# 31
10-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=706971

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*gasp

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh cryptic, i KNEW it was to good to be true. vet ships for all! as long as you pony up for lifetime. i knew these ships would just HAVE to have huge dollar signs attached to them to justify all the work they put into them
Wow... Just... Wow.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Captain
# 32 There fixed it
10-09-2012, 02:18 PM
They made an error. I fixed it.

Original lie:

"As a 1000-day Veteran, Starfleet has granted you command of this unique new starship - the Prototype Heavy Destroyer: Chimera Class."

Rework:

"You don't even need to be a sucker 1000-day Veteran! For cash you can just buy command of this unique new starship - Prototype Heavy Destroyer: Chimera Class."

I mean really, it's not like +- 3 years of loyalty means anything. These players have earned this time reward that you are now selling...

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 10-09-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 33
10-09-2012, 02:22 PM
It all makes sense now, just another money grab.
Rihannsu
# 34
10-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Unbelievable. ABSOLUTELY Unbelievable.......

Talk about kicking your most loyal customers in the $%%#*& teeth.
I honestly don't see how this is kicking anyone in the teeth. Everyone who's a life timer, gets access to the new ship tomorrow instead of having to wait till 1k days. It's just more incentive to get a life time sub now that there's a sale.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 35
10-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
I honestly don't see how this is kicking anyone in the teeth. Everyone who's a life timer, gets access to the new ship tomorrow instead of having to wait till 1k days. It's just more incentive to get a life time sub now that there's a sale.
Its about commitment and sacrifice of spending 1000 days in this game.

Its something to feel proud about, like the KHG and MACO sets.

Now its got nothing to do with achievement.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 10-09-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Captain
# 36
10-09-2012, 02:33 PM
- In Regenerative Mode, your Tachyon Inversion Beam is enabled, which can siphon shields from multiple targets. -

Well, now they'll have to look at sci resists.

- In Tactical Mode, the DTS console enables a powerful multi-targeting Lotus, which is capable of piercing multiple targets. -
Rihannsu
# 37
10-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Its about commitment and sacrifice of spending 1000 days in this game.

Its something to feel pride about, like the KHG and MACO sets.

Now its got nothing to do with achievement. When I see one of these ships I am not going to be wowed or impressed by the player's commitment. All I am going to see is some gimp with access to his mother's wallet..

I had access to my mother's wallet 960ish days ago tyvm!

And ask yourself. What will be left of what little PvP there remains, due to OP ships and consoles already?

I stopped asking my self that question when the Temporal Lock Box came out.
Answered information in the quote above.

But Honestly, you make it sound like that just because some one has a Life time Subscription, regardless to how many days they subscribed, they become insignifigant just because some one else can walk up and get the 1,000 days rewarded to them for buying a life time subscription now. Or if you had bought one before. You make it sound like it's a slap in the face. Or worse, it's a disrespect to the Life timers that have come before. And as much as it might seem like it, it's not. The Slap in the face already happened a LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. This is just a way to give incentive to get a life time Sub now beyond just reducing the cost of the Sub by $100 (American). And it's not a bad incentive.

Hell my friend was asking me if, since STO is doing it, was CO doing it to. Because that's another one that he would be interested in. And I can't say I wouldn't be either.

So, as far as the PVP relevence, the ships aren't the next Jem'Hadar Attack ship.. Or the Wells.. They are just nice perks for having a Life time Sub or being Subbed for 1,000 Days. Nothing more, nothing less in my eyes.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
If somebody Gets a Lifetime sub just for this ship the jokes on them anyway... and for people who already have a lifetime sub good for them i am not going to hate on anybody gettin a deal..

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Captain
# 39
10-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:

But Honestly, you make it sound like that just because some one has a Life time Subscription, regardless to how many days they subscribed, they become insignifigant just because some one else can walk up and get the 1,000 days rewarded to them for buying a life time subscription now. Or if you had bought one before. You make it sound like it's a slap in the face. Or worse, it's a disrespect to the Life timers that have come before. And as much as it might seem like it, it's not. The Slap in the face already happened a LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. This is just a way to give incentive to get a life time Sub now beyond just reducing the cost of the Sub by $100 (American). And it's not a bad incentive.

Hell my friend was asking me if, since STO is doing it, was CO doing it to. Because that's another one that he would be interested in. And I can't say I wouldn't be either.

So, as far as the PVP relevence, the ships aren't the next Jem'Hadar Attack ship.. Or the Wells.. They are just nice perks for having a Life time Sub or being Subbed for 1,000 Days. Nothing more, nothing less in my eyes.
You right. It doesn't matter. I was just hoping it would be something special.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 10-09-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Captain
# 40
10-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:

Please ignore my rant. I am just exhausted. Every week it's something else, and I am at a loss to keep-up.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 10-09-2012 at 03:33 PM.