Captain
The main #1 problem with all 3 ground sets is that it sucks when you HAVE to use the set weapon just to get the remodulator.

Please add the integral remodulator at FIRST STAGE rewards. Use any armor or shield from those sets and you get the integral remodulator. That allows you to stock 2 different weapons based on what you need.

OF gun is 1000000% useless against borg. Can't get through half a burst before you need to remodulate. The MACO sniper is strong but slow. You only need the sniper half the time. Best solution is an auto rifle and a pulsewave. KHG has a pulsewave, so it's so far the best set for flexibility -- you don't lose integral remodulator.

So, please.. PLEASE, I beg of you, change the ground set rewards to allow us this VITAL remodulator while allowing us the FLEXIBILITY to choose which weapons we need for which STFs. That, or allow us MORE weapons slots! 3, maybe 4. Hell, even most console games allow you 4 weapons.

Remodulators are in need of a vast overhaul of how they work and how the borg adapt. It's currently stupid/idiotic/ludicrous. That said, until such time as there is some change to the system, we need these remodulators to be more accessible.

So please stop making ground STFs tripple painful when it comes to borg. Give us the set remodulator at the first or second set reward stage. And give a major damage resistance to the third set, because even with a full 3/3 set these things are useless in most ground elite STFs.

Edit: OR as I think about it more, add 1 or 2 more weapons slots on the player. Either move remodulator to lower set combo, OR add more slots (or both, but this I doubt).
Career Officer
# 2
10-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I respectfully disagree with you.

Personnaly i think Remodulating weapons is a joke. I do it naturally by using the old free Remoduling device and it never really annoyed me. It simply is natural part of the game when fighting borgs, a sort of "feature" i guess...

The current set bonuses, the Shield Boost or Health/Stun cure are WAY more valuable to have than any remoduling tool you could ever think of imho.

Just sayin...
Commander
# 3
10-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
The main #1 problem with all 3 ground sets is that it sucks when you HAVE to use the set weapon just to get the remodulator.

Please add the integral remodulator at FIRST STAGE rewards. Use any armor or shield from those sets and you get the integral remodulator. That allows you to stock 2 different weapons based on what you need.

OF gun is 1000000% useless against borg. Can't get through half a burst before you need to remodulate. The MACO sniper is strong but slow. You only need the sniper half the time. Best solution is an auto rifle and a pulsewave. KHG has a pulsewave, so it's so far the best set for flexibility -- you don't lose integral remodulator.

So, please.. PLEASE, I beg of you, change the ground set rewards to allow us this VITAL remodulator while allowing us the FLEXIBILITY to choose which weapons we need for which STFs. That, or allow us MORE weapons slots! 3, maybe 4. Hell, even most console games allow you 4 weapons.

Remodulators are in need of a vast overhaul of how they work and how the borg adapt. It's currently stupid/idiotic/ludicrous. That said, until such time as there is some change to the system, we need these remodulators to be more accessible.

So please stop making ground STFs tripple painful when it comes to borg. Give us the set remodulator at the first or second set reward stage. And give a major damage resistance to the third set, because even with a full 3/3 set these things are useless in most ground elite STFs.

Edit: OR as I think about it more, add 1 or 2 more weapons slots on the player. Either move remodulator to lower set combo, OR add more slots (or both, but this I doubt).
+1. I happen to like the bonuses/appearance of the Omega set, but I can't stand its weapon, due to the Borg instantly adapting to it. I also hate that stupid, useless grenade launcher on the HG pulsewave; it looks and sounds cool as hell, but really doesn't do anything useful. I'd rather have a standard pulsewave any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'd be fine with a 3rd weapon slot; personally, this would be my preference. I don't do ground PVP (don't know anyone who does, actually), but I don't see how this would imbalance anything.

Still, either that OR the 2-piece remod bonus would be great, or a 3-piece bonus as long as there's a personal device that counts as part of the bonus (the remodulator itself could count at one part, maybe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tali9999 View Post
I respectfully disagree with you.

Personnaly i think Remodulating weapons is a joke. I do it naturally by using the old free Remoduling device and it never really annoyed me. It simply is natural part of the game when fighting borgs, a sort of "feature" i guess...

The current set bonuses, the Shield Boost or Health/Stun cure are WAY more valuable to have than any remoduling tool you could ever think of imho.

