Lt. Commander
Great news that an APP for our mobiles is in the works/thinking stages.
What would you like to see in the APP??

Here is my list:

Duty officer management; Start assignments, collect rewards, manage active personel.

Mail access: Send and retrive mails/items

Exchange AND Inventory access: To be able to buy/post/claim items from the exchange.

Fleet holding: See the status of various projects, contribute.

Navigation: Select and area to travel to, so when you log on with the computer later, your ship is at the appropiate location.

Dilithium Exchange: Convert your Zen or Dilithium

Lieutenant
# 2
08-22-2012, 02:06 PM
A simple Doff app would be enough for me. Anything else would be icing on the cake
Ensign
# 3
08-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Shenanigans. But yes, I agree, anything above Doff management would be icing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stof4nb0y View Post
A simple Doff app would be enough for me. Anything else would be icing on the cake
Soo true. But why stop there really?? We trekkers are never fully contempt, so throwing everything in at once would be the easiest way
Career Officer
# 5
08-22-2012, 02:19 PM
I actually like that short list, simple yet functional. I would add:

-C-Store Access, like it is on the site now with character select for character services.

-Account Bank access, for easy shifting of items and currency around.

Since we have to log onto each toon separately to sort income from the exchange. I'd prefer having my EC from the Exchange mailed to me, but they disabled EC mailing because of EC sellers.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
I actually like that short list, simple yet functional. I would add:

-C-Store Access, like it is on the site now with character select for character services.

-Account Bank access, for easy shifting of items and currency around.

Since we have to log onto each toon separately to sort income from the exchange. I'd prefer having my EC from the Exchange mailed to me, but they disabled EC mailing because of EC sellers.
Great! Totally forgot about the Zen store. Ofcourse it must be in there to!
Bank to ofcourse! Thanks!
Commander
# 7
08-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Don't care if it's an app, but being able to manage DOffs out of game would be great.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkeith2011 View Post
Don't care if it's an app, but being able to manage DOffs out of game would be great.
A Doff app would be the best app. Everything else I can do in-game and would probably be too complicated anyway.
Captain
# 9
08-22-2012, 09:22 PM
^ as above.

Please make the initial "version 0.1" as basic as possible first. Doffing was the main priority when the community brought up the mobile app idea 6-8 months ago or even earlier.

Anything more complex or requires more server access will likely drag out the development time and cause more potential for bugs/failure.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
08-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara View Post
^ as above.
Anything more complex or requires more server access will likely drag out the development time and cause more potential for bugs/failure.
I imagine it might be kind of like the Mass Effect Datapad app and its ability to influence Galactic Readiness through Doff-like missions.

Given Doffing is more complicated in various ways, the simplest set of features we should go for is:

- Display Doff Reserve Roster, with organization options as in-game
- Display available assignments in personal and current sector (transferring sectors would need to be done in-game)
- Display in-progress assignments and results
- Allow starting of assignments

There's a lot that could prove hard to manage. For example, recruitment missions and managing available inventory/doff slots and so on, but the above is what I want most out of an STO app.