Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 71
10-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post
There is no such thing as PVP Holy Trinity, that's not even a term... you just made it up...

I honestly don't care when or how often your team wins or loses... Battles that last for 40 mins to 1 hour are evidence of broken game mechanics that are not balanced and suited for PVP. Way to not fall asleep during that game, though.

No, it's not possible to get through a good team's heals/mitigation without buff strip of some kind. Unless of course you are talking about those hours long battles where one side just falls asleep at the keyboard and you killed a target because everyone's eyes were falling out.
No one in a good 30min+ match is complaining.

If you have played a bunch of other mmos as you claim you would understand this simple fact. Most games PvP is so fast paced that it drives away most new players. People don't like to spawn and get killed 20 seconds later. That is the reality of most MMO pvp... there are very few games that have the balance that STO has... balance where 2 teams of high skill can push a game to 30min+ by countering. STO is fairly unique in that regard... and yes most of us consider that a + not proff that something is broken... broken would be I load up a team of 5 tac scorts with 3 nuke doffs each... and roll everyone for lulz.
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 264
# 72
10-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
No one in a good 30min+ match is complaining.

If you have played a bunch of other mmos as you claim you would understand this simple fact. Most games PvP is so fast paced that it drives away most new players. People don't like to spawn and get killed 20 seconds later. That is the reality of most MMO pvp... there are very few games that have the balance that STO has... balance where 2 teams of high skill can push a game to 30min+ by countering. STO is fairly unique in that regard... and yes most of us consider that a + not proff that something is broken... broken would be I load up a team of 5 tac scorts with 3 nuke doffs each... and roll everyone for lulz.
Dude, I am not arguing with you any more... It is absolutely hilarious that you can say that, "Very few games that have the balance that STO has..." Then again you're right, very few games do have the balance that STO has... none.

Have a good one.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 73
10-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post
Dude, I am not arguing with you any more... It is absolutely hilarious that you can say that, "Very few games that have the balance that STO has..." Then again you're right, very few games do have the balance that STO has... none.

Have a good one.
Name a MMO with better pvp balance... not counting p2w units... go for it I dare you. lol

Frankly STO for all the complaining we do is one of the best balanced MMOs at its core there is. I know that sounds crazy considering how much gripping we all do... but its true sadly.

Most other MMOS are balanced of gear far to much... in most MMOs You just don't do better if you bring a proper healer and debuffer... you are flat out destroyed in seconds with out them.

Yes you can cry mitigation all you want... truth is at is core this games mitigation vs dmg values aren't that bad. Yes healing is in general stronger then dmg... however I don't think a system that had higher DPS numbers vs healing would be better...

Yes in every MMO I have ever played the Magik spewing debuffer turnes the battle every time. Yes subnuke turns battles.... I really don't see how giving that ability to everyone fixes some issue you see with stacking buffs.

In any event ya we can agree to disagree on this one... the game isn't as broken as you think imo... and imo if it where as broken as you think throwing a broken sci in a can doff into the mix doesn't fix it.

Anyway have fun in which ever game you end up in.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 74
10-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post
Who is arguing for borked DOFFs? Reading comprehension, you has it?
think your in need of learning to just read. your going to keep typing how you need an op doff to break healing after being told counters of the game. think reading comprehension is on order.

do they make a doff for that?

and why do you even skip what i said about tsi and pands? they can kill each other in games. not like its a stale mate. so what you say about not killing people beacuse of healing just dont hold water. you could have maybe even asked to jump into a game with crits just to show you how a team should work, how you do get kills and switch targets.

Last edited by broken1981; 10-07-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 75
10-07-2012, 08:03 PM
freedumbb4eva

free dumb b 4 eva

free dumb be forever

Husanak,
Thats a whole lot of minor ignorance for the rest of eternity.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 264
# 76
10-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
freedumbb4eva

free dumb b 4 eva

free dumb be forever

Husanak,
Thats a whole lot of minor ignorance for the rest of eternity.
Bring on the trolls to kill a thread. Dat troll can't spell either...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,730
# 77
10-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post
Bring on the trolls to kill a thread. Dat troll can't spell either...
You killed the thread with your inane reasoning.

And you just got buried by Husanak and the rest, so chill.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 735
# 78
10-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
You may mean this in a tongue-in-cheek-way, but in fact, it is true in the original sense of the "OP" term. Well-working teams are far superior to PUGs, to the point of the latter being discouraged from PvPing. Solution: Smaller teams to make teamwork less important. And even a 1v1 queue (or game modes that discourage clobbing together).
I actually find myself astonished to agree with you on this point!

I've said it before, and been slapped silly for it, but teamwork in STO IS OP. Working together brings too much to the game. If you've even been in a PUGvPUG game with 2 people from a premade on one side, you'll know what I mean. 2 people working perfectly together can easily deal with a 5-man PUG, even if the PUG is made up of decent players (but not decent team-players).

2v2 and 3v3 queues would help a lot against this. 1v1, not so much. Any experienced pvpeer should be able to make a build that simply can not be killed by any one player. It's not even hard to do. Queueing for 1v1, you would most likely meet a lot of these tanks and be stuck in a neverending battle.

My own suggestion would be to reduce the effectiveness of team-healing. For instance by giving HE, TSS and AtoSIF 25% reduction when applied to someone other than yourself. (+ reduce Extend resist)

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that working as a team should not make you a lot better for it. I just want people to see that there are degrees of everything. Right now, 5 people working together are stronger than 10 people (with same skill as individuals) not working together. Maybe stronger even than 15. Now IMO, 5 people working together should equal 7-8 people that lack coordination. To sum it up: Teamwork should give a really good advantage, but not infinite advantage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Frankly STO for all the complaining we do is one of the best balanced MMOs at its core there is. I know that sounds crazy considering how much gripping we all do... but its true sadly.
This is true. Balance is almost impossible to acheive, but STO almost haz it.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,671
# 79
10-07-2012, 11:52 PM
i cant stand people that defend crap like this that replaces skill, teamwork, tactics, communication, and balance

with LUCK


what a POS doff, should be removed from the game, money spent on them be damned.


tactic without SNB doff

ok team out heal their damage into a stalemate and then have the sci ship call shots and give us an opening to get a kill. good job team, that took teamwork and was satisfying


tactics with snb doffs

everybody shoot that guy and then he will be striped of resistance and die. i like cannon rapid fire and escorts and the space bar a whole lot. my next favorite things are siphon drones and runabouts
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 735
# 80
10-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post

tactic without SNB doff

ok team out heal their damage into a stalemate and then have the sci ship call shots and give us an opening to get a kill. good job team, that took teamwork and was satisfying
yeah, there are a ton of ways to kill someone without resorting to auto-wipe doffing.

SNB
Target Subsystem
Viral Matrix (sadly, good because of doffs)
Photonic Shockwave
Sci based power drains
TBR
Sensor Scan
Scramble

Combine a few of the listed abilities in the right amount, in the right place, at the right time. That's how to debuff someone through skill, not luck.

True, the abilities listed above may need a slight buff, but that is incoming in the form of reworked CDs. (let's hope they don't overdo it...)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 PM.