Empire Veteran
I was gonna post this elsewhere in the forum, but felt it might be better answered here. I know trying to find the maximum damage resistance isn't exactly effective or useful to know, but I'm really curious about it. Both in ground and on space. I don't have all super-powerful Mk XII stuff across the board, so I know that alone won't give me the max of course.

Oh yes, I mean hull resistance in space, and armor resistance on the ground.

So far, I've managed to personally get about 60% roughly resistance to kinetic and physical damage, a little lower (About 55%) for energy types, and around the 40% range for more exotic damage (like toxic).

For space, I managed to get my D'kora up to 66% resistance to all energy damage, and 70% kinetic resistance.

I'm sure someone can get higher numbers than that of course. I'm just wondering what those numbers might be.

Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-07-2012, 02:40 AM
I can get a fair bit over 96% for a very short burst. Mostly it is around 60% to 70%
Career Officer
# 3
10-07-2012, 03:49 AM
in an intrepid with 3 armour consoles, aux to sif 1, polarize hull 3, the brace for impact, the sciecne enegry bubble and the intrpid armor going-

i reached 98.6 for about 3 seconds. died when i rammed something.
Commander
# 4
10-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Ground:
Damage resistance is not hard-capped, but instead follows a diminishing returns model. Theoretically you could have 100% damage resistance, but you would need infinite numerical resistance to attain that percentage. The maximum reasonably sustainable damage resistance is about 60%, as a self-healing sci.
Rihannsu
# 5
10-08-2012, 04:18 AM
This article for you:

http://www.stowiki.org/Damage_resistance

Note that shields are separate from that, and their resistances work differently.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584