Career Officer
# 61
10-07-2012, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
He said 'indirect attempt'. That is the Reputation system, where both factions do missions involving the Romulans, trying to get them on their side.
The mere fact they're thinking along the lines of integrating the Romulans into an already existing faction is cause for concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
But like he said, it's an attempt. Nothing's been decided yet on if the Romulans will become another playable faction, or intergrated into a different faction.
That's what worries me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoncal View Post
It was unfortunate that we heard nothing about expanding the universe other than them adding another block for adding the Delta Quadrant (Note to Stahl: Don't forget we have Klingon's on a Delta Quadrant World - Voyager). Perhaps it is time that Cryptic hire someone with some good programing skills and find a way to represent the REAL ST Universe vs. what we are forced to accept.
We could actually do with three more blocks; one for the Tholians (directly below eta Eridani), another one for the Romulans (directly right of Iota Pavonis; requiring Level 4 diplomacy access) and, as you've stated, one for the Delta Quadrant species.

Should also state, good call you've made on the Delta Quadrant Klingons, though I'm not sure (seeing as they destroyed their ship and went to their new planet with little technology) that they'd be flying around in starships just yet. I'd like to see the Fen Damar; they weren't seen on screen, but were mentioned in End Game as lying somewhere between the edge of the Beta & Gamma Quadrant. Voyager lost a lot of crew when fighting them if I recall?

Also, Tier #6 ships. Lets be realistic about this guys, they're all going to cost us. The only freebee we might get out of it is the standard Odyssey Class (they'll probably upgrade the Odyssey to Tier #6 anyway).
Career Officer
# 62
10-07-2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
[font="Verdana"][color="SandyBrown"]I hope that we can upgrade our present ships to tier 6. But as i know the devs, they will make them way better than the ships we already have so we "have" to buy them to keep competitive.
Yeah, how many people are using tier 4 ships when there are tier 5's, it's gonna be the same when t6 hits the stores.
Empire Veteran
# 63
10-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstarswe View Post
Yeah, how many people are using tier 4 ships when there are tier 5's, it's gonna be the same when t6 hits the stores.
Its the nature of the beast... Its a business that provides services for us so for them to stay in the game and be employed and make money there is always going to be newer ships coming out that maybe slightly better than what we have because that is how the money is made.

The otherside to the token is there isn't enough playable content coming out vs ships being produced.
Lieutenant
# 64 On the outside looking in
10-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Complaints, complaints, complaints... are you listening Cryptic? I've been playing steady F2P for about a month and am at level 49 and all I see is a big fat brick wall when I hit 50. I am not going to sink money into this game at all until I feel its worth it. So far its been a great ride but its ridiculous to think what even the paying players have to put up with.

I'm pretty fair minded and realize that with me being an F2P player it is expected that I would have to pony up some kind of cash and I can live with that but what about these paying members that still have to chuck gobs of cash to get anywhere post level 50? If you are a gold member you shouldn't have to BUY anything. You have payed in and that should be enough, period.

Furthermore I to can see how this game is going to steadily drift away from Star Trek canon more and more unless Cryptic quits mucking things up. Its a "Star Trek Game", not a "trek-like game". Quit messing with it. Star Trek is at the very least a sacred part of science fiction mythology and media history going back half a century. Being in the "future" does give you some wiggle room but not enough to just start dumping races into bed with each other.

Finally I would just like to say that while I have practically yelled every word of this post at least a dozen times over the course of writing it I have attempted to be as calm as I can be. I understand that Cryptic has a business to run having worked as a manager many times. However allow this thought to sink in if you would; many many people including myself often shop at mom and pop stores even though they may have a smaller variety of items we wish to purchase because they often have a much higher quality standard in service and content. So ask yourselves this question, do you want to be the mega store that offers a lot of gimmicks but little substance, or do you want to deliver an enjoyable and unforgettable experience that good ole' Gene god rest him would shed a tear of joy over.

Thank you for your time,
-James-
Commander
# 65
10-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miloguy View Post
I just finished the undeen stuff,
will we see more of them ? and what about more romulan episodes,
theres a big trek universe with loads more episodes, im sure they could do more?
You can see the Undine at ESD, there is no doubt that Admiral Quinn is an Undine infiltrator.

Hopefully these new Romulan missions in season 7 will give some more information as. To what the Iconians are planning.
Empire Veteran
# 66
10-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswaggert View Post
You can see the Undine at ESD, there is no doubt that Admiral Quinn is an Undine infiltrator.

Hopefully these new Romulan missions in season 7 will give some more information as. To what the Iconians are planning.
I know their secret plans... Their whole mission is to flood the alpha quadrant with new currencies
Captain
# 67
10-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstarswe View Post
IF there where a way to upgrade them i am sure there would have been a lot of people who would still fly their T4 ships.

Thank you for reading or ignoring, depending on who you are.
Rihannsu
# 68
10-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Tier 6? To make current retrofits and lockbox ships useless? How about NO?
Career Officer
# 69
10-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
IF there where a way to upgrade them i am sure there would have been a lot of people who would still fly their T4 ships.
There are retrofit ships and fleet ships to represent some of the Tier #2, #3 and #4 ships already, so some people will be using earlier ships, just the newer versions of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taut0u View Post
Tier 6? To make current retrofits and lockbox ships useless? How about NO?
I expect the option to upgrade these ships will be available; it may cost a bit, but it would be idiotic not to include such a feature.
Captain
# 70
10-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I was planning on buying a couple of more C-Store ships soon. Unless you're willing to tell me that there will absolutely not ever be any T6 ships, I think I'll stick with what I've got.
Ditto. I hate to jump on the 'hating on the devs' bandwagon, because I have an idea of the pressures they're under. But I have bought:

* The Odyssey 3-pack
* Regent
* Excelsior-R
* MVAE
* Defiant-R

And I was considering the Intrepid-R or a KDF ship, but I'm not spending one more zen on ships until I find out that these aren't going to be useless (or end up sticking out like a T4 ship in an STF, which are technically not useless, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna use one like that).

Also - note that "upgrade per ship, per character" doesn't count here. Especially with something as expensive as the Odyssey, which has a design in three-pack form that encourages mixing/matching/experimenting with different hulls.