Captain
# 21
10-22-2012, 12:44 AM
How can anyone play offensive nebula without warp plasma is beyond me !
Captain
# 22
10-22-2012, 01:45 AM
I depends on how you build it. I follow Cygone's build which is a boatload of fun. I'd swap for EWP when I don't need that much hull healing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 23
10-22-2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reichwald12 View Post
Sounds awesome man. What are you running on it?

Not derailing the thread at all.. so.... yeah... go Nebula!
I'm sure you could adapt it to the Fleet Nebula as well, so it's not a complete derail...

You'd lose a bit of DPS (via taking DPB1 instead of DPB2) and a Tac Console, but gain a Science Console and a bit more Hull/Shield capacity.

It's basically an adaptation of the old Cygone builds: Fore is 2 Quantum Launchers and a Polarized Disruptor DBB (or 1 Quantum and 2 DBBs for Fleet missions instead of STFs). Aft is 2 Tricobalt Mines and a Polarized Disruptor Turret. All MKXII Purples.

DOFFs: 2x Projectile Weapon, 2x Technician, 1x Conn Officer (Tac Team). All Purple. Can swap the Conn Officer for a Borg Warfare to trade survivablity for more DPS. (If you're only running one Torp Launcher, you could swap the Projectile Weapon DOFFs for something else - Shield Distribution, Conn Officer, Gravimetric, etc)

Only other thing of note is Universal Consoles: the Tholian Web and Vent Theta Radiation are both invaluable, the first one can give Donatra (or Probes, or Kang attackers) a very very bad day.

Tac Consoles are a slight issue, as you can't buff everything simultaneously with a single Console. If you can be sure of always being within Minelaying range, then for maximum DPS it'd be best to go for 3x Tricobalt consoles. The alternatives would be an all-rounder setup (1 of each console) or a long-range/high speed setup (concentrating on torps/mines: running weapons power low + shield/engine/aux power high). Don't forget a "Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat Console" (to enhance Mines, Torps and Energy Drains) in one of the Science/Engineering console slots.

In STFs, at close range most of the damage will be done by mines, with Torps taking over at longer ranges. The DBB is there for "Beam:Target Subsystem"s and to aid in Shield Stripping, the Turret is there because 2 Mines max you out and nothing else would be better. A typical engagement against shielded targets sees you leading off with Tykens Rift, followed by Beam:Target Shields to weaken them, and then pound away. Once you're facing bare hull, Tac Captain Buffs + APB + Dispersion Pattern Beta + Gravity Well + Torp Spread + TBR3 makes for some sizable spike damage. When fighting Borg Gateways on KASE, you don't even need to detarget the gate (and thus break Sensor Analysis) in order to continually kill all four probes - Torp Spread + DPB2 + TBR3 does the trick all by themselves, though throwing out the odd Tykens Rift or GW1 will speed things up. Ditto for Killing BoPs/Raptors whilst taking apart a Cube on CSEs.

And as an aside, GW1 + Aux2Bat + TBR3 works brilliantly. Bonus Points if you push them into a Tricobalt Mine net and/or throw a Tholian Web on whatever's left. There's more than enough time between Aux2Bat Cycles to throw up TSS/HE at full AUX...

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
Lieutenant
# 24
10-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Every time you update the build here, its like a little bit of Christmas morning.
Lieutenant
# 25
10-23-2012, 08:51 AM
In that case, I'll just post here to make your day again.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
10-24-2012, 03:18 PM
well my build is undergoing another re-tweaking... while it works well in PVP as is I FEEL that I can still squeeze a little more out of it... so its back to the drawing board for me... will post end result when Im finished
Lieutenant
# 27
10-28-2012, 06:16 AM
What tool or parser do you use to measure damage output?
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
10-29-2012, 06:05 AM
one of my fleet mates uses a parser when we are playing in STFs and in PVP I always team up with him when testing a new build.... this is how I see my improvements
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Lieutenant
# 29
10-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
one of my fleet mates uses a parser when we are playing in STFs and in PVP I always team up with him when testing a new build.... this is how I see my improvements
Cool. I've been running ACT in the background during encounters and in events like ISE I average about 2500-3000dps or so. Not a ton of damage, of course, but that's to be expected. Plus I'm more worried about keeping the team alive so if I have good damage numbers, great, but I know that's not my primary job with my current build.

I guess I should post my build on here some time and let it be belittled.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
10-30-2012, 05:53 AM
seems that most that post about the nebula here are not the kind to completely belittle a build most of us will offer constructive criticism.... so feel free to post your builds for the nebula retrofit or fleet nebula here it just might spark ideas from others that wuld improve other builds....
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will