Career Officer
# 41
10-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Nebula.......
I never viewed the Nebula as a Kitbash, because I view Kitbashes as ships created from different pieces of other ships to make a new ship. The Nebula is just a restructured Galaxy with new original parts (like the Sensor Array). The Miranda and Centaur are the same as well.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 42
10-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Why are the windows on that "Excalibur" class so much bigger than the windows on the Sovereign? As though they took a ship Sovereign's size, and just made it bigger for no reason?

/questionanswered
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
10-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
Why are the windows on that "Excalibur" class so much bigger than the windows on the Sovereign? As though they took a ship Sovereign's size, and just made it bigger for no reason?

/questionanswered
It's a STO ship - the decks are 25 meters high instead of 3.

Serious answer: creator fails at inverse square law.

The page says it was originally the size of the Sovereign and they increased its mass by 50%... which somehow increased linear dimensions 200% based on its new length...

Inverse square law will eat your children if you try something like that. Double one dimension, square two, cube three - that's an 800% increase in volume (and assuming approximately the same density mass), not 50%.

On the same note, the crew count is just sad for a ship this size. The Galaxy is already way below the space/crew curve compared to other Star Trek ships, and this thing is far enough off that the Galaxy isn't even an outlier anymore. To maintain the space/crew ratio of the Sovereign, it'd need a crew of 6400-8000.

Last edited by hevach; 10-09-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Captain
# 44
10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I never viewed the Nebula as a Kitbash, because I view Kitbashes as ships created from different pieces of other ships to make a new ship. The Nebula is just a restructured Galaxy with new original parts (like the Sensor Array). The Miranda and Centaur are the same as well.
Ex-Astris disagrees.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 45
10-09-2012, 06:42 PM
pfui, I'll take the 'soft canon' Excalibur over that bloated excuse for a Sovereign/Galactica love-child spawn any day...
Career Officer
# 46
10-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Sorry, but Ex Astris is just another fan site with their own set of opinions. So basically you are countering my opinion, with someone elses opinion.

If you think the Miranda and Nebula or whatever are Kitbashes, then that's what you believe. But I literally take the term "kitbashing" with Star Trek ships as literally mix-matching parts of different ships to create a new one.
NO to ARC!

Last edited by azurianstar; 10-09-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Captain
# 47
10-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahlphoenix View Post
I love Excalibur Class (real)

That real "Super Battleship" Class, but have others informations :
It is a criuser not a BB and can support cannons look at my link.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
10-09-2012, 08:01 PM
There are lots of awesome fanships in mods for other games that sadly are unlikely to see light of day here
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Lieutenant
# 49
10-09-2012, 08:10 PM
I'd like to see a quick way for ship designers to submit a design for a ship and hand over the rights for the ship to cryptic, maybe with a significant stipend if the ship is used. The designer gets to name it(if the name is appropriate) and they get their name put in the description of the ship as its designer. Something like a year round(next enterprise) contest.

This would likely help to fill in the obvious gaps in many MANY race's ships.
Career Officer
# 50
10-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoldt View Post
I'd like to see a quick way for ship designers to submit a design for a ship and hand over the rights for the ship to cryptic, maybe with a significant stipend if the ship is used. The designer gets to name it(if the name is appropriate) and they get their name put in the description of the ship as its designer. Something like a year round(next enterprise) contest.

This would likely help to fill in the obvious gaps in many MANY race's ships.
Sorry, but Cryptic can't legally do that.
NO to ARC!