Commander
# 1 Holograms Get Ill?
10-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I just noticed that in my DOFF mission: Contain Outbreak of Kamaraazite Flu, I am required to offer a Doctor, and four other of any DOFF for the mission.

I assume that the Outbreak has affected these other four DOFFs, and that my Doctor must work to cure them.

The funny thing that I noticed is that for my other DOFFs, I can assign holograms along with the Doctor... therefore I am assuming that my Holograms have gotten ill

Kinda weird hehe. Would this be considered an HTD?
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post
I just noticed that in my DOFF mission: Contain Outbreak of Kamaraazite Flu, I am required to offer a Doctor, and four other of any DOFF for the mission.

I assume that the Outbreak has affected these other four DOFFs, and that my Doctor must work to cure them.

The funny thing that I noticed is that for my other DOFFs, I can assign holograms along with the Doctor... therefore I am assuming that my Holograms have gotten ill

Kinda weird hehe. Would this be considered an HTD?
Star Trek was full of all sorts of wierd things that shouldn't effect something/someone, but does...
Season1 Episode 2 ST:TNG, everyone gets the "drunk" sickness, even Data...

Not that I'm complaining. That episode does provide some valueable information like how Data was "fully functional" abd "versed in multiple techniques", which just so happened to be what Tasha Yar was looking for.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...

Last edited by darkstarkirian; 10-07-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Commander
# 3
10-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Well, I would figure that if a Hologram got a virus... then a Doctor probably would not be the one who would fix 'em ;-)

"Dammit, Jim, I am a Doctor not a Photonics Officer!"
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post
Well, I would figure that if a Hologram got a virus... then a Doctor probably would not be the one who would fix 'em ;-)

"Dammit, Jim, I am a Doctor not a Photonics Officer!"
Ya, but in the case of Data, it was the Doctor that cured everyone, including Data.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I've had both my holographic DOffs and my exocomp sent to sickbay following a risky assignment.

I assume to supervise...

500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
Career Officer
# 6
10-07-2012, 06:09 PM
There was one episode the Doctor did get sick, but he programmed the sickness into his subroutines.

So if a Hologram gets sick, it's literally a computer virus.
Captain
# 7
10-07-2012, 06:17 PM
I once had a photonic doctor treat a photonic sensors officer for a leg fracture.

Musta been hell of a conversation.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
10-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory Alpha; Tattoo
The Doctor has "infected" himself with the 29-hour Levodian flu to prove a point to Kes, who is worried he is unable to feel compassion for the patients he treats.
This is a hologram getting sick.
Career Officer
# 9
10-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagurazaka77 View Post
I've had both my holographic DOffs and my exocomp sent to sickbay following a risky assignment.

I assume to supervise...
I assume their AI is so advanced, they mimick symptoms.

I do love when my exocomp starts a bar fight.
Ensign
# 10
10-08-2012, 02:56 AM
I love sending my exocomp on diplomatic missions because they excel at that.. "Bliiip wriiiivw blip blip".