and paper by which if things get wrong we must replace the whole paper with new one.