Just sayin...
Not sure if serious...
Career Officer
# 4
10-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
Best solution is an auto rifle and a pulsewave.
You do realize that the Omega Force gun IS a full auto rifle, right?
Commander
# 5
10-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matridunadan1 View Post
You do realize that the Omega Force gun IS a full auto rifle, right?
I think he meant *sniper* rifle and pulsewave.
Career Officer
# 6
10-09-2012, 10:51 PM
The grenade launcher is AWESOME and for once it makes for a different weapon than what we normally have.

If you can't use it effectively, i will simply reply that "You are doing it wrong".

My science officer use Tricorder scan to lower a pack resistance then launch a grenade from a LONG distance in them and often wipe out every Borgs in Elite but the Elite tactical ones...

Now if i wanted only to have a miserable normal small range Pulsewave rifle, then i could easily get one by exchanging a Prototype Borg salvage... But why woudl i want that?
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
10-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
I think he meant *sniper* rifle and pulsewave.
MACO sniper from ENT anyone for OF

i would be game for that...the MACO sniper looks like ****, not something i would want to use lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Empire Veteran
# 8
10-09-2012, 11:05 PM
You do realize that if you hit a bunch of borg with the pulsewave with one shot you are in the same boat as with the full auto, right? One or two shots against a pack of borg and you need to remodulate.

While I agree that the full auto isn't the best weapon to use against the borg thanks to it's high rate of fire, you can swap to your alternate weapon while your integral remodulator is on cool down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
I also hate that stupid, useless grenade launcher on the HG pulsewave; it looks and sounds cool as hell, but really doesn't do anything useful. I'd rather have a standard pulsewave any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
That Klingon Honor Guard grenade launcher is a great weapon, with which I have a good deal of success with. It gives non tactical captains a grenade, and is better at inflicting damage than a standard pulsewave secondary fire thanks to it's kinetic shield penetration which doesn't count against borg adapation. The problem I see with it, is that it puts other grenades on a cool down. A well placed shot can down a good portion of a mob of drones, thanks to flanking damage.

The M.A.C.O. battle rifle is another great weapon. long range and decent damage, with a good rate of fire.

I swap out my secondary weapon depending on the situation. I usually use a high density beam rifle for Knockback/repell or if I want to hit more than one at range I use the split beam rifle (both of the anti borg type). I swap out my secondary weapon depending on the situation.

___
Captain
# 9
10-09-2012, 11:56 PM
The MACO rifle sucks. Period. It's part of the totally unbalanced setup phasers and polarons have vs AP or disruptor. I can't get 1/3 way throug secondary fire before the damage stops and I need to remodulate. I can't because I just started firing. Also this is after I JUST remodulate. YOu have to do it every 2 seconds.

It sucks, period.

That said, full auto gives the best sustained DPS IMO. I'm not saying you need to secondary fire it all the time, but the 3-round burst does better damage than an equivelant high density beam or sniper. I dislike the sniper because it's specific use will depend on the tactical situation. It's not a great all-round rifle. The normal fire is way underpowered compared to the 3-shot "full auto" bursts.

I'm disappointed to hear the KHG pulsewave doesn't have the standard knockback mode. I was thinking it did.

I would rotate between any two of: Pulsewave, sniper, full auto, depending on my situation. I would LIKE to have all 3, and maybe a melee weapon, but I rarely carry melee because it's a liability more than anything because you can't switch weapons while in red alert.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
10-10-2012, 12:25 AM
I think you guys are using the Omega Force Autocarbine wrong. I use it on my Engineer, and it works like a charm.

The problem is people don't time the Autocarbine right when it comes to remodulation. The firing time for the the full auto is rather long -- which is probably intentional. The idea is as soon as you remod, you hit the secondary fire without hitting primary fire at all. Once you're done with your full auto, you have time for 1 or maybe 2 shots from the primary fire before they adapt. Obviously you're expected to use your kit powers or innate captain powers in between these things as well. By the time you do that, your integral remodulator should be completely off cooldown.

In all, it's not so different from the KHG Rifle or MACO Sniper Rifle. They'll adapt quickly if you fire over and over and over again as fast as possible, and use your secondary fire without discrimination. But if you time your shots, mentally have it in your head how long it takes to fire the secondary mode on any of the 3 STF weapons, and use your kit powers or captain powers intermixed, you'll find using the integral remodulator isn't that big of a deal.

The autocarbine is fine as is, the problem is players who fire the primary fire mode 2 or 3 times, THEN use the secondary fire and become surprised when they adapt halfway through the firing cycle. It's all about timing, and I've not run into adaption problems at all with my Engineer who uses Omega Force.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147