Captain
# 91
10-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
Indeed. In fact, there was a time when four Daleks could have conquered the Earth
Against Earth yes, but I get the impression that 4 up against 3 million Cybermen wouldn't have gone as well as Sec's posturing, that's why they needed the Genesis Ark.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 92
10-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Against Earth yes, but I get the impression that 4 up against 3 million Cybermen wouldn't have gone as well as Sec's posturing, that's why they needed the Genesis Ark.
One shot from a Dalek finished them off, and Cybermen weaponry couldn't get through their forcefields
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Captain
# 93
10-15-2012, 03:03 AM
Quote:
One shot from a Dalek finished them off, and Cybermen weaponry couldn't get through their forcefields
Are you sure, I don't think that the Genasis Ark Daleks had sheilds, just the Cult.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

Captain
# 94
10-15-2012, 03:10 AM
I have little Dr. Who knowledge, but I suspect that the intelligence factor is going to be the decider here.

Simply put, the intellect of the Borg is described by two maxims:

1. Nobody is as smart as all of us.
2. Nobody is as stupid as all of us.

The groupthink would be their undoing, as being attacked by too many geniuses at once might well end up breaking them (or at least stalemating them), particularly since it's entirely possible that as the Borg adapt to new things they may be rendering themselves highly vulnerable to already-adapted attacks. I could see the Daleks leading the Borg around on a merry goose chase along these lines.

Plus frankly the Borg are far too single-minded. Their strategy for invading Earth:

Collective: We want to assimilate humanity. Let us assimilate one of their greatest to facilitate that and learn of humanity.
Picard: Humanity will resist assimilation to the last man or die trying.
Collective: Obviously despite current evidence strongly to the contrary the correct approach is to show humanity a forcibly assimilated member of their species preaching about their powerlessness to avoid this fate. Surely this cannot possibly backfire, reinforcing humanity's revulsion at assimilation, encouraging them to create powerful technologies to destroy us, and turn our forced informant into our worst nightmare. Right?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, good luck with that...
Captain
# 95
10-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Are you sure, I don't think that the Genasis Ark Daleks had sheilds, just the Cult.
All Daleks have shields, going back to Series one of the 2005 series
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

Captain
# 96
10-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
All Daleks have shields, going back to Series one of the 2005 series
Are you sure, some of the Daleks from Bad Wolf that got inside the TARDIS didn't, neither did some of Davroses in Stolen Earth (the ones taken out by Mirror!Torchwood 1).

Captain
# 97
10-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Are you sure, some of the Daleks from Bad Wolf that got inside the TARDIS didn't, neither did some of Davroses in Stolen Earth (the ones taken out by Mirror!Torchwood 1).
Go back to the first series, rewatch Dalek and The Parting of ways, clearly shows Dalek's with Shields that disintegrate bullets

Captain
# 98
10-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Go back to the first series, rewatch Dalek and The Parting of ways, clearly shows Dalek's with Shields that disintegrate bullets
I know most of them did, but the ones in the TARDIS can't have done.

Captain
# 99
10-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
I know most of them did, but the ones in the TARDIS can't have done.
That is a difficult one to explain, methinks a continuity error

Captain
# 100
10-15-2012, 12:17 PM
The ones in parting of ways clearly diod yet they still get blown up. Dalek sheilds are like any sheild, hit them hard enough and they go down. Why do you think the entire power supply of Jack's gun, (which by the name is probably a really heavy duty personal side arm for use agains't the general species of the galaxy), the Daleks just take that much raw punch to reduce for scrap, indeed it survived the beam for a few fractions of a second.