Starfleet Veteran
# 11
10-07-2012, 08:51 AM
The Daleks would win, they bult a bomb that could destroy the universe for pete's sake.

the Borg can't even assimilate an organization their more advanced then, what makes you think they can take one someone MORE advanced than them?
Captain
# 12
10-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzilla View Post
The Daleks would win, they bult a bomb that could destroy the universe for pete's sake.
Not the Universe 'REALITY IT'S SELF' !

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
10-07-2012, 09:22 AM
The White Rabbit from Monte Python's Quest for the Holy Grail.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Captain
# 14
10-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
1 Dalek cases are made of a material that is (to quote the Doctor) "Nearly impervious to penetration"
I believe that Borg assimilation tubules have been described as being able to penetrate almost any substance... Dalek casings can be damaged, and if anything could do so, I believe it would be an assimilation tubule...

Quote:
2 Daleks are VASTLY more intelligent (individually and as a group)
I quite agree they are more intelligent, but I don't think that would equate to a tactical advantage..

Quote:
3 Dalek Nano swarm tech is AIRBORNE and Borg nano tech is Contact
Blood-borne nanoprobes would assimilate the swarm tech and re-purpose it into additional nanoprobes...

Quote:
4 Borg can adapt to damage only if the damage is SURVIVED
How do you mean? In all the instances of Feds on Borg so far, the first few phaser hits have taken down (and killed) individual drones, but within a few hits, the Borg adapt. I think in First Contact, the initial assault on engineering fired less than twelve shots before the drones adapted...

Quote:
5 Daleks have literally thousands of weapons
And the Borg could have billions of drones (and more recruits available all the time )

Quote:
6 Daleks have advanced time and dimensional travel
"You are the First Borg?? EXTERMINATE " Game over
Yes, that is true, but not really any fun

Quote:
7 Borg are a race of losers (Janeway beat them , piccard beat them , NEELIX can beat them) Daleks are a Race of Winners (other than when facing the Doctor)
Only due to dramatic requirements for the Good Guys to win...

Quote:
8 finally The Daleks come from the OLDER franshise and thus have a larger fan base
Irrelevant, but lol...
Captain
# 15
10-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzilla View Post

the Borg can't even assimilate an organization their more advanced then, what makes you think they can take one someone MORE advanced than them?
Only because of dramatic requirements... If the Good Guys didn't have to win, I think that the Federation would've been assimilated long ago (In Trek Years)
Captain
# 16
10-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Considering the Daleks demolished the Cybermen and the Cybermen are currently demolishing the Borg, I don't think the Borg will be a threat at all to the Daleks. It'll just be another chance for the Daleks to perform more "Pest Control"
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
10-08-2012, 01:52 AM
the blood carried nanites can't assimilate a DALEK (the blood of a Dalek is behind several inches of ARMOUR and a self destruct system

Dalek nanoswarm however assimilates on contact

"WE are the BORG (pause) ADVANCE for TOTAL DALEK SUPREMACY"

That fast
Captain
# 18
10-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Quote:
the blood carried nanites can't assimilate a DALEK (the blood of a Dalek is behind several inches of ARMOUR and a self destruct system

That fast
That is indeed if Daleks even have blood.

Comparing the Borg and Daleks is like comparing the Borg to Q, try something more similar, like the Borg vs the Cybermen or Sontarans.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 19
10-08-2012, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
Considering the Daleks demolished the Cybermen and the Cybermen are currently demolishing the Borg, I don't think the Borg will be a threat at all to the Daleks. It'll just be another chance for the Daleks to perform more "Pest Control"
In what reality? Cybermen wouldn't pose much threat to the Borg at all... What've they got? In built energy weapons which the Borg would adapt to within a dozen shots... After that, they would be quickly assimilated...
Captain
# 20
10-08-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:

That fast
Assimilation tubules go through armor... Drones can also use them to interface directly with technology... Even if the initial attack did not reach the Dalek itself, it would not be hard for the drone to simply take over the casing and make it power down, exposing the Dalek inside and then assimilating the Dalek directly...

While I agree the Daleks are powerful and resourceful, I think the Borg are more so, and better equipped to deal with a Dalek one on one, than a Dalek would be to deal with a Borg one on one...