Captain
# 31
10-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
If poison gas isn't an issue (and I agree, drones may not breathe, let alone need to) that would also effectively nullify any risk from the Dalek nano swarm
But the fact that it's also a mechanical entity it could convert another machine easier than an organic body, so it may not need to be breathed in by the Borg.
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Captain
# 32
10-08-2012, 07:37 AM
A few points:

1. The daleks are surrounded by a feild that littrially vaporises anything that comes too close if they ant it to, getting tubes past that would be awful tricky.

2. Borg sheilds have been shown to be vulnrable to brute force atacks, it's not very efficent but given some of the things we've seen the daleks pull i figure they could do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Yes but they where winning, plus I can count 3 Time Lords that escaped the Time War (The Doctor, The Master, the Corsair), and Millions of Daleks (Last Dalek, Emperor Dalek, Cult of Skaro, Davros and the Crucible, Pangram Daleks, Genesis ARC Daleks, Dalek Parliament, the Daleks on The Asylum).

I think it's safe to say from "The End of Time" that the doctor was aiming at his fellow Time Lords first and foremost, the Daleks where handy collatoral.
Captain
# 33
10-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
But the fact that it's also a mechanical entity it could convert another machine easier than an organic body, so it may not need to be breathed in by the Borg.
Do you think? Given nanoprobes can restore and resurrect a drone after a hundred years, it's clear that they're resilient and highly efficient. As mentioned before, the nano swarm operates much more slowly than nanoprobes, so any damage/infiltration would likely be repaired by the nanoprobes before the nano swarm could take effect due to the differences in operational speed.
Captain
# 34
10-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Do you think? Given nanoprobes can restore and resurrect a drone after a hundred years, it's clear that they're resilient and highly efficient. As mentioned before, the nano swarm operates much more slowly than nanoprobes, so any damage/infiltration would likely be repaired by the nanoprobes before the nano swarm could take effect due to the differences in operational speed.
Yes but we've only seen it's effect on organic matter, it could work a lot quicker on mechanical matter.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
Captain
# 35
10-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
A few points:

1. The daleks are surrounded by a feild that littrially vaporises anything that comes too close if they ant it to, getting tubes past that would be awful tricky.
That's certainly a possibility... Assimilation tubules are described as being able to penetrate all known armor and energy fields. It's possible that Dalek fields may be impervious to them, but equally possible they may not be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
2. Borg sheilds have been shown to be vulnrable to brute force atacks, it's not very efficent but given some of the things we've seen the daleks pull i figure they could do it.
Absolutely, if anyone/thing could realistically stand up to the Borg, it would be the Daleks
Career Officer
# 36
10-08-2012, 08:30 AM
So an upturned pepper pot with a sink plunger and a ray gun running around on my mum's sofa castors and stuck together with mr Pritt can take on a galaxy of assimilated drones numbering in the trillions with assimilation technology and the knowledge of most of the races in the galaxy? yeah right.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 37
10-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Me personally think the borg would win. Yes the Daleks have time travel but I can't imagine anything winning the borg if they couldn't use stairs (I believe the Daleks have got a way around that now)
Captain
# 38
10-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
So an upturned pepper pot with a sink plunger and a ray gun running around on my mum's sofa castors and stuck together with mr Pritt can take on a galaxy of assimilated drones numbering in the trillions with assimilation technology and the knowledge of most of the races in the galaxy? yeah right.
Yeah because trillions of ultimate killing machines couldn't kill a bunch of guys covered in plastic sheets, silly leather bits, and far too much make up, with ships made of model aeroplane sprue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Me personally think the borg would win. Yes the Daleks have time travel but I can't imagine anything winning the borg if they couldn't use stairs (I believe the Daleks have got a way around that now)
ELEVATE!

Lieutenant
# 39
10-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Daleks have been able to get up stairs since the original series.

watch remembrance of the Daleks with Sylvester McCoy as the 7th doctor, if ya don't believe me.
Captain
# 40
10-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperiousspaced View Post
Daleks have been able to get up stairs since the original series.

watch remembrance of the Daleks with Sylvester McCoy as the 7th doctor, if ya don't believe me.
Even earlier than that, in the Jon Pertwee era story Planet of the Daleks they used antigrav platforms to climb a shaft
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.