Career Officer
# 11
10-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Anyone have info on Fleet Elite Melee Weapons?
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmerzan View Post
Ok i get the heal but is the chanse of the shield heal worth giving up the 3 extra dps points you know ya getting every shot, I like heals but i allways want more power lol any thoughts.
Something to consider: the shield heal proc was changed with the recent patch. It's now a heal over time as opposed to a large heal, like hitting a shield battery. When you add that to the "chance" to proc, DPS may be more valuable to you.

I'm still roughly two days away from starting construction on the T3 fabricator. I can't shake a feeling of irritation with how Elite ground gear has been setup. From what I've read about the DPS and weapon types, I'm getting the feeling I'll mostly be picking up a couple of these for the unique artwork. I know they didn't want to over power these weapons compared to STF gear, but STF gear doesn't require a monetized in game currency (dilithium) to purchase. I'll have to hold off on a true review until I get my hands on the gear myself. The armor at least looks worth getting.

Last edited by avantgarde01; 10-13-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Anyone have info on Fleet Elite Melee Weapons?
Advanced ones aren't...bad. A good trade-off if you just want a nice melee weapon without trying the exchange. They all have Dmg x3 and CrtD or CrtH.

Elite ones (lirpas for Feds, and I presume Bat'leths for KDF)...

Dmg x2, CrtD or CrtH, and KB3.

Unless I was mistaken of course, and they have something else. That said, not really that useful to be honest. I didn't even see the KB3 proc in the rest of the tooltip info on the lirpas at least, only in the modifiers.

I wouldn't say they're very useful or worth using. You'd be better off spending 50 lobi and buying a weapon from there, that'll at least let you use a nice weapon plus the unique effect(s) it has, like the Tholian Sword. Or for Klingons, stick with a Shard Sword of Kahless.

Career Officer
# 14
10-13-2012, 01:26 AM
KB3 on melee weapons is bad mmmmkay...

i don't want the enemy to get pushed out of range when i hit him in the face, i want him to get stunned or rooted, not pushed away.

Also the KDF Disruptor Minigun STILL fires orange Phaser Bolts instead of Green Disruptor Bolts, please swap the FX out to the correct one, kthx

the damage is disruptor, but the visuals say phaser.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
10-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Also the fleet melee weapons are actually weaker then the standerd ones, the none fleet purple mkxi melee weapons actually have a higher dps on them so there not worth it
Empire Veteran
# 16
10-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Something else I noticed today is that they removed Elite Disruptors from the Fed elite gear (and I would guess Elite phasers from KDF).

Community Moderator
# 17
10-14-2012, 05:02 AM
What I believe they should add that could possibly solve the problem (that is loosing MACO/Omega/Honor Guard set bonus abilities)... Is a 4th piece to each ground set, a device which adds a new ability, but not one which is incredibly valuable, so for example a passive ability which will auto counter assimilation when all 4 set pieces are equipped, the device could be something which increases dodge chance as well as movement speed (which would be useful right?), so think of Melora's exoskeleton (click).

That way you could choose to swap out either say the STF set shield or Armour for one of the fleet Elite ground gear items, and as long as you have the device equipped you wouldn't loose any of the STF set bonuses, meaning you'd keep that quick remodulation.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Republic Veteran
# 18
10-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Do the weapons look unique?
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Empire Veteran
# 19
10-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
Do the weapons look unique?
Melee or ranged?

I don't own a melee one, so no clue, but the elite weapons do have unique models and such. You can see at least the phasers in the Fed SB in those large, glass cases near the requisition doorway.

Republic Veteran
# 20
10-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Melee or ranged?

I don't own a melee one, so no clue, but the elite weapons do have unique models and such. You can see at least the phasers in the Fed SB in those large, glass cases near the requisition doorway.
Nice, those look badass.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||