Captain
# 81
10-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Borg Assimilate Daleks
Then Daleks take control of the Hive and send their new Borgliks out to Assteminate the universe.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Career Officer
# 82
10-12-2012, 02:10 PM
In my mind, it comes down to two questions:
1: Can an assimilation tubule penetrate Dalekanium?
2: If Dalekanium can be pierced, would the nanoprobes take control before the self-destruct system activated?
If the answer to either of these questions is "No," then the Daleks would almost certainly emerge victorious. If both answers are "Yes," however, then the Borg would have a shot (unless the Daleks just went back in time and eliminated them from existence...).
Before the forum merge, there were those who called me... MaxSpock
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=/\= Remember AR-558 =/\=
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lieutenant
# 83
10-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalmaxspock View Post
In my mind, it comes down to two questions:
1: Can an assimilation tubule penetrate Dalekanium?
2: If Dalekanium can be pierced, would the nanoprobes take control before the self-destruct system activated?
If the answer to either of these questions is "No," then the Daleks would almost certainly emerge victorious. If both answers are "Yes," however, then the Borg would have a shot (unless the Daleks just went back in time and eliminated them from existence...).
Well, given that you see Daleks in 'sleep mode' for lack of a better term, it seems that regardless, if a drone happened upon one, it'll have plenty of time to assimilate it.

Given that the Doctor (and others) can basically just flip the lid open on a Dalek, I don't see why a drone wouldn't be able to get inside. Unless jars are actually the Borg's greatest enemies.

How many Daleks have ever been shown to self-destruct as a result of some kind of infection, like the Movellan Virus? Or even capture? Would they really be immediately aware of what those nanoprobes are doing, or simply presume that as they are supreme, they shall be fine?

As for the nanoswarm, it'd be nanoprobe vs nanite, and there's far more nanoprobes in a Borg than Dalek nanites would be getting it. The Dalek nanites would likely be assimilated, which make then lead to something similar to Infected and Cure, with airborne nanoprobes.

The main weapons that the Dalek's would have against the Borg is their superior command of time travel, and weapons like the Crucible. Anything else, and the Borg will adapt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcapulet View Post
Borg vs Dalek, didn't this spin through as Dalek vs Cybermen?
But Cybermen don't adapt Also comparitively speaking, they really suck at assimilation compared to the Borg, especially when it comes to assimilating knowledge and overriding a person's personality.
Captain
# 84
10-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustychat View Post
As for the nanoswarm, it'd be nanoprobe vs nanite, and there's far more nanoprobes in a Borg than Dalek nanites would be getting it. The Dalek nanites would likely be assimilated, which make then lead to something similar to Infected and Cure, with airborne nanoprobes.
I personally think this one, between Nanites, would be a draw or a Dalek win, considering that a Nanoswarm's job is to change anything, living or dead, into a Dalek puppet, and that a Nanoprobe can be reprogrammed by an EMH, I don't think a Nanoswarm would have all that much difficulty doing it as well
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Captain
# 85
10-13-2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Given that the Doctor (and others) can basically just flip the lid open on a Dalek, I don't see why a drone wouldn't be able to get inside. Unless jars are actually the Borg's greatest enemies.
The docter et al have only been shown to be able to do that to damaged or disabled darlek's, an active darlek has a feild around it. s noted it's capable of vaporising stuff very quickly.

Quote:
Anything else, and the Borg will adapt.
it's been shown that even with adapted sheilds, enough focused firepower will cause them to fail. If anyone can bring that much it's the daleks.

Overall i'd expect more of a stalemate, but the daleks would probably win in the end IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 86
10-13-2012, 04:23 AM
Daleks are destoying universes and travelling through time.

The Borg just cant compete with them.
Lieutenant
# 87
10-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
The docter et al have only been shown to be able to do that to damaged or disabled darlek's, an active darlek has a feild around it. s noted it's capable of vaporising stuff very quickly.
Usually yes, but there have been other times when a fully functional Dalek has been opened up by an enemy. Not in the new series as far as I know, but in the older series. First one that springs to mind is the Renegades vs Imperial Daleks, when Davros had his brainwashed humans open up Imperial Daleks so they could be converted to his side. It's worth noting I suppose, that he was also using cybernetics as part of the process, intergrating the Kaled mutant into the Dalek shell more completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
it's been shown that even with adapted sheilds, enough focused firepower will cause them to fail. If anyone can bring that much it's the daleks.

Overall i'd expect more of a stalemate, but the daleks would probably win in the end IMHO.
Well yes. I doubt a drone would be surviving a direct blast from a ship's cannon any time soon. Even cubes don't really seem to adapt to a ship's weapons. But whether or not a group of Daleks' gunsticks would be sufficient to be able to overpower any adaption. Their own capital ships are another matter entirely of course.

Also if you're basing it on the Enterprise episode Regeneration, then you can put the Borg's adaption being overcome by boosting the power of the phase pistols down to the simple fact that there were only a handful of drones to process the data for adaption.

In the end though, I do agree with you. The Daleks would probably win in the end, even without resorting to time travel or using the Crucible or any other ultimate weapons they had/have. Daleks are incredibly intelligent. They develop their own technology and are experienced in warfare far more than most races combined. If the Federation might be able to overcome the Borg, the Daleks should too. The Dalek's biggest hurdle would probably be their own hubris.
Captain
# 88
10-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Nah the basing is down to the fact that we see this we cube sheilds in a voyager episode. Sheilds are sheilds, what applies to ship sheilds will apply to personal sheilds. The maion thing that makes me think the daleks could do it would be their littile AAA run in season 5 New series. Personal wepaons in ST have never shown themselves to be able to hit hard enough to reduce even a WW2 single engined aircraft to a fireball. Maybe knock it down yes, but not that level. That implies a peak capacity of staggering proportions by ST standards.
Captain
# 89
10-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Considering The Cybermen in Assimilation2 are handing the Borg their arses on a plate, it seems that the Daleks could with a fraction of their forces.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 90
10-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Considering The Cybermen in Assimilation2 are handing the Borg their arses on a plate, it seems that the Daleks could with a fraction of their forces.
Indeed. In fact, there was a time when four Daleks could have conquered the Earth
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that