Quote:
Originally Posted by cptlankford View Post
I've been playing steady F2P for about a month and am at level 49
Wow...you're special.

Joined August 2009
Lieutenant
# 72
10-07-2012, 03:14 PM
... If they're upgrading and adding in T6... I request the Nova be bumped to T5 >.>
or at least the Rhode Island T_T
Captain
# 73
10-07-2012, 03:47 PM
...and nothing about ship interiors as usual.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Captain
# 74
10-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Q: (xxxhellspawnyxxx) The requirements for T3 Fleet Projects are very high. Are you planning on adjusting the system for smaller fleets, e.g. depending on the number of members?

Dstahl: We review the status of all Fleet Starbases on Holodeck regularly and have been adjusting project inputs and prices in some cases to find more balance given the progress different sized Fleets are making. In some cases, instead of reducing the inputs of projects, we have instead increased the abundance at which you receive inputs needed for projects. We will continue to adjust and monitor these numbers to ensure that all Fleets are making progress as expected over time. As we introduce a new Fleet Holding in Season 7, we will be making some additional adjustments on project requirements.
What the (fill in your obscenity here)!

Basically, instead of catering to smaller fleets and casual players, Perfect World pretty much told everyone to pound sand?

Quote:
Q: (zeuxidemus001) Any chance we will get the account bound STF tech drops?

Dstahl: The entire reward structure of the STFs is being revamped in Season 7 and being converted into the new Omega Fleet Reputation system. There will be an upcoming blog post that will explain the conversion that will be happening and how previous dropped items are being incorporated into the new personal advancement system. As such, the function of these items will be changing slightly and we do not intend to make them account bound, since they will directly be tied into personal advancement for the Captain who plays the STF. Check the website for more information about these changes as we get closer to Season 7.
What a long winded way of answering the question. Something about this Omega Fleet Reputation system scares me. Why the heck are the STF rewards not going to be account bound?

Quote:
Q: (jsalexan) Are you guys ever going to expand the system beyond Vice Admiral or is that it? If you are, is there a time-frame for this to happen?

Dstahl: We do expect to add another rank and skillpoint cap in the future, and we have continued plans to introduce new ways for your Captain to advance their career. For example, the upcoming Reputation system is designed to offer Captains an alternate way to personally advance the skills and abilities of your Captain. Before we can increase the skillpoint cap, we want to ensure that Fleets and current end-game content is where it needs to be and then we need to build out all of the new max level content. We don?t want to increase the skillpoint cap and add new ship tiers until we have plenty of challenges to face to make it worthwhile.
Why am I playing this again? Where the heck is the personal reward system?

Grinding five tiers of a fleetbase does not equal any type of personal achievement?

*runs down the street while laughing hysterically and uncontrollably*

Last edited by linyive; 10-07-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Captain
# 75
10-07-2012, 07:46 PM
I hate to say it but this month's ask cryptic was really disappointing to me. It just seemed like a lot of the answers given were terrible in regards to what people on the forums actually voiced opinions on. Rather than getting things made easier for grinding alts, we're getting more grinds and more currencies to grind for while facing the likely possibility that all the STF grinding we've done so far will be rendered "petty cash" in favor of a new system. A system that is in fact based off of the existing fleet system which in itself is still flawed and under construction.

A lot of what i saw was that currently we're in for a lot of unpopular additions and changes, and a lot of what people have been asking for isn't going to happen for another two or three seasons. It's not the first time we've seen this happen, but at the same time it kind of makes the game unplayable for a few months while they fix the bugs and adjust things that they shouldn't have done in the first place.
Ensign
# 76 Past episodes rewards
10-07-2012, 10:43 PM
In STO there were some in game episode reruns item rewards that I missed out on. Will we be able to have another chance the get those items when season seven is launched later this fall?
Captain
# 77
10-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskorya View Post
... If they're upgrading and adding in T6... I request the Nova be bumped to T5 >.>
or at least the Rhode Island T_T
The Nova has a T5 Fleet ship variant that you can purchase at your Fleet Starbase .
(assuming you're building one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
What the (fill in your obscenity here)!

Basically, instead of catering to smaller fleets and casual players, Perfect World pretty much told everyone to pound sand?
Yes .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 10-07-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Ensign
# 78
10-08-2012, 02:53 AM
Quick Question - are there any plans to change things so that we can switch between characters without having to log out and back in?
Life would be so much easier....
Captain
# 79
10-08-2012, 03:45 AM
My questions have never been answered
Would like to know if there is ever a plan to make a Mirror Universe Bridge so I can place it on my star cruiser even if there is a Zen charge
Empire Veteran
# 80
10-08-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
My questions have never been answered
Would like to know if there is ever a plan to make a Mirror Universe Bridge so I can place it on my star cruiser even if there is a Zen charge
You have to start out by saying your questions will not be answered and then you have to flame the answer giver any time you have the chance even though you honestly know he doesn't have much say in what happens.