Rihannsu
# 11
10-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Sorry, but I seriously doubt someone who goes AFK to deal with a real life problem would have the stones to come back from their emergency just in time to "need" on all the gear drops. If they had an ounce of self respect, knowing they effed their team thru no fault of thier own, they'd pass on any gear.

And how do you explain AFK gear-needers on STFs like Cure Space, where the optional gear drops before the end of the mission? The emergency cleared up long enoigh for them to need on the optional loot but then re-occurs, forcing them to not help finish off the assimilated carrier?

The problem is real. Some a55clown players sit in STFs and suck down loot/dilithium while watching netflix. I'm fairly confident most of the AFKers fit this situation, and are not AFKing to deal with real life issues/emergencies.
Don't forget the peeps who need everything that drops even if it's a Betazoid Uttaberry!!!!

And yet don't contribute to the mission in any way.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-05-2012, 04:48 PM
There's not going to be any penalties for AFK players disrupting the enjoyment and gameplay of others. This is not a new problem in gaming, the TOS has clauses that relate to this practice, there is a " Report to GM " function, and yet, do we not see the same characters over and over in various Fleet Actions and STF ? Dealing with this frustrating behavior does not seem to be a priority.

Last edited by tvlar; 10-05-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Captain
# 13
10-06-2012, 08:35 AM
And what of us who do have to put the game aside in mid STF? Why should we be punished because something came up, for example single parents should they be penalised because they had to see to their child while they were doing an STF? if you ask me the answer is a resounding "NO!" perhaps you could change the end loot roll to drop by performance rather than by complete random
Career Officer
# 14
10-06-2012, 08:56 AM
It shouldn't be about punishing people who decide to go afk (for whatever reason).
It shouldn't be about designing parameters to assess if people are contributing against a meter.
It shouldn't be about having to run in private groups to eek out a measure of quality gameplay.

It should be about a group's consensus to kick a player as they see fit in line with a set of restrictions.

Quote:
- can't initiate a kick vote while engaging and shortly after defeating a major loot dropping boss/mechanic,
- can't initiate a kick vote if you've already exercised that ability more than X over Y period,
- can't initiate a kick vote if you've been flagged as a regular leaver of X groups over Y period,
- can't initiate a kick vote against a member who disconnects, before a X period is passed
- only X amount of members can be kicked per run
No amount of GM intervention, nor programmed assessment of contribution will ever be as good and balanced as a group's consensus. It is flawed, but not as flawed as those other options. And it is significantly better than what we currently have in place.

I continue to be perplexed at Cryptic's stance on ignoring this issue/choosing to maintain this situation.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
It shouldn't be about punishing people who decide to go afk (for whatever reason).
It shouldn't be about designing parameters to assess if people are contributing against a meter.
It shouldn't be about having to run in private groups to eek out a measure of quality gameplay.

It should be about a group's consensus to kick a player as they see fit in line with a set of restrictions.
I agree with this. Cryptic seems to go out of their way to make this game a single players dream, but STFs and Fleet actions are about the TEAM. If a player is afk then they should be kicked so another useful player can take their place. Most online games have it....hell Quake at it back in the day.

Problem with that though...there is some bad players that will just get kicked out of teams. You know...those rainbow cruiser guys that put out so little DPS they probably had to work at it to make a build that bad. They won't get any sympathy though....they are just as bad as AFKs in my opinion.
Rihannsu
# 16
10-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
And what of us who do have to put the game aside in mid STF? Why should we be punished because something came up, for example single parents should they be penalised because they had to see to their child while they were doing an STF? if you ask me the answer is a resounding "NO!" perhaps you could change the end loot roll to drop by performance rather than by complete random
If you're in that situation, say something to the team. They'll be a lot less interested in blowing you to bits. Also, people in that situation typically don't display the number one annoyance factor. Namely rolling Need on every peice of loot without actually fighting, usually without ever saying anything at all.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 17
10-06-2012, 07:04 PM
I'n cure bust a cube allow kang to be destroyed

I'n kitometer allow 10 probes to get by the mission fails

I'n infected bust 2 generators get spheres to follow you
To the afker sift all power to shields and auxiliary it should attack the afker
Who will have a higher power to weapons than you

Other than that there is nothing you can do

Talk to the other players you can leave without penalty after the optional
Fails on any STF without lever penalty
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci
Lieutenant
# 18
10-11-2012, 08:19 AM
2 words...vote kick

no leaver penalty as this will cause major grefing but no loot/Dil either
Looking for a great fleet, then try the UFP/House of Kular, visit ufplanets.com for more info
-----------
A forum post should be like a woman's skirt, long enough to cover the subject matter but short enough to keep things interesting.